Does this look trashy? Good. The Kinetic Kouture: Fashion with a Re-purpose battle royale is going down at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Eagle House Inn ($10, $7 if you BYO non-disposable cup). In this benefit for the Kinetic Universe, contestants glue, sew, rip and recycle refuse for the runway, hoping to be crowned Trashionista Gloriosa.
Are your fingers twitching? Here's a rundown of the rules from the Rutabaga Royal Family:1. All materials must be repurposed or recycled.
2. Things like thread, glue, and fasteners can be new, but don't push it. The judges are looking for interesting use of materials.
3. You must show up by 5 p.m. for a pre-show run-through. Then you can go backstage and get ready.
4. You do not have to model your own designs, but you do have to bring your own model(s).
5. You may enter up to three designs. Things move quickly, so you'll probably need one model per creation.
6. Anyone can enter, but minors need a guardian to sign a waiver.
7. Avoid materials that can damage the ballroom or make a mess.
8. You can bribe the judges, but remember we're trying to eliminate waste here.
Somewhere, Tim Gunn's eyebrow is all the way up in his hairline. Just be ready to go big, dumpster-diving divas, because last year's winner made Lady Gaga look like a flight attendant. Call 786-3443 or email email@example.com for more info.
And make it work.