Vaccine or Proof of Negative Test Required for Campus Events Beginning December 1
In order to best protect the campus community, beginning Wednesday, Dec. 1, proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test result will be required for any visitor who is over the age of 12 accessing campus events unless they are staff, faculty, or a student.
[PLEASE NOTE: students and employees are not required to show proof of vaccination or negative test results because under University requirements, they have been either fully vaccinated or, if granted an exemption, are getting tested regularly for COVID-19.]
Attendees to events (indoors and outdoors) will have the option of showing:
an HSU staff, faculty, or student ID
OR proof of vaccination
OR proof of a negative test result within 72 hours of arrival.
Regardless of vaccination status or test status, all attendees age 2 and older must wear a mask at all times while on campus except in designated dining areas while actively eating or drinking.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What if my child is under the age of 12?
- Your child is always welcome to visit Humboldt State University. When entering an HSU facility, inform those at the door of your child's age. Your child will be required to mask during the duration of the event if they are over the age of 2.
What can I show as a proof of vaccination?
You can show any of the following:
What do I show as proof of a negative test?
- Physical CDC Vaccination Card for COVID-19 or a photo/screenshot of your vaccination card
- State of California Digital COVID-19 Vaccination Record
- A printout from any state health department or physician's office with your vaccination information stated clearly
What events does this new policy apply to?
- Any photo/screenshot that shows the date of the test result and the date the test was taken or a printout of an official email from a lab with the test results and testing date clearly printed.
- This applies to all events on campus (both indoors and outdoors). HSU students and employees will not be required to show proof of vaccination because under University requirements, they have been either fully vaccinated or, if granted an exemption, are getting tested weekly.
What if I lost my HSU ID?
- Students and employees can show hosts their myhumboldt page. Log into myhumboldt and use the main page, which includes your student/employee identification number, as proof of ID. To order a replacement HSU ID, please fill out this form.
For updates, go to Campus Ready at campusready.humboldt.edu.