Presented by the Humboldt Arts Council and Eureka Main Street. Opening receptions for artists, exhibits and/or performances are held the first Saturday of each month. Phone (707) 442-9054 or go to www.eurekamainstreet.org for more information or to have an exhibit or performance included.
1. EUREKA INN 518 Seventh St. Lauren Cogan Jones, mixed media.
2. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda: Music by The Lisa Baney Trio. William Thonson Gallery: "On Being Human," Kristin Lindseth Rivera, sculptures, and George Rivera, paintings. Atrium & Rotunda Gallery: Selections from the HAC permanent collection. Homer Balabanis Gallery: Humboldt Artist Gallery featuring representational and abstract paintings, prints, jewelry, photographs and ceramics. Anderson Gallery: "Faces of American Heroes: Portraits of WWII Veterans," Kathrin Burleson. Knight Gallery: "Numina," Corey Drieth, paintings and drawings; Floyd Bettiga Gallery: "Meet Morris." Youth Gallery: "Children's Author and Illustrator Festival," selected winning illustrations.
3. EUREKA THEATER 612 F St. "Humboldt Made," red carpet film premiere featuring Humboldt Made short films by local filmmaker Malcolm DeSoto. $5 advance, $10 at the door. Red carpet walk 6 p.m. Program begins 7 p.m.
4. REDWOOD ART ASSOCIATION 603 F St. "55th Annual Fall Exhibition," featuring pieces by RAA members.
5a. MEGARA'S 521 Sixth St. Lauren Katz, animation art.
5. BOHEMIAN MERMAID 511 Sixth St. Beer Crafts book party with SCRAP Humboldt.
6. PRAXIS FITNESS 530 F St. Holly and Ron Vetter, handcrafted redwood frames with nature photos.
7. F ST. FOTO GALLERY at Swanlund's Camera 527 F St. "Ansel Adams American Landscapes 1923-1968," Ansel Easton Adams, photographs.
7a. THE LOCAL 517 F St. Rae Elizabeth City, oil and acrylic paints and prints. Music by Four for Jazz.
8. SACRED PALACE BOUTIQUE - BIKRAM YOGA – HUMBOLDT BRANCH 516 Fifth St. Music by Ron Villagrana.
8a. EUREKA STUDIO ARTS 526 Fifth St. Nancy Shelby, glass mosaic demonstrations. Other work by Micki Dyson-Flatmo, Brent Eviston, Joan Gold, Linda Mitchell, Kathy O'Leary, Stock Schlueter, Rachel Schlueter and Amy Stewart.
9. MIKKIMOVES' LIVING ROOM GALLERY 805 Seventh St. Rob Hampson, watercolors. Half of proceeds go to the Jefferson Project. Music by Anna Hamilton.
10. EUREKA SPA AND SALON 601 Fifth St. Complimentary hair chalking, braiding, stress fix ritual. Artist TBA.
11. ROSE'S BILLIARDS 535 Fifth St. John Hall, photographs. Signed photos of Women's Professional Billiards Association champs and other sports memorabilia.
12. SEWELL GALLERY FINE ART 423 F St. Rick Gustafson, blur photography. Louis Marak, ceramic sculpture. Dar Spain, photography. Music by Squeeze Bug. Beverage sales benefit Sequoia Humane Society.
13a. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering, 401 Fifth St. Music by Pat Durbin.
14. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. "Barns of Humboldt County," selected photo and art contest winners presented by Humboldt County Farm Bureau. Coffee shop side: Vince Cavataio, "Ocean Scenes," photography.
14a. HUMBOLDT REPUBLICAN CENTRAL COMMITTEE 311 Fifth St. D. Nickleson Miller, wildlife paintings.
15. PRIMATE TATU 139 Fifth St. "Old School Art," Michael Arneson.
16. BAR FLY PUB AND GRUB 91 Commercial St. Marnie Schneider, artwork. Art from Kathleen Bryson's private collection.
17. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY and THE STUDIO 272 C St. "Inter Galaxies," Deanna Dutra, abstract, acrylic paintings.
17a. C STREET STUDIOS & HALL GALLERY 208 C St., "Whispered Secrets," Thaddeus Zoellner and Michael Royce, mixed media.
17b. THE WORKS 210 C St. Music by Hypnotic Transference.
18. SAILORS' GRAVE TATTOO 138 Second St. Tattoo related art, antiques and memorabilia.
18b. MANTOVA'S TWO ST. MUSIC 124 Second St. Music by Bradley Dean.
18c. THE BLACK FAUN GALLERY 120 Second St. "A Gleaming Moon," donated work by 15 artists to benefit Food For People. Music TBA.
19. STEVE AND DAVE'S First and C streets. Marni Schneider, photography.
19a. REDWOOD CURTAIN 220 First St. Lobby Gallery: Garland St. Studio Artists featuring current and former students of Studio founder Barbara Pulliam. Gael Dougherty, Jessica Astorga, Colette Baeupre, Betty Dale, Jac Forthun, Sherry Hornbrook, Edie Llist, Janette Murphy, Barbara, Dennis Rosser, Heather Shelton, Ron Titus, Jr. and Alice Zedelis, chalk pastel on paper. Until 7:30 p.m. "Becky's New Car" performance starts at 8 p.m.
19b. GALLAGHER'S IRISH PUB 139 Second St. Ron Thompson, oils.
20. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Kylan Luken, photography.
20a. ACCENT GALLERY 219 Second St. Music by Man in White.
20b. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. Noelle Cox, oil paintings.
21. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Carrie Elizabeth Wachter Martinez, live performance art paintings. Music by Jan Bramlett, acoustic guitar and vocals.
21a. FOREVER YOUNG 308 Second St. Jan Hollander, paintings.
22. THE SIREN'S SONG TAVERN 325 Second St., Ste. 102. Scott Hemphill, sculptures.
22a. BRENDA TUXFORD GALLERY 325 Second St. "Made by Hand," open community art show.
22b. ALTERNATIVE BUILDING CENTER 325 Second St. Jan Scurfield, "Sacred Images," photography. Music by Midnight Flack.
22c. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. Shullie Steinfeld, hand made jewelry. Karen Nelson, Day of the Dead art. Vickie McDonald, bead jewelry. Adam Dias, woodworking.
23. CIARA'S IRISH SHOP 334 Second St. Music by Sam and Angela Lundeen.
24. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM Third and E streets. "From Sawdust to Uranium: The History of Electrical Power Generation in Humboldt County" presented in partnership with PG&E.
25. STUDIO 424 424 Third St. James Reid and Mark McKenna, photography.
26. SHIPWRECK 430 Third St. Anna Amezcua, paintings. Allison Marsh, photography.
27. CAFÉ NOONER 409 Opera Alley. Doug Lunt and Marley, paintings. Music by The Living Rooms.
28. HUMBOLDT BAYKEEPER 211 E St. Swimmable Humboldt photos. Music by Kenny Ray and the Mighty Rovers.
28a. RAMONE'S 209 E St. Paula Redfeldt, reproductions of Native American pictographs and petroglyphs. Music by Lizzie and the Moonbeams, blues and swing.
30. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. Gigi Floyd, mixed media and beeswax collages.
31. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Craig Michael Anthony (Pedley), landscape oil paintings.
31a. NORTH SOLES 407 Second St. Tomomi Barrett and Aiko Mogi, pressed flower art and jewelry.
33. HSU FIRST STREET GALLERY 422 First St. "HSU ART DEPARTMENT: NOW," HSU faculty and staff exhibition.
34. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT F Street Plaza. Richard Duning, paintings.
35. LIVING THE DREAM ICE CREAM 1 F St. Conrad Calimpong, photography.
36. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St. "The Best Nest," Louise Bacon-Ogden.
37. EUREKA FABRICS 414 Second St. Huge fourth birthday celebration!
37a. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 416 Second St. Kati Barret, paintings.
38. TREASURE TROVE 420 Second St. Music by Pat Kanzler.
38a. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St. Final voting for new paint colors.
38b. RIVERBEND CELLARS & MORE 434 Second St. Phyllis Barba, ink on board.
38c. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 Second St. "Advanced Polka," Mike Vitiello, acrylic on canvas.
39. NATURE GEAR 226 F St. Artwork from Studio S. Music by Guilty Apples.
39a. ALIROSE 229 F St. Jane Cooper "Mix" collection launch. Justine Levy, jewelry.
40. THE WINE SPOT 234 F St. "The Night Stage to Orick," Bob and Donna Sellers, paintings.
41. OLD TOWN JEWELERS 311 F St. Abbie Perrott, oil pastels, watercolors and cards.
42. COCO & CUVEE 531 Third St. Jennifer Backman-Stone, acrylic on canvas, watercolor and mixed media.
43. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third streets. Kids Alive Program. Drop off 5:30-8:00 p.m. Call for reservations, 443-9694.
44. AMERICAN INDIAN ART GALLERY 241 F St.
44a. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Dana Ballard, watercolor paintings.
44b. HUMBOLDT BAY COFFEE 526 Opera Alley. R. Gouldberg, paintings. Music by The Pyronauts.
45. CODY GALLERY 213 F St.
46. OLD TOWN COFFEE and CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Randy Meyers, photography. Music by Jim Lahman Band.
47. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Corner of Second and F streets. Amy Granfield, oil paintings. Music by Wynsome Winds (Joyce Carter and Mary Harper).
49. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St. Paula F. Anderson, watercolors.
49a. FIVE ELEVEN 511 Second St. Rob Hampson, large format paintings. Music by The Uptown Kings, 9:30 p.m.
50. WOLF DAWG 525 Second St. Music by John David Young Conspiracy. "Foowitichoo" CD release party.
50b. HUMBOLDT HARDWARE 531 Second St. "Monster Wood Bowls and Carvings," Vance Balter.
51. PARASOL ARTS 211 G St. Thomas Hunt, mosaic art; Andrew Daniel, paintings.
52. HUMBOLDT BAY TOURISM CENTER Second and G streets. Linda Mitchell, paintings.
53. ORANGE CUP CORAL SALON 612 Second St. Rob Hampson, abstract oils.
54. PIANTE 620 Second St. "Water Ways," mixed media sculpture and paintings.
55. SMUG'S PIZZA 626 Second St. Brandon Garland, pen and ink.
57. STUDIO S 717 Third St. Multiple artists, paintings of water.
58. ADORNI CENTER 1011 Waterfront St. Kirk Shelton, Howard Rutherford and Melissa Zielinsky.