Slideshows First Saturday Night Arts Alive!
First Saturday Night Arts Alive! Is proudly presented by USBank, with Eureka Main Street and the Humboldt Arts Council Opening receptions for artists, exhibits, and/or performances March 6 6-9 p.m. Phone 707-442-9054, for more information.
1. WORLD CUP 1626 F St. Georgia Long, Split Vision, paintings; music by DJ Kissyface.
2. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda: Scatter the Mud; Rotunda Gallery: David Groth, myrtlewood sculptures; William Thonson Gallery: Redwood Art Association; Homer Balabanis Gallery: Morris Graves and selections from the Humboldt Arts Council Permanent Collection; Knight Gallery: Selections from the HAC Permanent Collection; Anderson Gallery David Lochtie: Humboldt Line, Humboldt Shape, oil, ink and watercolor; Youth Gallery: Ojos de Oaxaca: The Oaxaca Teen Project; Second Saturday Family Arts Day Gallery: Tessellations, children’s art.
3. EUREKA CONCERT AND FILM CENTER 612 F St.
4. EUREKA OLD GLASS HOUSE & ANTIQUES/EUREKA SOAP FACTORY 604 F St. Donna Sellars, hand crafted soaps from Eureka Soap Factory.
5. DALIANES TRAVEL 522 F St. Sarah Marina, It Might Have Been, still life in oils.
6. SACRED PALACE BOUTIQUE – BIKRAM YOGA – HUMBOLDT BRANCH 516 Fifth St. Angelina Lasko and Katie, digital photography, nature and mushroom; DJ music.
7. OASIS 520 Fifth St. Jade Rathmann, photographs from al Arabbiya.
8. KATHLEEN BRYSON LAW OFFICES 702 Fifth St. Edie List, watercolors; Ricky Cross, oils and porcelain; Janie Clark, oils and watercolors; live music by MC Bruce.
9. PLAZA DESIGN 427 F St. Scott Sween, paintings; jazz by Anthony Mankins and Friends.
10. NORTH COAST DANCE 426 F St. Open rehearsals for Dancing Around the World.
10a. INDAH BALI 440 F St. Betsy Roberts, Joyce Jonte, Barbara Wright and Thomas Fossier. Music by Good Company.
10b. SURFSIDE BURGER BAR 445 Fifth St. Music by John David Young Trio.
10c. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 Fifth St. Danny Furlong.
11. WELLS FARGO ADVISORS 318 Fifth St. Karen Merry, watercolor paintings and pen and ink renderings.
12. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. Fortuna Camera Club, photographs.
13. EMPIRE SQUARED 47 W. Third St. The Collaborative Show.
14. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY at the Studio 272 C St. Fun Exciting Aliens, a collaborative installation between Studio artists and artist Reuben Sorensen.
14a. ACCIDENT GALLERY 210 C St. Natalie Craig, Shelter, digital collages on paper; local Collective Art Show.
15. HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Studio artists, plus guest artists Marceau Verdiere, Shanon Korb, Curtis Otto, David Hodes.
16. MANTOVA’S TWO STREET MUSIC 124 Second St. Live music.
16a. LIVELLA STUDIOS (Music Recording Studio/Art Gallery) 120 Second St. Francene Lockett, mixed media paintings.
17. STEVE AND DAVE’S First and C Sts. Music by Dr. Squid; John Harland, photographs.
18. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Traditional Southwest artists’ prints.
18a. HUMBOLDT COUNTY GENERAL STORE 219 Second St. Bryant Taylor, mixed media.
18b. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. DeVon Dragon, b&w/sepia photographs, The Vintage Boudoir.
19. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Natalie Craig, figure drawings in mixed media; acoustic guitar by Joshua Masada; Herbalist & aromatherapist Mindy Green signs her Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art.
20. ART OF WINE 308 Second St. Group of Ten, paintings & sculpture.
21. NORTHCOAST KNITTERY 320 Second St. Chrystyna McMinn, ceramics.
21a. CIARA’S IRISH SHOP 334 Second St. Paul Dixon, photos of Ireland.
22. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. Amy Simons, chain mail jewelry and soy candles; Millie Quam, bead jewelry; John Houston, photographs.
23. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM Third and E St. Exhibits on weddings and the museum’s 50th birthday join ongoing exhibits on Humboldt history, period rooms, and local Native American culture; live music.
23a. 321 GALLEGOS 321 Third St. Grand opening of our campaign headquarters. Local artists, live music, and refreshments.
24. GAIA IMPORTS 426 Third St. Belly dancing.
24a. SHIPWRECK AND YARN 430 Third St. Creative Reuse Challenge.
25. CLARKE PLAZA Third and E Sts. MARZ Project Youth Jam Van.
26. CAFÉ NOONERS 409 Opera Alley. Stencil artwork pieces from Arcata Art Institute.
27. HUMBOLDT BAY KEEPER 211 E St. Susan Cooper, oil paintings. Bluegrass by Clean Livin’.
28. RAMONE’S 209 E St. Maureen Fitzgerald, Women’s Photos; music with John Ludington, Chris Parreira, Dean Haakenson, Colin Begel.
29. BOOKLEGGER 402 Second St.
30. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. Shawn Griggs, paintings.
30a. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Sonia Orban, acrylics.
30b. NORTH SOLES 417 Second St. Richard Frances, redwood small pieces.
30c. REFLECTIONS GALLERY 417 Second St. Becky Saucedo, fabric art; Craig Michael Anthony, paintings; harp and flute by Lonni.
31. OLD TOWN SQUARE Second and F Sts. MARZ Project Dance and Drum in Humboldt, 7:30-8:30.
31a.. SISTERFRIENDSJEANS 108 F St.
32. HSU FIRST STREET GALLERY 422 First St. Brian Sproul.
33. SEA BREEZE CANDY AND TEE’S F St. Plaza. Vintage arcade games.
34. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St.
35. BELLA BASKETS 412 Second St. Kathryn Hedges, local Botanical photographs; food demos.
36. EUREKA FABRICS 420 Second St. Kathryne DeLorme, Mystic Fares Masks.
36a. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St. Jim McVicker, Kathy O’Leary, Linda Mitchell, Alicia Tredway, Stock Schlueter, and Ward Mengel, pulp mill art show, photographs and paintings.
36c. SHORELINES GALLERY 434 Second St. Yardbirds, metal art.
37. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 Second St. Over 30 local artists.
38. ALL UNDER HEAVEN 212 F St. Gus Clark, Golden SkyBird Show.
38a. TALISMAN BEADS 214 F St.
39. MOON’S PLAY AND LEARN 218 F St. Alder Grove Charter School artwork.
39a. SASAFRASS 226 F St.
40. BAA BAA SHEEPSKIN 234 F St.
40a. THE RITZ TEPANYAKI Corner Third & F St. Suza Lambert.
41. DOT & DAUGHTER 311 F St.
42. COCO & CUVEE 531 Third St. Paige McClurg, mixed media charcoals, acrylics, oils, watercolors, color pencil, India ink and more.
43. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third St. Kids Alive Program Drop off 5:30-8:00; call for reservations 443-9694.
43a. AMERICAN INDIAN ART AND GIFT 233 F St. Musician Trinidad Goodshield.
43b. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Patricia Sennott.
44. BON BONIERE 215 F St. Genevieve Minahan, needlework; Dale Winget, guitarist/vocalist.
45. OLD TOWN COFFEE and CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Christopher Shoemaker, acrylic and oil; Music by Spudgun.
46. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Corner of 2nd and F Sts. Margriet Seinen, paintings on silk; Renaissance music by Viols, Recorders, Krumhorns and All.
47. HOLLYGOLIGHTLY 514 Second St. Floral paintings.
48. OBERON GRILL 516 Second St. Photographs of Old Eureka from Historical Society
49. LINEN CLOSET Corner of Second and F Sts. Come check out our new my Lou Bags, locally-made and a great selection for Mother's Day.
50. HURRICANE KATE'S 511 Second St. Hurricane Kate’s employees’ art.
51. HIMALYAN RUG TRADER 529 Second St. Rugs from Kathmandu.
52. BUHNE ART STUDIOS 207 G St. (Second Floor) Karen Merry, watercolor, pen and ink; Fran Kuta, Studio 109, oil paintings: Erik Horvath, Studio 206.
53. HUMBOLDT CARPET SHOWROOM AT THE GALLERY Second and G St. Aaron Nutting, Cindy Forstyth, and Lynna Ridgeway.
53a. SUKI BOUTIQUE 221 Second St.
54. PIANTE 620 Second St. Brian D. Tripp, honored Karuk singer and dancer.
55. SMUGS PIZZA 626 Second St. Art by Lillian.
55a. SALON M 630 Second St. Reginald Mintey, pottery display and sale.
55b. CLOUD NINE 634 Second St. Helen Rust.
56. AVALON Third & G Sts. William S. Pierson, Photographs 2007-2009.
57. UPSTAIRS ABOVE THE LOST COAST BREWERY 615 Fourth St.
58. STUDIO S 717 Third St. Ink People Center for the Arts, Fabrications: 3D Art Assemblages by Kati Texas.
59. HAS BEANS 738 Second St. Open Mic, 6-9 p.m.
60. BIGFOOT COMPUTERS AND PHOTOGRAPHY TOO… 905 Third St. Yeti Production Demonstration.
61. HUNT, HUNTER, & HUNT 1315 Fourth St. Ink People Center for the Arts, Fabrications: 3D Art Assemblages by Kati Texas.
62. LOOKING GLASS RESTAURANT 1436 Second St. Kristen Hunter, lens-free photographs.