First Saturday Night Arts Alive! Opening receptions, art exhibits, music and more, 6-9 p.m. For more information contact Eureka Main Street at 707-442-9054 or www.eurekamainstreet.org.
1. EUREKA INN 518 Seventh St. Lauren Cogan Jones, mixed media.
2. AREA 1 AGENCY ON AGING 434 Seventh St. "Being Here Now — Celebrating Older Americans Month," works by artists 60 and older, including Lorraine Miller-Wolf, Stock Schlueter, Alan Sanborn, Patty Sennott, John Wesa, Mimi LaPlant and many more.
2a. OMSBERG AND PRESTON 434 Seventh St. Suite B A continuation of the "Being Here Now" show celebrating older Americans.
3. MORRIS GRAVES MUSEUM OF ART 636 F St. Performance Rotunda: "Musaic" blends trumpet, accordion, dumbek, gaida and more to create music from 11 countries; Thonson Gallery: 12th annual Northwest Eye Regional Photography competition and exhibition; Atrium and Rotunda Gallery: selections from the permanent collection; Homer Balabanis Gallery: artists' cooperative; Anderson Gallery: David Kimball Anderson sculptures inspired by the flower paintings of Morris Graves; Knight Gallery: Richard Gabriele watercolors; Floyd Bettiga Gallery: Humboldt Artist Gallery Group Show; Youth Gallery: tapestry artists.
3a. COTTAGE ANNEX 618 F St. Shabby chic, cottage chic, etc.
3b. EUREKA THEATER 612 F St. Popcorn, music and a preview show for a May 5 auction of antiques and collectibles.
3c. ANNEX 39 608 F St. Art Deco and mid-century modern.
4. REDWOOD ART ASSOCIATION 603 F St. 55th annual spring exhibition, with paintings, mixed media, photography, etchings, sculpture and more.
5. BOHEMIAN MERMAID 511 Sixth St. Merit Cape, stone and pearl jewelry; Amber Jones, copper and glass art; Dave J. Struthers, local beach photography; The M Notes, acoustic duo, performing.
5a. MEGARA'S BEAUTY SALON 521 Sixth St. Art and music for an opening celebration.
6. DALIANES TRAVEL 522 F St. Vikki Ziskin and Sanford Pyron; John David Young Trio, performing.
7. F STREET FOTO GALLERY at Swanlund's Camera 527 F St. Rick Febre, "Short Stories, Small Works," pensive, studio-based photographs.
7a. THE LOCAL 517 F St. Danya Babich, black and white photography with a splash of color.
7b. MALIA MATSUMOTO POP UP GALLERY 511 F St. "I'm Not Bad I'm Just Drawn That Way," loving tributes to sinister figures. Collaborative experiment between artists and gallery workers to create, set up and strike an entire show in 24 hours leaving, no trace behind. Curated by Matt Jackson, featuring Donovan Clark, Kristen Clohessy, Allison Reed, Carlos Valdez, Sarah Lesher, Michael Kahan, Gina Tuzzi, Jamie Lovell, Chris Henry, Lush Newton, Brian Woida, Katie Alford, Sean Sutter, Graham Payne, Ozzie Ricardez, Kevin Woida, Nick Hunt and Ryan Pintar.
8. SACRED PALACE BOUTIQUE, BIKRAM YOGA 516 Fifth St. Peter Canclini, "Be Kind Anyway", photography; yoga with music 7-8 p.m. at Old Town Square 2nd and F Sts.
8b. EUREKA STUDIO ARTS 526 Fifth St. Rachel Schlueter, paintings and painting demonstration; Cathy O'Leary, paintings.
9. LIVING ROOM GALLERY at Mikki Moves Real Estate 805 Seventh St. John Wesa, serigrapher, "40 Year Retrospective;" Linda Parkinson, watercolors; Cadillac Branch, acoustic music. Five percent of sales go to nonprofits.
10. MANHARD CONSULTING 611 I St. Cindy Noble, watercolors.
11. SEWELL GALLERY FINE ART 423 F St. Theresa Oats, "Images from Life," oil paintings; guest artist Hans Spek; book signing by Tracey Barnes Priestly; Susie Laraine and Brian Post, performing; beverage sales benefit Access Humboldt.
12. NORTH COAST DANCE 425 F St. Open rehearsals for "Dance, the Final Frontier."
12b. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 Fifth St. Alex Escudero, "The Rock and Sticks are Talking," sculpture.
13. NORTH COAST REPERTORY THEATRE 300 Fifth St. 30th anniversary reception, unveiling next season's plays.
14. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. Katherine Ziemer, photography; Vince Cavatio, "Wave and Surfing" photography.
15. PRIMATE TATU 139 Fifth St. Michael Arneson, canvas and acrylic.
16. BAR FLY PUB AND GRUB 91 Commercial St. The Last Match, performing 9 p.m.
17. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY and THE STUDIO 272 C St. "The Mosaic Show," from simple, colorful designs to intricate landscapes and portraits.
17a. HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Justin Skillstad and Thaddeus Zoellner, sculpture, painting and photography.
18. SAILORS' GRAVE TATTOO 138 Second St. Tattoo related art, antiques and memorabilia.
18b. MANTOVA'S TWO STREET MUSIC 124 Second St. Music by Islander Fun.
18c. THE BLACK FAUN GALLERY 120 Second St. Marceau Verdiere, mixed media on paper; Sets Revenge, performing.
18d. SEE NO EVIL PHOTO GALLERY at SUITE C STUDIO 129 Second St. Sonny Belk, "Sweet Sea," digitally enhanced photography.
19. STEVE AND DAVE'S First and C streets. Marni Schneider, photography.
19a. REDWOOD CURTAIN 220 First St. (Main entrance through Snug Alley). Lobby Gallery Calista Hesseltine, McKinleyville High School ninth grader, "A Study in Close Up," photography.
20. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Kylan Luken, photography.
20b. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. Kaitlyn Short, oil on canvas.
21. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Cammy Williams, playful, vibrant oil paintings; Tina and Her Pony, from Taos, N.M., playing indie Appalachian folk music.
21a. AMERIND BAY 326 Second St. 20th Anniversary Celebration Live window models; Michael David, guitarist, performing.
22. THE SIREN'S SONG TAVERN 325 Second St., Suite 102. Ananda Oliveri, mixed media paintings; No Covers and Space Biscuit, performing.
22a. ALTERNATIVE BUILDING CENTER 325 Second St. Suite 103. Dale Howard, acrylic paintings; Pat Ronus Band, performing.
22b. BRENDA TUXFORD GALLERY 325 Second St. North Coast Open Studios preview; live music.
22c. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. Carol Mallard, vintage jewelry; Adam Dias, woodworking; Paula Hamon, clayworks; Amy Simon, chain mail jewelry.
23. CIARA'S IRISH SHOP 334 Second St. Art by Claudia Lima.
23a. HUMBOLDT GLASSBLOWERS 214 E St. Monica Haff, paintings; pinball tournament.
23b. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM Third and E streets. Scott Brown, Then and Now and Katie Thja, Logging Railroads in Humboldt County, signing their new books.
24. BELLA BASKETS 311 E St. Rob Walker, scenic photography.
25. STUDIO 424 424 Third St. James Reid, and Mark McKenna, photography.
25a. GEOMATRIX 426 Third St. Jeff Robinson, oils, Roman Villagrana, mixed media, and Robert Busch, oils.
25b. SHIPWRECK 430 Third St. Amy Kumler, photography; Sarah Lecher, prints and paintings.
26. CAFÉ NOONER 409 Opera Alley. Pamela Foster, special guest author, Bigfoot Blues, book signing; Mike Vitiello, paintings; The Living Rooms, performing.
27. HUMBOLDT BAYKEEPER 211 E St. "Second Chances" by students from East High School Teenarts program: art sales benefit Teen Court, a program of the Boys and Girls Club; Kenny Ray and the Mighty Rovers, performing.
28. RAMONE'S 209 E St. Robert Busch III, oil paintings, Soulful Sidekicks, performing.
30. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. Allison Marsh, photography.
31. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Bobbie Benson, paintings.
31a. NORTH SOLES 407 Second St. Paula Anderson, watercolors.
32a. HSU FIRST STREET GALLERY 422 First St. Annabeth Rosen, "Nature-Morphic," works on paper and nine ceramic sculptures.
33a. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT F St. Plaza. Huichol Indian Art from Mexico.
33b. LIVING THE DREAM ICE CREAM 1 F St. Jackson Salor-Ward, mixed media.
34. VANITY 109 F St. Nate Sheedy, Bay Area artist, mixed media; Curtis Otto, "Changing It Up," oil paintings.
34a. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St. Paula Anderson, watercolors.
35. EUREKA FABRICS 414 Second St. April Walton, three-dimensional, quilted silk wall hangings.
35a. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 416 Second St. Veda Zalarvis-Chase, paintings; Lance Torgerson, guitarist.
36. YARN 418 Second St. Christina Anastasia, visionary acrylic paintings.
36a. TREASURE TROVE 420 Second St. Darlene Counts and Maureen Dombek, "Vintage Dishware Art."
38. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 Second St. Christina Anastasia, "Spring Jewels," visionary acrylic paintings and queenly body adornments.
41. THE WINE SPOT 234 F St. Oil and canvas nudes by C Street Studios students of Michael Hayes.
42. OLD TOWN JEWELERS 311 F St. Art by Allison Reed.
43a. UPPER STUDIO AND HUMBOLDT DANCE ALLIANCE 527 Third St. Performing scenes from the ballet "A Midsummer's Night Dream."
43b. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third streets. Kids Alive Program Drop off 5:30-8 p.m.; call for reservations 443-9694.
44. AMERICAN INDIAN ART GALLERY 241 F St. Ellen Poitras, jewelry and sashes.
44a. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Paintings by Carol Lauer, Jean Hawkins and Patty Hollbrook.
44b. HUMBOLDT BAY COFFEE 526 Opera Alley. Winning photography from Photo Wars; Mariachi Real de Mexico, performing.
46. OLD TOWN COFFEE AND CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Samantha Seglin, nature and landscape photography; music by the Jim Lahman Band.
47. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Corner of Second and F streets. Andrew Daniel, paintings and figurative portraits.
48a. OBERON GRILL 516 Second St. Historical Society photographs of Old Eureka.
49a. FIVE ELEVEN 511 Second St. Rob Hampson, large format paintings; ShugaFoot, jazz, performing.
50a. HUMBOLDT HARDWARE 531 Second St. Work from South Bay Union School; Jeff Hanson, "The Fish Stick," hollow core surfboard.
51. PARASOL ARTS 211 G St. Mosaic art by Thomas Hunt; Joe Antrim and Friends, performing 7-8:30 p.m.
52. ORANGE CUP CORAL SALON 612 Second St. Rob Hampson, abstract oils.
53. PIANTE 620 Second St. John Austin Hylton, "Joining the Immensity, Immortal, and Bundle."
54. DELIGHTFUL EYE PHOTOGRAPHY 622 Second St. Tripwire, performing.
55. SMUG'S PIZZA 626 Second St. Brandon Garland, pen and ink.
57. ORIGIN DESIGN LAB 621 Third St. Live demonstration and works by Niko Sol, fusion artist and clothing architect.
57a. STUDIO S 717 Third St. Floral paintings by multiple artists.
58. ADORNI CENTER 1011 Waterfront St. Douglas Shrock, space, science fiction and NASA art; Paul Rickard, watercolors; Renee Thompson, acrylics.
59. CASA BLANCA CATERING CO. 1436 Second St. Shawn Griggs, "Mexico On My Mind," oil paintings.