First Saturday Night Arts Alive! Opening receptions for artists, exhibits, and/or performances Feb. 2, 6-9 p.m. Call Eureka Main Street at 707-442-9054, for more information or go to www.eurekamainstreet.org.
1. EUREKA INN 518 Seventh St. Music by The Trouble, 9 p.m.
2. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda: Music by Merv George Sr.; Thonson, Anderson, Knight, Rotunda, Balabanis and Youth galleries: "River As Home" Native American Art. Artists from Wiyot, Yurok, Hupa, Tsenungwe, Karuk and Tolowa cultures including Brian Tripp, George Blake, Deborah McConnell, Karen Noble, Lyn Risling and Bob Benson, curated by Bob Benson of Tsenungwe ancestry. Humboldt Artist Gallery: Artist cooperative featuring local artists working in a variety of media.
3. COTTAGE ANNEX 618 F St. Shabby chic, enamelware, floral china, linens, etc.
3a. EUREKA THEATER 612 F St. Showing a movie.
3b. ANNEX 39 608 F St. Art deco and mid-century modern.
4. REDWOOD ART ASSOCIATION 603 F St. "New Year Exhibition" judged by local watercolor artist and instructor Alan Sanborn. Best of Show Yansviel, other awards: Roger Clark, Carol J. Laur, Cheryle Peterson Rau, Patricia Sennott, and Marceau Verdiere. Reception for the award winners prior to Arts Alive.
5. BOHEMIAN MERMAID 511 6th St. Amber Jones, copper mermaid and animal art; Dave J. Struthers, seascape photography.
6. DALIANES TRAVEL 522 F St. Landscapes and travel photography by Rick Gustafson; music by John David Young Trio.
7. F STREET FOTO GALLERY at Swanlund's Camera, 527 F St. "Just Birds," photographs of birds from around the world by William Wood.
7a. THE LOCAL 517 F St. Artists of The Local, mixed media.
8. SACRED PALACE BOUTIQUE - BIKRAM YOGA 516 Fifth St. Watercolors by Scott Sherman with an emphasis on animals.
8b. EUREKA STUDIO ARTS 526 Fifth St. Classroom exercises, drawings and paintings by students studying with Augustus Clark, Joan Gold, Linda Mitchell and Micki Flatmo.
9. LIVING ROOM GALLERY at MikkiMoves Real Estate 805 Seventh St. "The Second Opening" paintings by Marceau Verdiere; sculptures by Daniel Frachon; music by Patronus: Claire Reynolds, Lean Mahan, Jamie Rutten, Laurel and Alanna Goldsmith, debut performance.
10. MANHARD CONSULTING 611 I St. Watercolors by Cindy Noble.
11. SEWELL GALLERY FINE ART 423 F St. "Evocations, "photography by Stilson Snow; music by Squeeze Bug; beverage sales benefit Redwood Discovery Museum.
12. SURFSIDE BURGER SHACK 445 Fifth St. Photography by Robert Walker.
12a. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering, 401 Fifth St. "In From the Mountains by the River," Native storyteller and Karuk elder Brian Tripp.
13. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. Photography by Katherine Ziemer; "Wave and Surfing" photography by Vince Cavatio.
14. PRIMATE TATU 139 Fifth St. Michael Arneson.
15. BAR FLY PUB AND GRUB 91 Commercial St. Mixed media by Colleen Hole; Marnie Schneider; works from the private collection of Kathleen Bryson; music by St. John Hunt, of St. John and the Sinners.
16. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY and THE STUDIO 272 C St. "The Car Show" automotive artwork by Sean Cannady, Gaylord Divine and Mark Williams.
16a. HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Stephan Alisandre, Roberta Heidt-Preble, Tom Preble, David Hodes, Regina Case, John King, John Motian, Sylvia Stephans and Rachel K Schlueter.
17. THE WORKS 210 C St. Art by Ben Zeitlin; jazz combo.
18. SAILORS' GRAVE TATTOO 138 Second St. Tattoo related art, antiques and memorabilia.
18a. LIVELLA STUDIO 120 Second St. Electronic music by Sets Revenge.
18b. MANTOVA'S TWO STREET MUSIC 124 Second St. Piano music by Michael. Open until 10 p.m.
18c. THE BLACK FAUN GALLERY 120 Second St., oils, mixed media on panel, sculpture by Damen Tesch. Proceeds from sales of art benefit Food for People Backpacks for Kids Program.
18d. SEE NO EVIL PHOTO GALLERY at SUITE C STUDIO 129 Second St. Suite C. Digital photography by Sonny Belk.
19. STEVE AND DAVE'S First and C sts. Photography by Marni Schneider.
19a. REDWOOD CURTAIN 220 First St. (Entrance through Snug Alley) Stone and wire wrap jewelry by Nancy Jioras; guitar music by Tony, aka Otto Knobetter.
20. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Traditional Southwest artists' prints.
20a. ACCENT STYLING GALLERY 219 Second St. Harp music by Judy Phillips.
20b. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. Drawings by Nancy Ensign.
21. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. "Sacred Mandalas" by Sue O'Kieffe, music by Jan Bramlett.
22. THE SIREN'S SONG TAVERN 325 Second St., Ste. 102, Photography by Lisken Rossi; swing music by The Bamboozlers.
22a. ALTERNATIVE BUILDING CENTER 325 Second St. Ste. 103, Photographs, paintings, and drawings by Christine and Jeff Hunter.
22b. BRENDA TUXFORD GALLERY 325 Second St. Second Floor. "ARMD," Art Rebel Movement for Dignity, decolonization and cultural production.
22c. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. Photography by Zahra Shine; leather works by Norm Leverett; jewelry by Louise Zuleger and Katya Newman.
23. HUMBOLDT GLASS BLOWERS 214 E St. Paintings by Monica Haff; pinball tournament.
23a. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM Third and E sts. Music by Bayside Brass: Dick LaForge, Leon Hamilton and Fredrick Belanger trumpets, Don Dicknell on French horn and Phil Sams on trombone.
24. BELLA BASKETS 311 E St. Lightleates Photography: Crystal Johnson.
25. STUDIO 424 424 Third St. Photography by James Reid and Mark McKenna.
25a. SHIPWRECK 430 Third St. Baroque grunge, mixed media collages by Kati Barrett.
26. CAFÉ NOONER 409 Opera Alley. Watercolors, oils and mixed media by Ron Thompson; music by The Living Rooms.
26a. THE SPEAKEASY BAR 411 Opera Alley. Blues by the Buddy Reed Band.
27. HUMBOLDT BAYKEEPER 211 E St. "King of High Tides" photography by Humboldt Baykeeper volunteers; music by Kenny Ray and the Mighty Rovers.
28. RAMONE'S 209 E St. David Boston; music by Fogliner.
29. BOOKLEGGER 402 Second St. Art of the written word.
30. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. Zimbabwe Artists Project (ZAP), celebrating the artistry and accomplishments of women from rural Weya in eastern Zimbabwe.
31. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Paintings.
31a. NORTH SOLES 407 Second St. "Portrait in Grayscale" Chris Fracker.
32. HSU FIRST STREET GALLERY 422 First St. "Golden States of Grace: Prayers of the Disinherited," photo documentary by Rick Nahmias.
33. WHIPLASH CURVE 423 First St. Mixed media art by Laurie Stone.
33b. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT F St. Plaza. Huichol Indian art from Mexico.
34. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St. Ken Burton, slide show of world travel.
35. EUREKA FABRICS 414 Second St. Art quilts by Redwood Empire Quilt Guild.
35a. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 416 Second St. Vintage art.
36. TREASURE TROVE 420 Second St. Fabric art by Melissa Houseworth.
36b. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St. Historic maps of Humboldt County.
37. SHORELINES GALLERY 434 Second St. "A Watercolor Called Yellow Mist" Lucy Bowels.
38. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 Second St. "Expression In Portrait" acrylics on canvas by R. Mauch.
39. TALISMAN BEADS 214 F St. YOU are the artist.
40. ALIROSE 229 F St. Jewelry by Justine Levy.
41. THE WINE SPOT 234 F St. The Redwood Camera Club.
42. OLD TOWN JEWELRY 311 F St. Figurative and floral watercolors by Joyce Jonté.
43. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third sts. Kids Alive Program Drop off 5:30-8:00; call for reservations 443-9694.
44. AMERICAN INDIAN ART GALLERY 241 F St. Native American art.
44a. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Acrylic paintings by Antoinette Magyar. Last chance to apply for entry in March Invitational Show.
44b. HUMBOLDT BAY COFFEE COMPANY 526 Opera Alley. Artwork by Steven Schmidt; eclectic-acoustic music by "The Gimick," Gin Green, Chuck Hooker and Mike Conboy.
45. BON BONIERE 215 F St. Music by Dale Winget.
46. OLD TOWN COFFEE & CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Patty Legray, artist; International folk music by Musaic; belly dancing Shoshanna.
47. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Corner of 2nd and F sts.
48. SISTERFRIENDSJEANS 514 Second St. Jewelry by Jane Copper; refreshments by Spice Catering.
48a. OBERON GRILL 516 Second St. Historic photographs of Old Eureka from Historical Society.
49. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St. Jewelry by Baroni and fused glass by Laura Wellman.
49a. FIVE ELEVEN 511 Second St. Paintings and prints by Shawn Griggs.
50. HUMBOLDT HARDWARE 531 Second St. Valentine themed show by Kathryn Stotter.
51. PARASOL ARTS 211 G St. Paintings by Andrew Daniel, paper cut images by Matt Cooper, and mosaics by Robin Friedman.
51a. BUHNE ART STUDIOS 211 G St. (Upstairs) Suite 205. Abstract oils by Rob Hampson; Suite 206, drawings and prints by Brent Eviston.
52. ORANGE CUP CORAL SALON 612 Second St. Electic mix by David Steinhardt.
53. PIANTE 620 Second St. "Fountains" water sculptures by Eric Tillinghast.
54. DELIGHTFUL EYE PHOTOGRAPHY 622 Second St. Music by Tripwire.
55. SMUG'S PIZZA 626 Second St. Pen and ink Brandon Garland.
57. ORIGIN DESIGN LAB 621 Third St. Paintings by Chris Frolking.
59. ADORNI CENTER 1011 Waterfront St. Watercolors by Paul Rickard.
60. COCO AND CUVÉE 531 Third St. Wedding photos and portraits by Ian Net of Humboldt Photography.