We invite you, our readers, to share your most beautiful, engaging and fun photos — all for the chance to appear in our upcoming 2021 calendar.
As many as 13 winners will be selected. Each winner will receive $100 and an NCJ Winners Basket.
Submissions are accepted until November 30th, 2020
Each person may submit up to two photos. Only digital JPEG photos will be accepted.
Photos must be horizontal or landscape format and at least 300 dpi at 11 inches wide by 9 inches tall. Vertical photos, low resolution files, and files larger than 20 megabytes will not be accepted.
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with supporting information. Please put the words “2021 Calendar Photo Contest” in the subject line.
Each photo should include:
• Photographer’s name
• A short description of what is shown in the photo.
• An email address and telephone number where the photographer can be contacted.
• Use the highest resolution setting on your digital camera.
• Photograph beautiful places, wildlife, etc.
• Photos should reflect the beauty of Humboldt County.
• Submit photos that suggest a season or holiday.
• Just after sunrise and just before sunset are beautiful times to photograph.
By entering the contest, you agree to give the North Coast Journal rights to publish your photo in the North Coast Journal 2021 Calendar and to use it to promote the calendar contest in the future in print and social media. Each person with a photo in the calendar will receive a photo credit and five copies of the calendar to share.