Slideshows First Saturday Night Arts Alive!
Presented by USBank, with Eureka Main Street and the Humboldt Arts Council. Opening receptions for artists, exhibits and/or performances are held the first Saturday of each month. Phone 707-442-9054, for more information or to have an exhibit/performance included. aweurekatoday.blogspot.com
AA. LINDA MITCHELL OPEN STUDIO 909 E St. Open Studio and Sale from noon-9 p.m.
1. WORLD CUP 1626 F St. Jennifer Eichstedt.
1a. F ST. CAFÉ 1630 F St. Laura White, paintings; Jeff Davis photographs; Mike Stengl, watercolors.
2. THE INK PEOPLE CENTER FOR THE ARTS 411 12th St. Synapsis’ 3rd Annual Group Show.
3. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda: Celtic music by Good Company; William Thonson Gallery: Susan Needham, Joyce Jonte and Suza Lambert, Hues of Emotion, figurative works; Homer Balabanis Gallery: Morris Graves: Selections from the Humboldt Art Council Permanent Collection and C.T. Wilson Redwood Tree painting; Knight Gallery: Mary K. Connelly, Topophilia (love of place), paintings of room interiors; Anderson Gallery: Suzanne Onodera, From the Landscape of Memory, paintings; Mel Schuler Sculpture Garden: The Jan Milstead Collection: The Pacific Rim Sculptor’s Group Gift to the City of Eureka; Floyd Bettiga Gallery: Arleen Olson, images from Humboldt Wild; Second Saturday Family Arts Day Gallery: Scenes from Benin, photographs.
4. EUREKA CONCERT AND FILM CENTER 612 F St.
5. EUREKA OLD GLASS HOUSE and ANTIQUES 604 F St. Susan Sicard, handcrafted beeswax ornaments; Stephanie Bishop, handcrafted jewelry; Helen Thompson, hand-painted oysters with wall hangers and magnets.
6. PRAXIS 530 F St. Dodie Hamilton-Brandon, Art In Motion, watercolors.
6a. DALIANES TRAVEL 528 F St. Shawn Griggs, travel-inspired works.
7. SWANLUND’S 527 F St. Redwood Camera Club of Eureka’s juried photography exhibition.
7a. OBENTO 517 F St. The Heiffer Project.
8. SACRED PALACE-BIKRAM YOGA - HUMBOLDT 516 5th St.
9. HUMBOLDT TATTOO 710 5th St. Derek Adams, Jackalopes Running, media, tattooing and fine art.
10. EUREKA SPA 601 5th St.
10a. ARKLEY CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS 412 G St. Gary Todoroff, Swazi Land Adventure.
11. PLAZA DESIGN 427 F St. Augustus Clark; music by Catherine Feeney.
12. NORTH COAST DANCE 426 F St. Open rehearsals from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
12a. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering, 401 5th St. Justin Love, mixed media.
13. WACHOVIA SECURITIES/AG EDWARDS 318 5th St. Garland St. Studio, Barbara Pulliam instructor, and artists.
14. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 5th St. Marsha Lee, photographs.
15. COCHRANE AND ASSOCIATES 402 E St. Eric Fidjeland.
16. EMPIRE SQUARED 47 W. 3rd St. Art2E2, robot show.
17. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY at the Studio 272 C St. Elizabeth Guynn, Jerry Spaulding and Ken Waldvogel, Muchos Colores y Formas.
17a. ACCIDENT GALLERY 210 C St. Claire Joyce, glitter paintings.
18. C ST. HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Lost Coast Daily Painters: Jim McVicker, Terry Oats, Steve Porter, John Crater, Curtis Otto, Kathy O’Leary, Stock Schlueter, Tom Klapproth and Augustus Clark.
19. REFLECTIONS 202 C St. Christine W. Burwell, Captured Moments, photographs.
20. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING GALLERY 139-B 2nd St. (at the Eagle House). Text as Texture, and Other Works; piano music from 6-7 p.m. by students of Six Rivers Charter High School; Renaissance music by ensemble VRRKAA from 7-9 p.m.
21. STEVE AND DAVE’S 1st and C sts. Music by Dr. Squid; John Harland, photographs.
22 THE TREASURE TROVE 220 1st St. Gretta, Kojo Bug Creations, Day of the Dead; drawing at 8 p.m., must be present to win.
23. CHAPALA CAFE 201 2nd St. Southwest artists’ prints.
24. HUMBOLDT COUNTY GENERAL STORE 219 2nd St. Daniel Solomon, photographs.
25. GOOD RELATIONS 223 2nd St. Melitta Jackson, acrylic nudes on wood.
26. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 2nd St. Campbell Shepard Williams, Fairies and Elementals, paintings.
26. ART OF WINE 308 2nd St. Alicia Tredway, Peter Zambas, Mike Stengl, Victoria Ryan, Paul Fabian and Annie Bush.
27. NORTHCOAST KNITTERY 320 2nd St. Be Sweet.
28. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 2nd St. Adele Creell, acrylic paintings; Milie Quam, bead jewelry; Mary Ann Swan, pin art.
29. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM 3rd and E sts. Exhibits on lighting fixtures and logging photos; Lillian Johnston, baskets.
30. THE BEAD SHOPPE 418 3rd St. Handmade jewelry and stained glass.
31. GAIA IMPORTS 426 3rd St. Fusion Belly Dance.
32. SHIPWRECK 430 3rd St. Rochelle Fugate, Endearing Sentiments by Shipwreck!
33. THE RITZ TEPANYAKI 3rd and F sts. Suza Lambert.
34. CIN CIN ALL ITALIANA 201 3rd St. Richard Dunning.
35. CAFÉ NOONER 409 Opera Alley. Jeff Langdon, analog photography.
36. HUMBOLDT BAY KEEPER 211 E St. Bryce Gray, linen and paper.
37. RAMONE’S 209 E St. Arcata Art Institute’s Annual Figure Drawing Show; music by the Arcata Institute Band.
38. BOOKLEGGER 402 2nd St. Art of the written word.
39. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 2nd St. Pedro Cruz Pacheco, watercolors.
40. BELLE STARR 405 2nd St. Diane Williams, digital art and photographs.
41. MAD RIVER BIOLOGISTS 417 2nd St. (upstairs). Ron LeValley, photographs; Mark Morrissette, bird art; Chelsey Van Scyok, porcelain ceramics; music by Kindred Spirits and Singing Nettles.
41a. NORTH SOLES FOOTWEAR 417 2nd St. Ste. 102. Mattole Triple Junction High School, ceramic wall art.
41b. OLD TOWN SQUARE 2nd and F sts. Redwood Coast Music Festivals volunteer fair.
42. HSU 1ST ST. GALLERY 422 1st St. Karen Sullivan, Not What It Seems, paintings and mixed media works; Cecilia Paredes, Animal of My Time, photographs and sculptures.
43. HEALTHSPORT BY THE BAY 423 1st St. Folk music by The Feebies; Eureka Photoshop Users Group members Chuck Thissell and Eldin Noff.
44. SEA BREEZE CANDY AND TEE’S F St.
45. VANITY 109 F St. Jules Johnson, Botanical Exploration, watercolors and collage.
45a. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St. Leslie and Mike Anderson, photographs.
45b. ANDREA RALPH ACCOUNTING SERVICES 123 F St. Ste. A. Erin Austin, Erin House, Elizabeth Lipsky, Lindsay Behr, Lia Sharp and Sarah Bonser, metal works.
46. HUMBOLDT ACUPUNCTURE 123 F St. Ste. F. Oriental art and acupuncture demos.
47. BELLA BASKETS 412 2nd St. Glenda Hicks, paintings; Sandy Popco, photographs; Colinda Guiterrez, ceramics; Tiffany Brogdon, jewelry; food demonstrations by Boehm’s Café Specialty Foods.
48. EUREKA BOOKS 426 2nd St. Augustus Clark, I’ve Made It This Far, art books.
49. SHORELINES GALLERY 434 2nd St. Rick Satava, glass jellyfish.
50. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 2nd St. Lunel Haysmer, assemblages; new series of strange angels and art dolls.
51. ALL UNDER HEAVEN 212 F St. Augustus Clark, acrylic paintings.
52. TALISMAN 214 F St. Back From Tucson Bead Show.
53. MOON’S 218 F St. Strongbridge Montessori School.
54. SASAFRASS 226 F St. Julie Frith, Kinetic modern mobiles.
55. ALIROSE BOUTIQUE 228 F St. Amanda Elizabeth Woodward, watercolors.
56. DOT AND DAUGHTER 311 F St.
57. CODY PETIT GALLERY 527 4th St. Clothing display from the 1930s; local and old arts and oils paintings.
58. COCO AND CUVEE 531 3rd St. Amber Billings, photographs.
59. DISCOVERY MUSEUM 3rd and F sts. Kids’ Alive, call 442-9694 for reservations.
60. AMERICAN INDIAN ART AND GIFT SHOP 241 F St. Trinidad Goodshield, Lakota musician.
61. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Sara Westfahl.
62. BON BONIERE 215 F St. Nicole Lescher, watercolors, pastels, acrylics and other mediums; music by Dale Winget.
63. OLD TOWN COFFEE AND CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Maureen Fitzgerald, photographs of women from around the world; music by the Jim Lahman Band.
64. NATURAL SELECTION AND THE EMERALD CITY 203 F St. Bob and Donna Sellers.
65. HOLLYGOLIGHTLY 514 2nd St. Susan Strope, seascapes.
66. OBERON GRILL 516 2nd St.
67. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St.
68. HURRICANE KATE’S 511 2nd St. Cynthia Brando, collages, photographs and paintings; Bjorn Lundeen, paintings of landscapes and portraits.
69. BLISS 527 2nd St. Bob and Donna Sellers.
70. HIMALAYAN RUG TRADER 529 2nd St. Lorna Brown, rugs; music by The Anna Hamilton Trio.
71. BUHNE ART STUDIOS 207 G St., 2nd Floor. Studio 102: Karen Merry, watercolor and mixed-media paintings and pen-and-ink works; Studio 202: HR LoBue, photographs and Tazam; The Artist’s Connection Studio 116: Pamela Reeder and Michelle Murphy-Ferguson.
72. HUMBOLDT CARPET SHOWROOM 2nd and G sts. Rachel Schlueter, Train to Denver, Fast and Loose, paintings; Tony Machado, Seasonal Adjustment; Andre Daniel, floral and landscape studies; Shoshana Bernie, acrylic marble works.
73. SUKI BOUTIQUE 612 2nd St. Jeff Cross, acrylics on canvas.
73a. PIANTE GALLERY 620 2nd St. Willa Briggs, Micki Flatmo and Cynthia Hopper, paintings.
74. BODY OF LIGHT 622 2nd St. Hand massage.
75. SMUG’S PIZZA 626 2nd St. Patricia.
75a. CLOUD 9 STUDIO 634 2nd St. AnnaLisa McLaughlin, paintings in acrylic.
76. AVALON 3rd and G sts.
77. FRONT PORCH at Lost Coast Brewery 615 4th St.
78. STUDIO S 717 3rd St. Yevonne Reynolds, paintings; local artists, landscapes.
79. HAS BEANS 738 2nd St. Kate Bopp, scavenger collage exploring spirituality and human rights; acoustic open mic.
80. BIGFOOT COMPUTERS AND PHOTOGRAPHY TOO… 905 3rd St. Jim Davis, woodcarving demos.
81. ANTIQUES AND GOODIES 1128 3rd St. Kathleen Bechler, fiber arts; Dale Lee, hats.
82. LOOKING GLASS HOUSE RESTAURANT AND BAR 1436 2nd St. (2nd and P sts.) The Wonderful, Colorful, Folksy World of Joy Dellas, paintings. (Venue not on map.)