Slideshows Arts Arcata!
Arts! Arcata is Arcata Main Street’s monthly celebration of visual and performing arts, held at more than 30 participating locations in Arcata. Visit www.artsarcata.com for even more information about the event or call 822-4500.
1) Arcata Artisans 883 H St. Jim Lowry, photographs; Candy Miller, polymer clay jewelry; Susan Bornstein, paintings.
2) Arcata City Hall* 736 F St. Tony Anderson, oil paintings.
3) Arcata Exchange 813 H St. Melissa Zelinski, functional and decorative glass; Music by Cadillac Ranch.
4) Arcata Main Street *791 8th St. Marceau Verdiere, mixed media.
5) Big Blue Café *846 G St.* Michelle Murphy Ferguson, oil-based paintings.
6) Bon Boniere 791 8th St. The Arcata Arts Institute; live music.
7) Bubbles *1031 H St.* Bluegrass by Clean Livin’.
8) Cafe Brio *791 G St.* Jazz by Weather Machine.
9) Fire Arts Center 520 South. G St., #A. Spring 2nds Sale, ceramics, fused glass, jewelry.
10) Garden Gate 905 H St. Sara Long, figurative paintings.
12) Humboldt Outfitters *860 G St. *Sheldon Chase, abstract and contemporary paintings.
13) Hunter Plaid Gallery & Studio* 90 Sunnybrae Center*. Kristin Clohessy, drawings, paintings, Potty Jokes & Other Symptons of Idiocy, Sam Kirby, mural installation and prints, Draw ‘Til Death, Space Cadet; Music by No Good Redwood Ramblers.
14) Jambalaya Restaurant *915 H St.* Live music and dancing.
15) Libation 761 8th St. Jay Brown, mixed media; Music by Duncan Burgess.
16) Live From New York Pizza *670 9th St.
17) Luke’s Joint 887 H St. Arcata High School Arts Institute, portraits.
18) Mazzotti’s *773 8th St. *William Twibell, nature prints.
19) Monument Setting *10th & O St. *George Bucquet, hot cast glass.
20) Moonrise Herbs 826 G St. Asja Daen Eckerston, mixed media. Music by Goodshield.
21) Moore’s Sleep World *876 G St. *Sanford Pyron, paintings.
22) Multiplicity Therapeutic Services Corner of 10th & G St. Kyle Ford, watercolor and ink.
23) Natural Selection 708 9th St.
24) New Image Salon Sunny Brae Center. Kay Bean, oil paintings.
25) North Coast Co-Op 811 I St.
26) Northcoast Environmental Center *791 8th St.*
28) North Soles Footwear 853 H St. Leslie Allen, watercolors.
29) Outdoor Store 737 G St. Amanda Lightfoot-Wright, mixed media.
30) Plaza Design *808 G St. *Peter Zambas, oil paintings; Music by Bayfield Children’s Quartet.
32) The Works 987 H St. Live DJ.
33) Upstairs Art Gallery 1063 G St.
Pattern, Form and Texture Indian Art fron Rajasthan; Joyce Plath, abstract paintings.
*34) US Bank 953 G St. North Coast Children Services, Walk of the Young Children, collective of art from local children.
35) Venatore Gallery 833 9th St.
36) Humboldt Arts Project *865 8th St.* Humboldt’s Finest Belly Dancers including the Fire & Isis Collective and the Ya Habibi Dance Company.
*These venues are open only during regular business hours.