First Saturday Night Arts Alive! Is proudly presented by USBank, with Eureka Main Street and the Humboldt Arts Council Opening receptions for artists, exhibits, and/or performances July 3 6-9 p.m. Phone 707-442-9054, for more information.
1. WORLD CUP 1626 F St. Artist Lauren Sarabia; music DJ Kissyface.
1a. ST. INNOCENT ORTHODOX CHURCH 939 F St. Ken Gatlin, The Optimists, newspaper comics.
2. EUREKA INN 518 Seventh St. Trey Hale, landscape and nature photography; Ellen Bryant, Antique and Vintage hats; Lora Jabot, HollyVogue Vintage Boutique.
3. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda: Magnolia; William Thonson Gallery: Cathleen Daly: Beyond Beauty, A Decade of Watercolors; Homer Balabanis Gallery Morris Graves & Selections from the Humboldt Arts Council Permanent Collection; Knight Gallery: Jeff Craig, At Earth's Edge; Anderson Jesse Allen: The Psyche and Nature; Mel Schuler Sculpture Garden: Richard Kistler; Youth Gallery Museum Art School: Projects created from 2009-2010; Second Saturday Family Arts Day Gallery: Children's jungle artwork inspired by Henri Rousseau; MGMA Museum Gift Shop: Beth Kabat, textile art.
3. EUREKA THEATER 612 F St. Music by The No Good Redwood Ramblers.
4. EUREKA OLD GLASS HOUSE & ANTIQUES/EUREKA SOAP FACTORY 604 F St. Donna Sellers; Suzi Sicard, handcrafted bees wax ornaments.
6a. OBENTO'S 517 F St
7. SACRED PALACE BOUTIQUE - BIKRAM YOGA - HUMBOLDT BRANCH 516 Fifth St. Live Yoga art.
8. OASIS 520 Fifth St.
9. PLAZA DESIGN 427 F St. Gus Clark, lively acrylic paintings; music by Pilot Rock Ramblers.
10. NORTH COAST DANCE 426 F St. In studio performance works set to Karen Carpenter's music; and debuting Accordiona For Gabriel, inspired by the life of Romano Gabriel, new choreography. $3.00 donation requested.
10. INDAH BALI 440 F St. Betsy Roberts, Barbara Wright and Thomas Fossier. Live string music.
10b. SURFSIDE BURGER SHACK 445 Fifth St. Music by John David Young Trio.
11. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 Fifth St. Chris Selvage and Michael Manchester, airbrush art.
12. WELLS FARGO ADVISORS GALLERY 318 Fifth St. Carol McFarland, April in Paris, color photographs.
12a. NORTH COAST REPERTORY THEATRE 300 Fifth St. Oleanna directed by Linnea Conway.
13. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. Fortuna Camera Club.
14. EMPIRE SQUARED 47 W. Third St. Jullia Finklestein.
15. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY at the Studio 272 C St. Rachelle Aubrey, Getaway.
16. ACCIDENT GALLERY 210 C St. Eric Furman, Metal Works.
16a. HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Students of Michael Hays.
16b. SAILORS' GRAVE TATTOO 138 C St.
16c. LIVELLA STUDIOS (Music Recording Studio/Art Gallery) 120 Second St.
16d. MANTOVA'S TWO STREET MUSIC 124 Second St. Music by Taxi.
17. STEVE AND DAVE'S First and C Sts. Music with Dr. Squid; John Harland, photographs.
17a. REDWOOD CURTAIN 220 First St. Ellen Briggs' Starshine series.
18. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Traditional Southwest artists' prints.
18a. HUMBOLDT COUNTY GENERAL STORE 219 Second St. Mr. Airbrush Hands, multi media work.
18b. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. Patricia McGee, photographs.
19. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Todd Krider, acoustic guitar; Yasmin Spencer, pencilwork.
20. ART OF WINE 308 Second St. Humboldt phootgraphs.
21. HEALING ARTS CENTER 320 Second St. Upstairs, Suite 2A Tina Allen, CMT Artist Ashley Foreman, Visionary Art, Transmitted from Source to You; 10 minutes free massages with Tina Allen.
22. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. Adam Dias, Redwood woodworks; Mihael Blikshteyn, photography; Liz Farrell, jewelry.
23. CIARA'S IRISH SHOP 334 Second St. Samuel and Angela Lundeen, oil paintings.
24. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM Third and E St. A rare showing of the 1865 quilt made for General Grant by Eureka ladies.
25. SHIPWRECK AND YARN 430 Third St. Music by Jeeze Louise and Tomorrow Lights.
26. CAFÉ NOONERS 409 Opera Alley. Stencil artwork pieces from Arcata Art Institute.
27. HUMBOLDT BAY KEEPER 211 E St. Music by Falling Rocks; Ken and Maria Jorgensen, Hal Krohn, Rick Gustafson, photographs.
28. RAMONE'S 209 E St. Patrick Eytchison, paintings; music by Mr. Moonbeam.
29. BOOKLEGGER 402 Second St.
30. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. Sheik & Wong, Humboldt landcapes.
30a. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Brooke Marvin.
30b. NORTH SOLES 417 Second St. Paula Anderson, watercolor artist.
31. OLD TOWN SQUARE Second and F Sts. Humboldt Light Opera Company, Pirates of Penzance.
31. FIRST STREET GALLERY 422 First St. HSU Art Department Alumni, Fresh Meat.
32. SISTERFRIENDSJEANS 108 F St.
33. F STREET PLAZA We are celebrating the return of the North Coast Journal to the Main Street District. 20 years ago the Journal began in the Carson Block Building, and now we are moving back into the Greyhound Building at 310 F Street. Refer to the Calendar for more info.
33. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT F St. Plaza. Richard Duning.
33a. SEA BREEZE CANDY AND TEE'S F St. Jelly Bean Mural by Alice Burney School students.
34. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St. We opened our doors 20 years ago on July 4th! Celebrate our anniversary with cake and much more July 3 and July 4! Deborah Kallish, charcoal drawings of raptors.
34a. HUMBOLDT ACUPUNCTURE 123 F St., Upstairs Suite F. Dorje Shinno Kirsten, his grandfather, Richard Daiensai Kirsten, and father, Nicholas Honshin Kirstenk, plus daughter, Maja Chenmo Kirsten, Zen calligraphy and paintings.
35. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 408 Second St. Mari Person, photographs.
36. BELLA BASKETS 412 Second St. Matthew Filar, photographs of Humboldt Crabs Baseball Team.
36a. EUREKA FABRICS 420 Second St. Constance Rose, textile art.
36b. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St. Barry Evans signs his new book, Field Notes.
36c. SHORELINES GALLERY 434 Second St. Metal art by Yardbirds.
37. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 Second St. Lunel Haysmer.
37a. ALL UNDER HEAVEN 212 F St. Gus Clark, Golden SkyBird Show.
37b. TALISMAN BEADS 214 F St.
38. MOON'S PLAY AND LEARN 218 F St. Alder Grove Charter School artwork.
39. SASAFRASS 226 F St.
40. BAA BAA SHEEPSKIN 234 F St.
41. DOT & DAUGHTER 311 F St.
42. COCO & CUVEE 531 Third St. Jen Backman-Stone, medium size sculpture, acrylics and mixed media.
42a. DANNILYNN'S SHOE BOUTIQUE 527 Third St.
43. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third St. Kids Alive Program Drop off 5:30-8:00; call for reservations 443-9694. Dawn Woodman, Native American jewelry.
44. AMERICAN INDIAN ART & GIFT SHOP 241 F St. Stuart Foster, painter.
44. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Sarah Starr, watercolors.
45. BON BONIERE 215 F St. William Smith: acrylic landscapes, still lifes, portraits, and everse glass; Dale Winget, guitar/vocalist.
46. OLD TOWN COFFEE and CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Music by Jim Lahman Trio; Marian Brady, design exhibit; Beth Gin, paintings.
47. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Corner of 2nd and F Sts. John Palmer, landscapes; Ellen Bryant and Lora Jabot, vintage hats.
48. HOLLYGOLIGHTLY 514 Second St. Floral paintings.
48a. OBERON GRILL 516 Second St. Photographs of Old Eureka.
49. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St.
50. HURRICANE KATE'S 511 Second St. Linda Sundquist, large scale floral oil paintings.
51. THE LOBBY CAFÉ 525 Second St. Peter Zambas, representational oils on linen and panel.
51a. PLUS MODES 527 Second St. Bobbie Landry and Russ Brown.
51b. HIMALYAN RUG TRADER 529 Second St.
52. BUHNE ART STUDIOS 207 G St.
53. HUMBOLDT CARPET SHOWROOM AT THE GALLERY Second and G St. Tony Machado and Junior DeLeon; Cija Bellis, Exploration Into Memory.
53a. SUKI BOUTIQUE 612 Second St. Linda Turley, impressions and sunsets.
54. PIANTE 620 Second St. Curtis Otto and Elain O'Sullivan, ceramics.
55. SMUGS PIZZA 626 Second St. John Nordberg.
56. AVALON Third & G Sts. William S. Pierson, Photography 2007-2009.
57. UPSTAIRS ABOVE THE LOST COAST BREWERY 615 Fourth St.
58. STUDIO S 717 Third St. Humboldt County paintings.
59. HAS BEANS 738 Second St. Open Mic.
60. BIGFOOT COMPUTERS AND PHOTOGRAPHY TOO... 905 Third St. Mariana Krattiger, mixed media paintings.
61. ADORNI CENTER 1011 Waterfront Dr. The Ink People Center for the Arts, H2O Chasing Waterfalls, water themed show.
62. HUE SOUTHEAST ASIAN CUISINE 1039 Fourth St. Lateal Schumpert, mixed media.
62a. HUMBOLDT COMPUTERS.com 1103 Fourth St. at L St. Jon Marx, photographs.
63. LOOKING GLASS RESTAURANT 1436 Second St. Barry Post.