Slideshows First Saturday Night Arts Alive!
Presented by US Bank and Eureka Main Street. Opening receptions for artists, exhibits and/or performances are held the first Saturday of each month. Phone 707-442-9054, for more information or to have an exhibit/performance included.
1. WORLD CUP 1626 F St. Colleen Hole, Pastel and Ink, Birds and Nudes.
1a. F STREET CAFÉ 1630 F St. Laura White, paintings; Jeff Davis, photographs; Mike Stengl, watercolors.
2. THE INK PEOPLE CENTER FOR THE ARTS 411 12th St. Main Gallery: Dia de los Muertos, build your own altar commemorating loved ones who have passed on or contribute to the community altar; Brenda Gallery: Bob and Pam Service, Chinese and Mongolian photographs.
3. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at Morris Graves Museum of Art, 636 F St. Performance Rotunda Magnolia: Big Baddy Two Sues, traditional and folk music; Performance Rotunda Gallery: one-of-a-kind artist mannequins; William Thonson Gallery: Junque Arte Competition and Exhibition, made from 100% recycled materials; Homer Balabanis Gallery: Morris Graves, selections from the Humboldt Art Council Permanent Collection; Fermin Aguayo, paintings; Knight Gallery: An Animator’s Avocation, Dreamworks artists; Anderson Gallery: Hobart Brown, Melvin Schuler, Floyd Bettiga, Curtis Otto, William Gropper, Kathe Kollwitz and Morris Graves, Living With Art, selections from the Jacob and Gertrude Reicher Estate; 2nd Saturday Family Arts Day Gallery: gourd paintings.
4. EUREKA CONCERT AND FILM CENTER 612 F St.
5. EUREKA OLD GLASS HOUSE AND ANTIQUES 604 F St. Eureka Soap Factory’s Gala, artistic designer soaps; live music.
6. PRAXIS 530 F St.
7. OBENTO 517 F St. Sasha Lyth, paintings.
8. SACRED PALACE- BIKRAM YOGA - HUMBOLDT 516 5th St. Scott Sherman, ink brush watercolors; live drumming.
9. HUMBOLDT JIUJITSU GYM 718 5th St. Major Players, group show.
10. EUREKA SPA 601 5th St. Sara Westfahl.
11. ARKLEY CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS 406 G St. Music by Quente SambAmore.
12. PLAZA DESIGN 437 F St. Judy Evanson, watercolors.
12a. NORTH COAST DANCE Open rehearsal for The Nutcracker.
13. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 5th St. Eric Orvath.
14. SACRED BODIES PILATES 525 E St.
15. WACHOVIA SECURITIES/AG EDWARDS 318 5th St. Linda Parkinson, watercolors and acrylics.
16. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 5th St. Marsha Lee, floral paintings.
17. COCHRANE AND ASSOCIATES 402 E St. Barbara Pulliam and Werner Maneck, various media.
18. EMPIRE SQUARED 47 W. 3rd St. Group installation.
19. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY at the Studio 272 C St. Adam Wilson, Kelly Stanberry and Linda Turley, Beautiful colors, Beautiful World.
20. ACCIDENT GALLERY 210 C St. Britta Gudmunson, Death of Instant Gratification, Polaroid collective; music by the Cullen Miller Sextet.
21. C STREET HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Annalisa McLaughlin, Georgia Long, Matt Brody, and Michael Arneson.
22. RELFECTIONS 202 C St. Sara Westfahl, paintings.
23. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING GALLERY 139-B 2nd St. (at the Eagle House). Jan Werner, Quilting Through The Ages; music by harp duo Hearthfire.
24. STEVE AND DAVE’S 1st and C sts. Music by Dr. Squid; John Harland, photographs.
24a. THE TREASURE TROVE 220 1st St. Wild Rose Creations, carved emu eggs. See baby alpaca, Loleta, weather permitting.
25. CHAPALA CAFE 201 2nd St. Southwest prints.
25a. HUMBOLDT COUNTY GENERAL STORE 219 2nd St. Now open.
26. GOOD RELATIONS 223 2nd St. Jessie Wood of Community Women, Unmasked Voices, masks and paintings.
27. CONSIDERATIONS AT CONSIDER THE ALTERNATIVES 300 2nd St. Valeri Carmen, watercolors.
28. ART OF WINE 308 2nd St. Ralphie Hendrix, Victoria Ryan and Faye Zierer, pastels.
28a. NORTHCOAST KNITTERY 320 2nd St. #1A. Grand opening.
29. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 335 2nd St. Now open. Christine Sivert, watercolors.
30. CIARA’S IRISH SHOP 334 2nd St. Judy Willis, paintings.
30a. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM 3rd and E sts. Native American artists selling baskets, jewelry and other gifts. Exhibits on horses, Eureka schools, soup and miniatures.
30a. OLARG GALLERY 317 3rd St. Ann White, paintings; music by John King and Dogbone.
31. THE BEAD SHOPPE 418 3rd St. M. Marie Silver, jewelry.
32. ANNIE MAGNOLIA 424 3rd St. Bea Stanley, oils.
33. GAIA IMPORTS 426 3rd St. Tribal belly dancing by local troupes.
34. SHIPWRECK 430 3rd St. Local craftspeople and artisans.
35. THE RITZ TEPPANYAKI 3rd and F sts. Suza Lambert.
36. CIN CIN ALL ITALIANA 201 3rd St. Richard Dunning.
36a. CLARKE PLAZA 3rd and E sts. Music by Gospel Tabernacle Choir.
36b. CAFÉ NOONERS 409 Opera Alley. Ruth Jameson, plein air paintings.
37. HUMBOLDT BAYKEEPER 211 E St. Randy Mayers, photographs; live music.
38. RAMONE’S 209 E St. OLLI class “Photo 101: Beyond Snapshots.” Selected student photographs.
39. BOOKLEGGER 402 2nd St. Art of the written word.
40. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 2nd St. Leslie Odelberg, El Dia de los Muertos in San Miguel de Allende, photographs.
41. BELLE STARR 405 2nd St.
42. OLD TOWN SQUARE 2nd and F sts.
43. NORTH SOLES FOOTWEAR 417 2nd St. Ste. 102. Verne Litscke, photographs.
44. 1ST STREET GALLERY 422 1st St. HSU graphic design students, pro pa gan da, poster art; 3-D Alumni metal smiths, jewelers and sculptors: Erin House, Anthony Johnson, Brianna Kochick, Sierra Pahl, Lia Sharp and Jon Lyn McCallum.
44a. GRAYSTONE JEWELERS 1st and E sts. Kretchmer Designs, tension-set rings and “Polarium.”
44b. HEALTHSPORT BY THE BAY 423 1st St. Saundra Kamman, watercolors and landscapes.
45. SEA BREEZE CANDY AND TEE’S F St. Plaza.
45a. F STREET PLAZA
46a. VANITY 109 F St. Carl Muecke, wall sculptures.
46. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St. Paula Anderson, watercolors.
47. BELLA BASKETS 412 2nd St. Sandy Popko, photographs; Kathleen Baker; food demos by Diane’s Sweet Heat.
48. GEPPETTO’S 416 2nd St. Toys, cards and gifts.
49. EUREKA BOOKS 426 2nd St. Peggy Irvine, apple drawings; apple tasting from local farmers.
49a. SHORELINES GALLERY 434 2nd St.
50. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 2nd St. Lunel Haysmer, assemblages.
51. ALL UNDER HEAVEN 212 F St.
51a. TALISMAN 214 F St.
52a. MOON’S 218 F St.
52. SASAFRASS 226 F St. Julie Frith, Kinetic modern mobiles.
53. ALIROSE BOUTIQUE 228 F St. Amanda Elizabeth Woodward, watercolors.
54. CLARK/ATKINS HEADQUARTERS 322 F St. Christina Swingdler, paintings; Brian Sneets, photographs; Annalisa McLaughlin, animal paintings; Elisabeth Swingdler, silk screens; Ezra Salstrom, abstracts; Charles McNally, photographs.
55. DOT AND DAUGHTER 311 F St.
56. COCO AND CUVEE 531 3rd St. Amber Billings, photographs.
57. DISCOVERY MUSEUM 3rd and F sts.
58. AMERICAN INDIAN ART AND GIFT SHOP 241 F St. Dawn Woodman, beadworks and crocheted.
59. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Nelson, New Zealand show.
60. BON BONIERE 215 F St. Jessica Martinez and Crystal Macias, digital photographs of volunteer experience in Capetown, South Africa; music by Dale Winget.
61. OLD TOWN COFFEE AND CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Russel Brown, photographs; music by Spud Gun.
62. NATURAL SELECTION AND THE EMERALD CITY 203 F St. Michael Burton and Bob and Donna Sellers.
63. HOLLYGOLIGHTLY 514 2nd St. Representational Art League.
63a. OBERON GRILL 516 2nd St.
64. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St.
65. HURRICANE KATE’S 511 2nd St. Muir, Three Wedding Stories, photographs.
66. BLISS 527 2nd St. Bob and Donna Sellers.
66a. SPA AT PERSONAL CHOICE 130 G St. Eldia Field, Paint Me Pink, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness.
67. HIMALAYAN RUG TRADER 529 2nd St.
68. BUHNE ART STUDIOS 207 G St., 2nd Floor. Studio 102: Karen Merry, watercolor and mixed-media paintings and pen-and-ink works; The Artist’s Connection Studio 116: Pamela Reeder and Michelle Murphy-Ferguson; Studio 202: H. R. LoBue, Riveted, photographs.
69. HUMBOLDT CARPET SHOWROOM 2nd and G sts. Annie Reed, When My Father Returned From War, drawings; Aaron Nutting and David White.
70. SUKI BOUTIQUE 612 2nd St. Rob Vandivelt.
71. PIANTE GALLERY 620 2nd St. Daniel Southard, To Become Light, photographs; Carol Anderson, Reconciliation; Victoria Viramontes, paintings.
71a. BODY OF LIGHT 622 2nd St. Hand massage.
72. SMUG’S PIZZA 626 2nd St. Desiree.
73. AVALON 3rd and G sts.
74. FRONT PORCH at Lost Coast Brewery 615 4th St. New stuff.
75. STUDIO S 717 3rd St. The Best of, paintings by 25 local artists.
76. HAS BEANS 738 2nd St. Matt Brody, paintings.
76. BIGFOOT COMPUTERS AND PHOTOGRAPHS TOO... 905 3rd St. 15 minute Photoshop Lessons on the hour; bring in your 8x10 photographs to enter a contest to win prizes.