Red Salmon Complex Facebook page
Red Salmon Complex
The Red Salmon Complex — nearly 40,000 acres with 20 percent containment — as well as the August Complex and others to the south are impacting the region with heavy smoke.
The North Coast Unified Air Quality Management District states in a news release that some valleys and basins are already experiencing the conditions, with air quality expected to worsen throughout the day.
“For example, Orleans, Hoopa Valley and Willow Creek, are expected to remain in heavy to moderate smoke with some improvement this evening,” the release states. “Along the coast generally Moderate air quality is expected which may worsen slightly tomorrow. A Red Flag Warning
(above 1500 ft elevation) has been issued for today and into tomorrow, with winds expected to strengthen and shift from the southwest to the northeast by the evening.”
No air quality advisories were issued today.
The forecast for the region:
• Coastal areas — overall expected to have Moderate air quality.
• Eureka — overall Moderate conditions today but may worsen slightly tomorrow.
• Crescent City — Moderate to Good conditions.
• Klamath – overall expected to have Moderate air quality.
• Orleans & Weitchpec — Overall Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups with improvement to Moderate in the evening.
• Hoopa & Willow Creek — Overall Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups with improvement to Moderate in the evening.
• Southern Humboldt County – Good to Moderate conditions, with periods of Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups heading Southward.