Slideshow: First Saturday Night Arts Alive!
First Saturday Night Arts Alive! is proudly presented by USBank, with Eureka Main Street and the Humboldt Arts Council. Opening receptions for artists, exhibits and/or performances are April 4 from 6-9 p.m. Phone 442-9054, for more information or to have an exhibit/performance included. http://aweurekatoday.blogspot.com/
1. WORLD CUP 1626 F St. Anne Christensen.
1a. F ST. CAFÉ 1630 F St.
2. THE INK PEOPLE CENTER FOR THE ARTS 411 12th St. Fabrications, 3-D Art assemblages.
3. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda: jazz music by the Brian Post and Shao Way Wu Duo; William Thonson Gallery: Redwood Art Association annual juried spring exhibition; Homer Balabanis Gallery: Morris Graves, selections from the Humboldt Art Council Permanent Collection; C.T. Wilson redwood tree painting; Knight Gallery: selections from the Humboldt Arts Council Permanent Collection; Anderson Gallery: Sondra Schwetman Systematic Privilege; Mel Schuler Sculpture Garden: The Jan Milstead Collection; The Pacific Rim Sculptor’s Group’s Gift to the City of Eureka; Floyd Bettiga Gallery: Jody Dunphy, Inherently Sacred, mixed media prints; Youth Gallery: Humboldt Arts Council’s Art Education Programs; 2nd Saturday Family Arts Day Gallery: Scenes from Benin, photographs.
4. EUREKA CONCERT AND FILM CENTER 612 F St.
5. EUREKA OLD GLASS HOUSE AND ANTIQUES 604 F St. Artisans Faire: Stephanie Bishop, handcrafted jewelry.
6. PRAXIS 530 F St. Dodie Hamilton-Brandon, Art In Motion, watercolors.
7. SWANLUND’S 527 F St. Redwood Camera Club members: Karen Wehrstein, Meghan McKenzie, Betty Fowler, Sharon Falk-Carlsen, Jeanne Scranton, Harvey Raider, John Lynch, Vic LaBolle, John Becker, Don Mahler, Matt Niesen, Diane Williams, Owen Gailar, Jack Hopkins, David Pal, Mariam Pal, Murline Georgeson, Pam Cone, Steve Coach and Dave Van de Mark.
7a. OBENTO 517 F St. The Heiffer Project.
8. SACRED PALACE- BIKRAM YOGA - HUMBOLDT 516 5th St. Eight year anniversary; Augustus Clark, acrylic paintings based on Yoga postures; Improv Acting with Damion Sharpe.
9. HUMBOLDT TATTOO 710 5th St. Derek Adams, Jackalolpes Running, media, tattooing and fine art.
10. EUREKA SPA 601 5th St.
10a. ARKLEY CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS 412 G St. Eureka Symphony. $16.
11. PLAZA DESIGN 427 F St. Patricia Sennott; music by Blue Lots Jazz.
12. INDAH BALI 440 F St. Grand opening. Music by Gamelan Sekar Sequoia; Loryn White, Thomas Fossier, Joyce Jonte, Barbara Wright, Betsy Roberts and Holly Garbutt.
12a. NORTH COAST DANCE 426 F St. White Swan Pas de Deux. Two shows at 8 and 8:45 p.m.
12b. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 5th St. Brian D. Tripp, Some New Friends, Some Old Friends, paintings and sculptures.
12c. HUMBOLDT CPR 407 5th St. Elden Knauf and Chuck Thissell, photographs of native birds with other indigenous wildlife.
13. WACHOVIA SECURITIES/AG EDWARDS 318 5th St. Jackie Oshiro, watercolors; Donna Bush, water scenes and watercolors.
14. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 5th St. Maureen Fitzgerald, photos of international travels.
15. COCHRANE AND ASSOCIATES 402 E St. Eric Fidjeland.
16. EMPIRE SQUARED 47 W. 3rd St. Group show, Good vs Evil.
17. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY at the Studio 272 C St. Elizabeth Guynn, Jerry Spaulding and Ken Waldvogel, Muchos Colores y Formas.
17a. ACCIDENT GALLERY 210 C St. John Hylton, Observatory Station.
18. C ST. HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Annie Bush, Ashley Foreman, Shoshana, Kath O’Leary, Tom Klapproth, Curtis Otto, Eric Furman, Phyllis Barba and Augustus Clark.
19. REFLECTIONS 202 C St. Erica Botkin, photographs.
19a. LIVELLA 120 2nd St. Grand opening. Christina Swingdler, paintings; music by the Jim Lahman Trio.
20. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING GALLERY 139-B 2nd St. (at the Eagle House) Libby George, The Neighborhood Series, pastels and prints.
21. STEVE AND DAVE’S 1st and C sts. Music by Dr. Squid; John Harland, photographs.
22. THE TREASURE TROVE 220 1st St. Mariana Krattiger, paintings, watercolors, acrylic and pencil.
23. CHAPALA CAFE 201 2nd St. Southwest artists’ prints.
24. HUMBOLDT COUNTY GENERAL STORE 219 2nd St. Jennifer Graham, Polaroid prints.
25. GOOD RELATIONS 223 2nd St. Arcata Arts Institute students and Haley van Gemert, figure work.
26. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 2nd St. Cammy Williams, Fairies and Elementals, oil paintings; acoustic South American music.
26. ART OF WINE 308 2nd St. Alicia Tredway, Peter Zambas, Mike Stengl, Victoria Ryan, Paul Fabian and Annie Bush.
27. NORTHCOAST KNITTERY 320 2nd St. Nino Rakichevich, Colors of Time, photos on canvas.
28. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 2nd St. Christine Siverts, watercolors; Cara Rider, mosaics; Jim Cernohlavek, pottery; Denie Debets, glass fusing.
29. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM 3rd and E sts. Exhibits on lumber photographs and lighting fixtures; special exhibit and sale of pineneedle baskets by local Wiyot artist Lillie Johnston.
30. THE BEAD SHOPPE 418 3rd St. Handmade jewelry and wall art.
31. GAIA IMPORTS 426 3rd St. Belly dancing and other guests.
32. SHIPWRECK 430 3rd St. Wren Ludwig, collages and paintings.
33. THE RITZ TEPANYAKI 3rd and F sts. Suza Lambert.
34. CIN CIN ALL ITALIANA 201 3rd St. Richard Dunning.
35. CAFÉ NOONERS 409 Opera Alley. Rob Graves, photographs.
36. HUMBOLDT BAY KEEPER 211 E St. 2nd Annual Local Photographs Contest of Humboldt Bay; music by The Falling Rocks.
37. RAMONE’S 209 E St. Arcata Art Institute Painting Class; folk-style music by Chastity Revival.
38. BOOKLEGGER 402 2nd St. Art of the written word.
39. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 2nd St. William Prescott, photographs; Emily Maxwell, mixed-media; Arnold King, travel photographs.
40. BELLE STARR 405 2nd St. Ruth Canaway, Old and New Works 2, retrospective.
40a. EASTER SEALS 417 2nd St. Watch the 2009 Easter Seals Telethon on a big screen TV; music by North Coast Idols singers; Humboldt County’s Dairy Princess serves Humboldt Creamery ice cream to raise money for Easter Seals.
41. MAD RIVER BIOLOGISTS 417 2nd St. (upstairs) Ron LaValley, wildlife photographs; Mark Morrissette, ceramic sculpture; Chelsey Van Scyok, porcelain ceramics; music by the Singing Nettles.
41a. NORTH SOLES FOOTWEAR 417 2nd St. Suite 102 Jennifer Varney, photographs.
41b. OLD TOWN SQUARE 2nd and F sts. CASA promotes their organization.
42. HSU 1ST ST. GALLERY 422 1st St. Sandow Birk, The Depravities of War, monumental woodcuts; HSU 1st Street Gallery Printmakers Show.
43. HEALTHSPORT BY THE BAY 423 1st St. David Baer, photos from Africa.
44. SEA BREEZE CANDY AND TEE’S F St. Plaza.
45. VANITY 109 F St. Jules Johnson, botanical exploration in watercolors and collage.
45a. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St. Chris Tuite, photographs.
45b. ANDREA RALPH ACCOUNTING SERVICES 123 F St. Ste. John Lopez of Carl Hanes tattoo parlor, paintings.
46. HUMBOLDT ACUPUNCTURE 123 F St. Ste. F. Dorje Kirsten, practicing the ancient Japanese tradition of single stroke serpent calligraphy.
47. BELLA BASKETS 412 2nd St. Glenda Hicks, paintings; Carl Baggett, photographs; Colinda Guiterrez, ceramics; Tiffany Brogdon, jewelry; The Glass Station, blown glass; food demonstrations.
48. EUREKA BOOKS 426 2nd St. 1903 lithographs of North American birds, bird art and books in honor of Godwit Days.
49. SHORELINES GALLERY 434 2nd St. Soul Glass, octopi and rainbow trout; Bob and Donna Sellers, Old Town and Bay series.
50. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 2nd St. Lunel Haysmer, Strange Angels, dolls that have been re-worked.
51. ALL UNDER HEAVEN 212 F St. Augustus Clark, acrylic paintings.
52. TALISMAN 214 F St. Back from Tucson Bead Show.
53. MOON’S 218 F St. Strongbridge Montessori School.
54. SASAFRASS 226 F St. Julie Frith, Kinetic modern mobiles.
55. ALIROSE BOUTIQUE 228 F St. Amanda Elizabeth Woodward, watercolors.
56. DOT and DAUGHTER 311 F St.
57. CODY PETIT GALLERY 527 4th St. Clothing display from the 1930’s; local and old arts and oils paintings.
58. COCO AND CUVEE 531 3rd St. Amber Billings, photographs.
59. DISCOVERY MUSEUM 3rd and F sts. Kids’ Alive, call for reservations. 442-9694.
60. AMERICAN INDIAN ART AND GIFT SHOP 241 F St. Frank Surber and Tashina Henry, etched Yurok glass and bead work.
61. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Humboldt Wood Workers Guild.
62. BON BONIERE 215 F St. Genevieve Minahan (1892-1988), Paint with Thread; music by Dale Winget.
63. OLD TOWN COFFEE AND CHOCOLATES 211 F St. American acoustic music by Jerry Cottrell; Alder Bay and Lafayette School, intergenerational art.
64. NATURAL SELECTION AND THE EMERALD CITY 203 F St. Bob and Donna Sellers.
65. HOLLYGOLIGHTLY 514 2nd St. Yvonne Reynolds and Susan Strope, paintings of In The Garden.
66. OBERON GRILL 516 2nd St.
67. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St.
68. HURRICANE KATE'S 511 2nd St. Cynthia Brando, collages, paintings and photographs; Bjorn Lundeen, paintings.
69. BLISS 527 2nd St.. Bob and Donna Sellers, Feminine.
70. HIMALYAN RUG TRADER 529 2nd St. Music by The Anna Hamilton Trio.
71. BUHNE ART STUDIOS 207 G St., 2nd Floor. Studio 102: Karen Merry, watercolor and mixed-media paintings and pen-and-ink works; Studio 202: HR LoBue, photographs and Tazam; The Artist’s Connection Studio 116: Pamela Reeder and Michelle Murphy-Ferguson.
72. HUMBOLDT CARPET SHOWROOM 2nd and G sts. Gretchen/Luke Show; Tony Machado, Swimsuit Exhibition; Andrew Daniel, Spring Has Sprung.
73. SUKI BOUTIQUE 612 2nd St. Jeff Cross, acrylic on canvas.
73a. PIANTE GALLERY 620 2nd St. Joan Katri, Julie Clark and Kay Harden.
74. BODY OF LIGHT 622 2nd St. Hand massage.
75. SMUG'S PIZZA 626 2nd St. Rick.
75a. CLOUD 9 STUDIO 634 2nd St. AnnaLisa McLaughlin, animal celebration paintings in acrylic.
76. AVALON 3rd and G sts.
77. UPSTAIRS ABOVE THE LOST COAST BREWERY 615 4th St. Ken and June Moxon.
78. STUDIO S 717 3rd St. Representational Art League.
79. HAS BEANS 738 2nd St. Kate Bopp, scavenger collage exploring spirituality and human right; acoustic open mic,
80. BIGFOOT COMPUTERS AND PHOTOGRAPHS TOO… 905 3rd St. Miscellaneous artists.
81. ANTIQUES AND GOODIES 1128 3rd St. Kathleen Bechler, fiber arts; Dale Lee, hats.