Proudly presented by USBank, with Eureka Main Street and the Humboldt Arts Council. Opening receptions for artists, exhibits and/or performances are held the first Saturday of each month. Phone 707-442-9054 for more information or to have an exhibit/performance included. http://aweurekatoday.blogspot.com
1. WORLD CUP 1626 F St. Lauren Sarabia, photographs of Asia.
1a. F STREET CAFÉ 1630 F St. Laura White, paintings; Jeff Davis, photographs; Mike Stengl, watercolors.
2. THE INK PEOPLE CENTER FOR THE ARTS 411 12th St. Grain, open concept art that is and is about, grain.
3. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. William Thonson Gallery: HAC Annual Juried Member Exhibition. Homer Balabanis Gallery: Morris Graves: Selections from the Humboldt Art Council Permanent Collection; Knight Gallery: Victor Jacoby, Weaving Heritage, textile arts; Anderson Gallery: A Complimentary Compilation, local artists and artists from out of the area; Mel Schuler Sculpture Garden The Jan Milstead Collection: The Pacific Rim Sculptor’s Group featuring John Fick, Ed Pogue, Chuck Splady, Lou Testa, Gale Wagner and Gregory Wescott, Gift to the City of Eureka; 2nd Saturday Family Arts Day Gallery: Basketry Art.
4. EUREKA CONCERT AND FILM CENTER 612 F St.
5. EUREKA OLD GLASS HOUSE & ANTIQUES 604 F St. Artisans Faire: Susan Sicard, handcrafted beeswax ornaments; Stephanie Bishop, handcrafted jewelry; Helen Thompson, hand painted oysters with wall hangers and magnets and other shells; Mariana Krattiger, handcrafted hats and purses.
6. PRAXIS 530 F St. Amy Lou, bags; Mark McKenna, photographs of Amy Lou bags.
7. OBENTO 517 F St. The Heiffer Project.
8. SACRED PALACE- BIKRAM YOGA - HUMBOLDT 516 5th St. Reba, acrylic paintings; music by HSU Samba Troupe.
9. HUMBOLDT JIUJITSU GYM 509 H St. Major Players, group show.
10. EUREKA SPA 601 5th St.
11. PLAZA DESIGN 427 F St. Judy Evanson, watercolors; music by Mike McLaren on guitar.
12. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 5th St. Bryce Gray, mixed media and watercolors.
13. WACHOVIA SECURITIES/AG EDWARDS 318 5th St. Allan Sanborn, watercolors.
14. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 5th St. Marsha Lee, photographs of flowers and local scenes.
15. COCHRANE AND ASSOCIATES 402 E St. Barbara Pulliam and Werner Maneck, various media.
16. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY at the Studio 272 C St. That Thing That Saved Us, group show.
17. ACCIDENT GALLERY 210 C St. Andrew Daniel, recent works; Phyllis Barba, Everything Under The Sun, music by Weather Machine.
18. C STREET HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Closed for January.
19. REFLECTIONS 202 C St. Jenny Aailey, watercolors.
20. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING GALLERY 139-B 2nd St. (at the Eagle House). Jeffrey and Iris, montage art.
21. STEVE AND DAVE’S 1st and C sts. Music by Dr. Squid; John Harland, photographs.
22 THE TREASURE TROVE 220 1st St. Ayla Khan, geometric symbols, monoprints and crystal jewelry; silent auction and door prize drawing.
23. CHAPALA CAFE 201 2nd St. Southwest artists’ prints.
24. HUMBOLDT COUNTY GENERAL STORE 219 2nd St. Erick Wright, mixed media on canvas and hard wood with aerosol paints and acrylics.
25. GOOD RELATIONS 223 2nd St. Nancy Ensign, Fantasy Figure Drawing, drawings.
26. CONSIDERATIONS at CONSIDER THE ALTERNATIVES 300 2nd St. Retirement Party for Judith McGinty; music by Bob Eberstein and Mike McLaren.
27. ART OF WINE 308 2nd St. Ralphie Hendrix, Victoria Ryan, Pete Zambas and Sara Starr.
28. NORTHCOAST KNITTERY 320 2nd St. Lorna Brown.
29. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 2nd and E sts. Jim Cernohlavek, pottery and ceramic masks; Vickie McDonald, beaded jewelry; Rob Patton, photographs.
30. CIARA’S IRISH SHOP 334 2nd St. Judy Willis, paintings.
30a. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM 3rd and E sts. Exhibits on paperdolls, radios and the ’50s.
30b. OLARG Gallery 317 3rd St. Ruth Jameson, Painting UnSleep; music by Dogbone and John King in the Atrium.
31. THE BEAD SHOPPE 418 3rd St. Jessica Jewels, specializing in Swarovski crystals.
33. GAIA IMPORTS 426 3rd St. Fusion Belly Dance.
34. SHIPWRECK 430 3rd St. Music by Hey Eleanor at 9 p.m.; Lucas Thornton, Jake Mondragon, Marc McClendon and Sharon Letts.
35. THE RITZ TEPANYAKI 3rd and F sts. Suza Lambert.
36. CIN CIN ALL ITALIANA 201 3rd St. Richard Dunning.
36a. CAFÉ NOONERS 409 Opera Alley. Dylan Boyles, photographs.
37. HUMBOLDT BAY KEEPER 211 E St. Marie Raphael, nature photographs; music by Ken Jorgensen and the Rovers.
38. RAMONE’S 209 E St. Emily Chez, paintings; Maureen Fitzgerals, photographs; music by Scatter the Mud.
39. BOOKLEGGER 402 2nd St. Art of the written word.
40. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 2nd St. Riley Salant-Pearce, photographs.
41. OLD TOWN SQUARE 2nd and F St.
42. NORTH SOLES FOOTWEAR 417 2nd St. Ste. 102. Mallory Garcia, photographs, paintings and pastels.
43. HEALTHSPORT BY THE BAY 423 1st St. Tafft Blair, floral photographs; Dana Utman, photographs; live broadcast by Lila Nelson on KHUM Radio.
44. SEA BREEZE CANDY AND TEE’S F St. Plaza. “Life is Good” line.
45. VANITY 109 F St. What in the World is Carl Muecke Up To?, sculptures.
46. BELLA BASKETS 412 2nd St. Sandy Popko, photographs; Kathleen Baker; samplings by Bless My Soul.
47. GEPPETTO’S 416 2nd St. Toys, cards and gifts.
48. EUREKA BOOKS 426 2nd St. Prints and maps.
49. SHORELINES GALLERY 434 2nd St. Happy New Year!
50. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 2nd St. Nan Penner, Robes of Spirit; Kathryne DeLorme, masks.
51. ALL UNDER HEAVEN 212 F St. Augustus Clark, acrylic paintings.
52. TALISMAN 214 F St.
53. MOON’S 218 F St.
54. SASAFRASS 226 F St. Julie Frith, Kinetic modern mobiles.
55. ALIROSE BOUTIQUE 228 F St. Amanda Elizabeth Woodward, watercolors.
56. DOT AND DAUGHTER 311 F St.
57. CODY PETIT GALLERY 527 4th St. Paintings and photographs from the Cody’s personal collection: Stock Schlueter, Mel Schuler, Sam Swanlund, George Van Hook, Suk Choo Kim, Scott North, Vaughn Hutchins, Frances Boettcher, Ken Jarvela, Harry Blumenthal, Jim Lowry, Linda Mitchell and others.
58. COCO AND CUVEE 531 3rd St. Amber Billings, photographs.
59. DISCOVERY MUSEUM 3rd and F sts. Kids’ Alive, reflective art.
60. AMERICAN INDIAN ART AND GIFT SHOP 241 F St. Cheryl Seidner, handcrafted, contemporary beadwork; Native American print fabric and beads.
61. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Human figure exhibit.
62. BON BONIERE 215 F St. William “Bill” Smith, acrylic landscapes, still lifes and portraits.
63. OLD TOWN COFFEE AND CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Randy Meyers, photographs; music by Jon Ludington.
64. NATURAL SELECTION AND THE EMERALD CITY 203 F St. Bob and Donna Sellers.
65. HOLLYGOLIGHTLY 514 2nd St. Susan Strope, florals.
66. OBERON GRILL 516 2nd St.
67. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St. PTA Reflection visual and literature for grades K-12 entries for the District competition.
68. HURRICANE KATE’S 511 2nd St. Samuel and Angela Lundeen, oil paintings, still life, seascapes and portraits.
69. BLISS 527 2nd St. Bob and Donna Sellers.
70. HIMALYAN RUG TRADER 529 2nd St.
71. BUHNE ART STUDIOS 207 G St., 2nd Floor. Studio 102: Karen Merry, watercolor and mixed-media paintings and pen-and-ink works; Studio 202: HR LoBue, photographs, Tazam; The Artist’s Connection Studio 116: Pamela Reeder and Michelle Murphy-Ferguson: Studio 206: Eric Horvath, oil paintings.
72. HUMBOLDT CARPET SHOWROOM 2nd and G sts. Closed this month.
73. SUKI BOUTIQUE 612 2nd St. Rob Vandivelt.
74. BODY OF LIGHT 622 2nd St. Hand massages.
75. SMUG’S PIZZA 626 2nd St. Louise Hogan, multi-media global collage collection.
76. CLOUD 9 STUDIO 634 2nd St. AnnaLisa McLaughlin, animal celebration features painting in acrylic.
77. AVALON 3rd and G sts.
78. STUDIO S 717 3rd St. Closed this month.
79. HAS BEANS 738 2nd St. Matt Brody, landscapes, portraits and politics; Norman Duplantier, landscapes, local scenes, ships and Mayan art; The Studio-Soodie Whitaker; Lauren Katz, computer art.
80. BIGFOOT COMPUTERS AND PHOTOGRAPHS TOO... 905 3rd St. Becky Reynolds, fossil art; Ayla Kahn, Design for Life, geometric symbols and monoprints.
81. ANTIQUES AND GOODIES 1128 3rd St. Kathleen Bechler, paintings and knitwear; Dolores Polm, watercolors; Dale Lee, hats.