Slideshows First Saturday Night Arts Alive!
Presented by US Bank and Eureka Main Street. Opening receptions for artists, exhibits and/or performances are held the first Saturday of each month. Phone 707-442-9054, for more information or to have an exhibit/performance included.
1. WORLD CUP 1626 F St. Robert Daugherty, black and white photographs; Burt Severy, sculpture art.
1a. F STREET CAFÉ 1630 F St. Jim McVicker, prints; Jeff Davis, photographs; Mike Stengl, watercolors.
2. THE INK PEOPLE CENTER FOR THE ARTS 411 12th St. Mask-I-Bition, juried show.
3. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda; swing music by Magnolia; William Thonson Gallery: Junque Arte Competition and Exhibition, selections made from 100% recycled materials; Homer Balabanis Gallery: selections from Morris Graves from the Humboldt Art Council Permanent Collection; Fermin Aguayo, paintings; Youth Gallery: Lida Penkova, paintings; Knight Gallery: Dreamworks artists, An Animator’s Avocation; Anderson Gallery: Selections from the Jacob and Gertrude Reicher Estate, Living with Art, from 1966 HAC fundraiser; Hobart Brown, Melvin Schuler, Floyd Bettiga, Curtis Otto, William Gropper, Kathe Kollwitz and Morris Graves; Annex Gallery: Claire Iris Schencke; Floyd Bettiga Gallery: landscapes selections from the Humboldt Arts Council Permanent Collection; Art in Motion Old Town and Downtown: one-of-a-kind artist mannequins on display in businesses. (Get a walking brochure from HAC.)
4. RYAN FRAY INSURANCE 537 7th and G sts. Representational Art League: Mary Anderson, Julia Bednar, Pat Cahill, Marj Early, Elsie Mendes, Michelle Murphy-Ferguson, Dolores Polm, Camille Regli, Yevonne Reynolds, Sara Starr, Susan Strope and Dolores Terry.
5. EUREKA CONCERT AND FILM CENTER 612 F St. 2nd Annual Play-in-a-Day 10 Minute Play Festival, plays that have been written, rehearsed and produced within 24 hours start at 7 p.m.
6. EUREKA OLD GLASS HOUSE AND ANTIQUES 604 F St. Eureka Soap Factory’s Gala, artistic designer soaps; live music.
7. PRAXIS 530 F St.
7a. OBENTO 517 F St. Sasha Lyth, paintings.
8. SACRED PALACE- BIKRAM YOGA - HUMBOLDT 516 5th St. Nu Roma wood panels with pointpens.
9. HUMBOLDT JIUJITSU GYM 718 5th St. Group show, Major Players.
10. EUREKA SPA 601 5th St. Sara Westfahl.
11. ARKLEY CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS 406 G St. Eureka Symphony, Trip to the British Isles.
12. PLAZA DESIGN 427 F St. Regina Case; music by ShinBone.
12a. NORTH COAST DANCE 426 F St. Music by pianist Ryan Gribidwell.
13. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 5th St. Eric Orvath.
14. SACRED BODIES PILATES 525 E St.
15. WACHOVIA SECURITIES/AG EDWARDS 318 5th St. Linda Parkinson.
16. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 5th St. Marsha Lee, floral paintings.
17. COCHRANE AND ASSOCIATES 402 E St. David Howell, landscape photographs.
18. EMPIRE SQUARED 47 W. 3rd St. Julianna Tong.
19. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY at the Studio 272 C St. Adam Wilson, Kelly Stanberry and Linda Turley, Beautiful Colors, Beautiful World.
20. ACCIDENT GALLERY 210 C St. Joanne Stephens, Dancing with the Dark; Nancy Tobin, Proliferaholic; music by DJ Bandon and DJ Shuz-N-Da-Dryer.
21. C STREET HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Jane Higgley, Kim Pinches, Curtis Otto, Peter Zambas, Matt Brody, Willie McCartney and Georgia Long.
22. RELFECTIONS 202 C St. Jo Pritchett, paintings.
23. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING GALLERY 139-B 2nd St. (at the Eagle House) Jackie Oshiro, Calm Reflections, watercolors.
24. STEVE AND DAVE’S 1st and C Sts. Music by Dr. Squid; John Harland, photographs.
24a. THE TREASURE TROVE 220 1st St. Rich Camillieri, nautical themed wall hangings, table décor, mobiles and wind chimes; meet Loleta, the baby alpaca.
25. CHAPALA CAFE 201 2nd St. Traditional Southwest artists’ prints.
26. GOOD RELATIONS 223 2nd St. Arcata Life Drawing Circle.
27. CONSIDERATIONS AT CONSIDER THE ALTERNATIVES 300 2nd St. WalkingAngelz, airbrush art by Heather Bruce.
28. ART OF WINE 308 2nd St. Ralphie Hendrix, Victoria Ryan and Faye Zierer, pastels.
29. CIARA’S IRISH SHOP 334 2nd St. Sara Westfahl, paintings.
29a. BREEZY BLUE BOUTIQUE 214 E St. Belly dancing.
30. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM 3rd and E sts. Exhibits on presidential politics, horses, Native American dance regalia and fantasy miniatures.
30a. OLARG Gallery 317 3rd St. Grand opening.
31. THE BEAD SHOPPE 418 3rd St. Lori Gladding.
32. ANNIE MAGNOLIA 424 3rd St. Bea Stanley, oils.
33. GAIA IMPORTS 426 3rd St. Tribal belly dancers with special guest gothic tribal dancer Marjhani from 7-9 p.m.
34. SHIPWRECK 430 3rd St. Skye Heston, Sempervirens, photographs; Lynne Gurnee, Simplicity Shrines.
35. THE RITZ TEPANYAKI 3rd and F sts. Suza Lambert.
36. CIN CIN ALL ITALIANA 201 3rd St. Richard Dunning.
36a. CLARKE PLAZA 3rd and E sts. Full Gospel Tabernacle Choir.
37. HUMBOLDT BAY KEEPER 211 E St. Randy Mayers, photographs; live music.
38. RAMONE’S 209 E St. Spooky Show, seasonal and Halloween themes; music by Hey Eleanor and the Monster Women.
39. BOOKLEGGER 402 2nd St. Art of the written word.
40. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 2nd St. Leslie Odelberg, El Dia de los Muertos in San Miguel de Allende, photographs.
41. BELLE STARR 405 2nd St. Matthew Flemming.
42. OLD TOWN SQUARE 2nd and F sts.
43. NORTH SOLES FOOTWEAR 417 2nd St. Ste. 102. Mallory Garcia, mixed media.
44. 1ST STREET GALLERY 422 1st St. HSU graphic design students, graphics of pro • pa • gan • da poster art.
44a. GRAYSTONE JEWELERS 1st and E sts. Alex Sepkus, jewelry.
44b. HEALTHSPORT 423 1st St. John Wesa.
45. SEA BREEZE CANDY AND TEE’S F St. Plaza.
45a. F STREET PLAZA
46a. VANITY 109 F St. Collection of Laura Dougherty.
46. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St. Barbara Macdonald, bird photographs.
47. BELLA BASKETS 412 2nd St. Sandy Popko, photographs; Kathleen Baker.
48. GEPPETTO’S 416 2nd St.
49. EUREKA BOOKS 426 2nd St. Antique Harpers Weekly engravings; Kevin Hoover, On This Day in Arcata, book signing.
49a. SHORELINES GALLERY 434 2nd St. Mystical Madness, jewelry.
50. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 2nd St. Lunel Haysmer, assemblages.
51. ALL UNDER HEAVEN 212 F St.
51a. TALISMAN 214 F St.
52a. MOON’S 218 F St.
52. SASAFRASS 226 F St. Julie Frith, Kinetic modern mobiles.
53. ALIROSE BOUTIQUE 228 F St. Amanda Elizabeth Woodward, watercolors.
54a. CLARK/ATKINS HEADQUARTERS 322 F St. Christina Swingdler, paintings; Brian Sneets, photographs; Annalisa McLaughlin, animal paintings; Elisabeth Swingdler, silk screens; Ezra Salstrom, abstracts; Charles McNally, photographs.
54. DOT AND DAUGHTER 311 F St.
55. REDWOOD ART ASSOCIATION 527 4th St. 50th Fall Exhibition, member show.
56. COCO AND CUVEE 531 3rd St. Amber Billings, photographs.
57. DISCOVERY MUSEUM 3rd and F sts.
58. AMERICAN INDIAN ART AND GIFT SHOP 241 F St. Cheryl Seidner.
59. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Member show.
60. BON BONIERE 215 F St. Christina Russ, photographs and portraits; music by the Sidekicks.
61. OLD TOWN COFFEE AND CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Randy McHone, abstract acrylics; music by Barrul Alexander.
62. NATURAL SELECTION/THE EMERALD CITY 203 F St. Michael Burton and Bob and Donna Sellers.
63. HOLLYGOLIGHTLY 514 2nd St. Susan Strope, Florals with an Attitude; hatboxes designed by local artists.
63a. OBERON GRILL 516 2nd St.
64. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St.
65. HURRICANE KATE’S 511 2nd St. Muir, Three Wedding Stories, photographs.
66. BLISS 527 2nd St. Bob and Donna Sellers, Reflections of the Feminine.
66a. SPA AT PERSONAL CHOICE 130 G St. Eldia Field, Paint Me Pink, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness.
67. HIMALYAN RUG TRADER 529 2nd St.
68. BUHNE ART STUDIOS 207 G St., 2nd Floor. Cory Calantropio, watercolors, sunsets, abstracts and prints; Studio 102: Karen Merry, watercolor and mixed media paintings and pen-and-ink works; The Artist’s Connection Studio 116: Pamela Reeder and Michelle Murphy-Ferguson.
69. HUMBOLDT CARPET SHOWROOM 2nd and G sts. Annie Bush and Andrew Daniel.
70. SUKI BOUTIQUE 612 2nd St. Gloria Miranda.
71. PIANTE GALLERY 620 2nd St. Randy Spicer, landscape paintings; Eric Fedjeland, watercolors; Tom Knight, photographs.
71a. BODY OF LIGHT 622 2nd St.
72. SMUG’S PIZZA 626 2nd St. Easter Seal’s Adult Day Program, sculpture.
73. AVALON 3rd and G sts.
74. FRONT PORCH at Lost Coast Brewery 615 4th St. New display.
75. STUDIO S 717 3rd St. Various artists, florals.
76. HAS BEANS 738 2nd St. Matt Brody, paintings.
76. BIGFOOT COMPUTERS AND PHOTOGRAPHS TOO... 905 3rd St. 15 minute Photoshop lessons on the hour; 8x10 photography contest.
77. ANTIQUES AND GOODIES 1128 3rd St. Dale, Virginia Sutherland, Elaine Gredassoff and Carey Hart, hats.