Slideshows Arts Alive!
1. WORLD CUP 1626 F St. Aaron Stack, ceramics; music by DJ Kissyface.
2. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda: Blue Lotus Jazz; William Thonson Gallery: Redwood Art Association Exhibition; Homer Balabanis Gallery: Morris Graves & Selections from the Humboldt Arts Council Permanent Collection; Knight Gallery: Rie Muñoz, Alaska; Anderson Gallery: Remembering Juanita Larson; Youth Gallery: Ojos de Oaxaca: The Oaxaca Teen Project, photographs; Second Saturday Family Arts Day Gallery: Tessellations, children’s art.
3. EUREKA CONCERT AND FILM CENTER 612 F St.
4. EUREKA OLD GLASS HOUSE & ANTIQUES/EUREKA SOAP FACTORY 604 F St. Oberon Bar painting restored by Donna Sellers.
5. OBENTO 517 F St.
6. SACRED PALACE BOUTIQUE - BIKRAM YOGA – HUMBOLDT BRANCH 516 Fifth St. Angelina Lasko and Katie, digital nature and mushroom photographs; DJ music and dance party.
7. OASIS 520 Fifth St. Ya Habibi Dance Company, 7:30 and 8:30; Jade Rathmann, Photographs from al Arabbiya.
8. PLAZA DESIGN 427 F St. Scott Sween, paintings; Flamenco guitar by Pete Zugleger.
9. NORTH COAST DANCE 426 F St. Hip-hop by Humboldt Rockers; Debbie Weist ballroom/club dance.
9a. INDAH BALI 440 F St. Loryn White, Joyce Jonte, Barbara Wright and Thomas Fossier. Music by Gamelan Sekar Sequoia.
9b.. SURFSIDE BURGER BAR 445 Fifth St. Chad Smith, photographs.
9c. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 Fifth St. Ayla Khan.
10. SACRED BODIES PILATE 520 E St. Belly Dancing by Karmaja, Marjhani and Megz, Erika and Raquel of Ya Habibi Dance Co. and Marjhani class dancers; Pilates equipment and mat demonstration with Susie Kidd.
11. WELLS FARGO ADVISORS 318 Fifth St. Karen Merry, mixed media.
12. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. Photographs by the Fortuna Camera Club.
13. EMPIRE SQUARED 47 W. Third St. ISMS.
14. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY at the Studio 272 C St. Ryan Stoltz and Mark Williams, The Way My Heart Reflects Pain and Struggle Maybe Cars or Trees and the Holy Spirit.
14a. ACCIDENT GALLERY 210 C St. Sheik vs. Wong, Landscapes and Hand Grenades, paintings.
15. C ST. HALL GALLERY 208 C St.
16. MANTOVA’S TWO STREET MUSIC 124 Second St. Eureka. Big Band Swing music by Brass Band, 6-8 p.m.
16a. LIVELLA STUDIOS (Music Recording Studio/Art Gallery) 120 Second St. Errol O’Falahee & Katrina Godsil.
17. STEVE AND DAVE’S First and C Sts. Music with Dr. Squid; John Harland, photographs.
18. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Traditional Southwest artists’ prints.
18a. HUMBOLDT COUNTY GENERAL STORE 219 Second St. Ron Allen, Mister Airbrush Hands, airbrush art.
18b. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. DeVon Dragon, The Vintage Boudoir, b&w/sepia photographs.
19. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Yevonne Reynolds, colored pencil drawings of Prince of Wales Island, Alaska; Acoustic guitar by Todd Krider; Author herbalist Pam Montgomery signs her book Plant Spirit Healing.
20. ART OF WINE 308 Second St. Figurative paintings by multiple artists.
21. NORTHCOAST KNITTERY 320 Second St. Chrystyna McMinn, ceramics.
21a. AMERIND BAY 324 Second St.
22. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM Third and E St. New exhibit on the year 1910 including school photos, calendars, local business receipts and greeting cards.
23. GAIA IMPORTS 426 Third St.
24. SHIPWRECK AND YARN 430 Third St. Gretchen Anderson; “Forget-Me-Not” photo booth; catering by Dove’s Catering; Creative Reuse Challenge: pick out packages of vintage pieces of clothing that you remake into something new for March Arts Alive.
25. CLARKE PLAZA Third and E Sts. MARZ Project presents Jam Van 6-7:30 p.m. for youth.
26. CAFÉ NOONERS 409 Opera Alley. Photographs by Arcata Art Institute.
27. HUMBOLDT BAY KEEPER 211 E St. Susan Cooper, oil paintings; Music by Falling Rocks, Ken & Marie Jorgensen and Hal Krohn.
28. RAMONE’S 209 E St. Meredith Aldrich, abstract paintings; music by Anthony Mankins and the Jazz Prophets; live remote with KHUM.
29. BOOKLEGGER 402 Second St.
30. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. Shawn Griggs, paintings.
30a. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Sonia Orban, acrylics.
30b. NORTH SOLES 417 Second St. Dean Smith, paintings.
30c.. REFLECTIONS GALLERY 417 Second St. Sara Westfahl, acrylic paintings.
31. OLD TOWN SQUARE Second and F Sts. MARZ Project presents Dance & Drum in Humboldt, 7:30-8:30 p.m.
31a.. SISTERFRIENDSJEANS 108 F St. Ashley Sutherland, industrial seascapes.
32. HSU FIRST STREET GALLERY 422 First St. Featuring Beaux Zoos 2010, Animal Imagery in Art, Amy Granfield, Ruth Miller, Lush Newton, Malia Penhal, Claire Iris Schencke, David White; art faculty of CSU Stanislaus.
33. SEA BREEZE CANDY AND TEE’S F St. Plaza.
34. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St. Paula Anderson, watercolors.
35. BELLA BASKETS 412 Second St. Kathryn Hedges, local photographs; food demos.
36. EUREKA FABRICS 420 Second St. Kathryne DeLorme, mordern art masks.
36a. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St. Dione Armand will be signing her new photo-history of Trinidad from 6:30-8 p.m.
36c. SHORELINES GALLERY 434 Second St.
37. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 Second St.
38. ALL UNDER HEAVEN 212 F St. Augustus Clark, paintings.
38a. TALISMAN BEADS 214 F St.
39. MOON’S PLAY AND LEARN 218 F St. Alder Grove Charter School artwork.
39a. SASAFRASS 226 F St.
40. BAA BAA SHEEPSKIN 234 F St.
40a. THE RITZ TEPANYAKI Corner Third & F St. Suza Lambert.
41. DOT & DAUGHTER 311 F St.
42. COCO & CUVEE 531 Third St. Paige McClurg, mixed media charcoals, acrylics, oils, watercolors, color pencil, India ink and more; Paige will be doing charcoals live from 6-9 p.m.
43. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third St. Kids Alive Program, drop-off 5:30-8:00; call for reservations 443-9694.
43a. AMERICAN INDIAN ART AND GIFT 233 F St. Gary Markussen, local jewelry.
43b. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Muriel Spencer and Mori Schultz, paintings and sculpture; Music by the John David Young Trio.
44. BON BONIERE 215 F St. Poppy, abstract, 3D mixed media; Dale Winget guitarist/vocalist.
45. OLD TOWN COFFEE and CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Joyce Willes, photographs and watercolors; Music with Shinbone.
46. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Corner of 2nd and F Sts. Samuel and Bjorn Lundeen, landscape, seascape and still life oil paintings; clarinet duets by Wynsome Winds.
47. HOLLYGOLIGHTLY 514 Second St. Susan Strope, Paintings in Blue.
48. OBERON GRILL 516 Second St. Photographs of Old Eureka from Historical Society.
49. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St.
50. HURRICANE KATE’S 511 Second St. Jesse Wiedel, oil paintings; Dean Smith, oil pastels.
51. HIMALYAN RUG TRADER 529 Second St. Our rugs reflect art images from around the world.
52. BUHNE ART STUDIOS 207 G St. (Second Floor) Karen Merry; Studio 206: Erik Horvath.
53. HUMBOLDT CARPET SHOWROOM AT THE GALLERY Second and G St. Cindy Forsyth, mosaics; Lynn A. Ridgeway, Hawaiian inspired works.
53a. SUKI BOUTIQUE 221 Second St. Neil Harver.
53b. PIANTE 620 Second St. Erin Whitman, Bedtime Stories, acrylic on canvas.
54. ESKRA INSURANCE 622 Second St. Humboldt Life Drawing Group, New Figurative Works.
55. SMUGS PIZZA 626 Second St. Jennifer Burger, photographs.
56. AVALON Third & G Sts.
57. UPSTAIRS ABOVE THE LOST COAST BREWERY 615 Fourth St. Valentine’s Day Heart Art.
58. STUDIO S 717 Third St. Purple paintings; Humboldt Life Drawing Group, New Figurative Works.
59. HAS BEANS 738 Second St. Open Mic 6-9 p.m.
60. BIGFOOT COMPUTERS AND PHOTOGRAPHY TOO… 905 Third St. Yeti Production Demonstration.
61. ANTIQUES AND GOODIES 1138 Third St. Louise Bacon Ogden, pen & ink, scratchboard, and watercolors; KEET Fundraiser artwok; Diane Slagle, paintings and jewelry; hats by Dale Lee; Kathleen Bechler, fiber arts; 19th Century political cartoons.
62. LOOKING GLASS RESTAURANT 1436 Second St. Kristen Hunter, lens-free photography,