First Saturday Night Arts Alive! Is proudly presented by USBank, with Eureka Main Street and the Humboldt Arts Council Opening receptions for artists, exhibits, and/or performances April 3 6-9 p.m. Phone 707-442-9054, for more information.
1. WORLD CUP 1626 F St. Redwood Coast Montessori School; live music.
2. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St.
Performance Rotunda Gamelan Seka Sequoia; Rotunda Gallery, David Groth; William Thonson Gallery, 9th Annual Northwest Eye Regional Photography Competition & Exhibition; Homer Balabanis Gallery Morris Graves & Selections from the Humboldt Arts Council Permanent Collection; Knight Gallery, HAC Permanent Collection; Anderson Gallery David Lochtie, Humboldt Line, Humboldt Shape; Youth Gallery, Our Rainforest: Our Web of Life; Second Saturday Family Arts Day Gallery View the children’s Painted Flowers inspired by Georgia O’Keefe.
3. EUREKA CONCERT AND FILM CENTER 612 F St.
4. EUREKA OLD GLASS HOUSE & ANTIQUES/EUREKA SOAP FACTORY 604 F St. Donna Sellers; hand crafted soaps.
5. DALIANES TRAVEL 522 F St. Jan Yeager, watercolors.
6. SWANLUND’S CAMERA 527 F St. HSU Photography Club.
6a. OBENTO’S 517 F St. Eureka High Senior Photos.
6. SACRED PALACE BOUTIQUE - BIKRAM YOGA – HUMBOLDT BRANCH 516 Fifth St. Guest artists, and live music.
7. OASIS 520 Fifth St. Planet Rock and State of Mind DJ.
8. KATHLEEN BRYSON LAW OFFICES 702 Fifth St. Edie List, watercolors; Ricky Cross, oils and porcelain; Janie Clark, oils and watercolors; Music by MC Bruce.
9. PLAZA DESIGN 427 F St. Allison Reed; flute and harp by Lonni Magellan.
10. NORTH COAST DANCE 426 F St. Belly dancing with Shoshana at 6:30 and 7:45; Balkan music by Musaic.
10a. INDAH BALI 440 F St. Betsy Roberts, Joyce Jonte, Barbara Wright, Elaine Benjamin, and Thomas Fossier. Music by Jennifer Breeze Band.
10b. SURFSIDE BURGER BAR 445 Fifth St. Music by John David Young Trio.
10c. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 Fifth St. Blake Regan, Circum-tribulate, oils and acrylics.
11. WELLS FARGO ADVISORS 318 Fifth St. Samuel and Angela Lundeen, paintings.
12. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. Fortuna Camera Club photographs.
13. EMPIRE SQUARED 47 W. Third St. The Ministry of Misinformation presents The Greatest Show on Earth.
14. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY at the Studio 272 C St. Four Worlds Amazingly Collide with Fun Exciting Aliens, collaborative installation between Studio artists and artist Reuben Sorensen; showing of the short film Drive-In Movie.
14a. ACCIDENT GALLERY 210 C St. Wesley T. Wright, Being Human, ceramics; Ashely Hudson and Ben Driggs, Our Own Little World, mixed media drawings and sculpture.
15. HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Ian Harriott, John King, Marceau Verdier, David Hodes, and studio artists.
16. MANTOVA’S TWO STREET MUSIC 124 Second St. Music by Soulfull Sidekicks.
16a. LIVELLA STUDIOS (Music Recording Studio/Art Gallery) 120 Second St. Francene Lockett, mixed media paintings.
17. STEVE AND DAVE’S First and C Sts. Music by Dr. Squid; John Harland, photographs.
18. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Traditional Southwest artists’ prints.
18a. HUMBOLDT COUNTY GENERAL STORE 219 Second St. Bryant Taylor, mixed media.
18b. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. Bob Lawblah, Full Frontal Nerdity, India ink on Bristol.
19. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Natalie Craig, figure drawings in mixed media; Todd Krider, acoustic guitar; 5-minute chair massages by Old Town holistic massage practitioner Kara Simpson.
20. ART OF WINE 308 Second St. 10 local artists; Seth Strope, abstract paintings.
21. TINA ALLEN, CMT HEALING ART CENTER 320 Second St. Laura Chapman White, dream-like figurative oil paintings.
21a. CIARA’S IRISH SHOP 334 Second St. Elsie Mendes, Julia Bednar, and Delores Terry.
22. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. Cara Rider, mosaics; Katelyn Lollich, shell, bone, wood jewelry; Carol Nelson, vintage gifts.
23. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM Third and E St. Art Barab, Humboldt Bay and Arcata Bottoms photographs.
23a. 321 GALLEGOS 321 Third St. “Come join Citizens for Attorney Paul Gallegos 2010 at our campaign headquarters. Local artists, mother and son, Joan & David Dunning are displaying their artwork “Waves”; live music by Jesse Elias, and refreshments”.
24. SHIPWRECK AND YARN 430 Third St. Amber Tickett.
25. CLARKE PLAZA Third and E Sts. MARZ Project Jam Van 6-7:30.
26. CAFÉ NOONERS 409 Opera Alley. Arcata Art Institute, stencil artwork.
27. HUMBOLDT BAY KEEPER 211 E St. Music by Kenny Ray and the Mighty Rovers, Ken and Maria Jorgenson and Darrin Weiss; Ted Trichilo, watercolors.
28. RAMONE’S 209 E St. Arcata Art Institute, Figure Drawing Show; live music by The Pheobes.
29. BOOKLEGGER 402 Second St.
30. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. Local author Natasha Wing, Jalapeno Bagels, book signing.
30a. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Fereshteh M. Zadeh, watercolors; vocalist/ukulele Claire Bent.
30b. NORTH SOLES 417 Second St. Bob and Donna Sellers, Reflections of the Feminine: An Archetype Art Journey.
30c. REFLECTIONS GALLERY 417 Second St. Music by The Signing Nettles.
31. OLD TOWN SQUARE Second and F Sts. MARZ Project Dance and Drum in Humboldt 7:30-8:30.
31a. SISTERFRIENDSJEANS 108 F St.
32. HSU FIRST STREET GALLERY 422 First St. Mimi LaPlant, My Life as an Artist, A Survey of Works, 1973-2010.
33. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT F St. Plaza. Richard Duning, artwork.
33a. SEA BREEZE CANDY AND TEE’S F St. Plaza. Vintage arcade games.
34. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St. Louise Bacon-Ogden, The Art of Nature.
34a. HUMBOLDT ACUPUNCTURE 123 F St. Suite F. Augustus Clark, paintings.
35. BELLA BASKETS 412 Second St. Kathryn Hedges, local Botanical photographs; food demos.
35. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 408 Second St.
36. EUREKA FABRICS 420 Second St. Nancy Kennedy, fabric art.
36a. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St. 2010 Godwit Days art.
36c. SHORELINES GALLERY 434 Second St. Yardbirds, metal art.
37. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 Second St. Over 30 local artists.
38. ALL UNDER HEAVEN 212 F St. Gus Clark, Golden SkyBird Show.
38a. TALISMAN BEADS 214 F St.
39. MOON’S PLAY AND LEARN 218 F St. Alder Grove Charter School artwork.
39a. SASAFRASS 226 F St.
40. BAA BAA SHEEPSKIN 234 F St.
41. DOT & DAUGHTER 311 F St.
42. COCO & CUVEE 531 Third St. Paige McClurg, mixed media charcoals, acrylics, oils, watercolors, color pencil, India ink.
43. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third St. Kids Alive Program Drop off 5:30-8:00; call for reservations 443-9694.
43a. AMERICAN INDIAN ART AND GIFT 233 F St.
43b. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Humboldt Woodworkers Society.
44. BON BONIERE 215 F St. HSU Photography Club; Dale Winget, guitar/vocalist.
45. OLD TOWN COFFEE and CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Shaun Walker, photographs; Celtic music by Scatter the Mud.
46. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING 2nd and F Sts. Karen Merry, watercolors, pen and ink; music by singer/songwriter Josephine Johnson.
48. OBERON GRILL 516 Second St. Photographs of Old Eureka from Historical Society
49. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St. Amy Lou Bags.
50. HURRICANE KATE'S 511 Second St. Employee show.
51. PLUS MODES 527 Second St.
51a. HIMALYAN RUG TRADER 529 Second St. Rugs from Kathmandu.
52. BUHNE ART STUDIOS 207 G St. Karen Merry, watercolor, pen and ink; Fran Kuta, Studio 109, oil paintings; Erik Horvath, Studio 206.
53. HUMBOLDT CARPET SHOWROOM AT THE GALLERY Second and G St. Ashley Foreman, Visionary Art; Phyllis Barba.
53a. SUKI BOUTIQUE 221 Second St. Illustrations by artist Barry Post.
54. PIANTE 620 Second St. Becky Evans, Learning the Klamath Knot.
55. SMUGS PIZZA 626 Second St. Marc McClendon, Signs, Signs, Everywhere are Signs.
55a. CLOUD NINE 634 Second St. Helen Rust.
56. AVALON Third & G Sts. William S. Pierson, Photography 2007-2009.
57. UPSTAIRS ABOVE THE LOST COAST BREWERY 615 Fourth St.
58. STUDIO S 717 Third St. Ink People Center for the Arts, 3rd Annual Open Heart Show.
59. HAS BEANS 738 Second St. Open Mic 6-9 p.m.
60. BIGFOOT COMPUTERS AND PHOTOGRAPHY TOO… 905 Third St. Frank Mallatt, Yosemite photographs.
61. ANTIQUES AND GOODIES 1128 Third St. Art for KEET.
61. LOOKING GLASS RESTAURANT 1436 Second St. Kristen Hunter, lens-free photography.