First Saturday Night Arts Alive! Is proudly presented by USBank, with Eureka Main Street and the Humboldt Arts Council. Opening receptions for artists, exhibits, and/or performances May 1 6-9 p.m. Phone 707-442-9054, for more information.
1. WORLD CUP 1626 F St. Robert Daugherty, photographs; Music by Robert and Geoff Daugherty.
2. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda, Music by Four Schillings Short; Rotunda Gallery, David Groth, sculpture. William Thonson Gallery, 9th Annual Northwest Eye Regional Photography Competition & Exhibition; Homer Balabanis Gallery, Morris Graves & Selections from the Humboldt Arts Council Permanent Collection; Knight Gallery, HAC Members Miniatures; Floyd Bettiga Gallery, Linnea Tobias; Anderson Gallery, Recent Acquisitions: Selctions from the HAC Permanent Collection; Youth Gallery, Our Rainforest: Our Web of Life; Second Saturday Family Arts Day Gallery, Children’s artwork.
3. EUREKA CONCERT AND FILM CENTER 612 F St.
4. EUREKA OLD GLASS HOUSE & ANTIQUES/EUREKA SOAP FACTORY 604 F St. Suzanne Sicard, handcrafted beeswax ornaments; Donna Sellars, oil paintings of the Oberon; hand crafted soaps from Eureka Soap Factory.
5. DALIANES TRAVEL 522 F St. Patty Holbrook, paintings; Carol Lauer, tole art; and Jean Hawkins, computer graphics artist.
6. SWANLUND’S CAMERA 527 F St. HSU Photography Club.
6a. OBENTO’S 517 F St. Eureka High Senior Photos.
6. SACRED PALACE BOUTIQUE - BIKRAM YOGA – HUMBOLDT BRANCH 516 Fifth St. Guest artists and live music.
7. OASIS 520 Fifth St. Outdoor Sidewalk Cypher Jam; VIP Gallery Show.
8. KATHLEEN BRYSON LAW OFFICES 702 Fifth St. Edie List, watercolors, Ricky Cross, oils and porcelain; Janie Clark, oils and watercolors; Music by MCBruce.
9. PLAZA DESIGN 427 F St. Allison Reed, paintings; music by Lisa Monet.
10. INDAH BALI 440 F St. Betsy Roberts, Joyce Jonté, Barbara Wright and Thomas Fossier. Music by Gamelan Sekar Sequoia.
10a. SURFSIDE BURGER BAR 445 Fifth St. Music by John David Young Trio.
11. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 Fifth St. Ric Cardenas.
12. SACRED BODIES PILATES 525 E St. Pilates demos, class registration and more.
13. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. Fortuna Camera Club photographs.
14. EMPIRE SQUARED 47 W. Third St. Empire Ladyfest artwork; Music by Josephine Johnson and Morgan Corviday.
15. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY at the Studio 272 C St. Jaimal Kordes, Connecting to the Soul of My Art; Studio Community Choir at 7 p.m.; Letter to Arnold, a short activist film will be shown repeatedly beginning at 8 p.m.
15a. ACCIDENT GALLERY 210 C St. Music by Weather Machine, Hibbitty Skibbitty, Ya Habibi Dance Co., Gary Thawatchai Ronnie, Brad Wilson, Sanctuary Stage. Immediately following Arts Alive, DJ Soirée and DJ Wess.
15b. HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Marceau Verdier, Ashely Forman, Jeremy Wall and studio artists.
16. MANTOVA’S TWO STREET MUSIC 124 Second St.
16a. LIVELLA STUDIOS (Music Recording Studio/Art Gallery) 120 Second St. Alejandro Escudero Ochoa; live studio recording with the Mob Brothers.
17. STEVE AND DAVE’S First and C Sts. Live music by Dr. Squid; John Harland, photographs.
17a. REDWOOD CURTAIN 220 First St. (Main Entrance Through Snug Alley) Sharon Falk-Carlsen, Diane Williams, Murline Georgeson, and John Lynch, photographs.
18. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Traditional Southwest artists’ prints.
18a. HUMBOLDT COUNTY GENERAL STORE 219 Second St. Mr. Airbrush Hands, multi media work.
18b. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. Artist Deborah Kallish, Figuratively Speaking, oils and charcoals.
19. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Maisie Moore, drawings; Hope Center students, watercolors; classical piano music performed by Peter Moore.
20. ART OF WINE 308 Second St. Photographs.
21. CIARA’S IRISH SHOP 334 Second St. Elsie Mendes, Julia Bednar and Delores Terry.
22. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. Vickie McDonald, bead jewelry; Kathy Marie, altered arts and crafts; Kim Daniels, ceramic tile.
23. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM Third and E St. New exhibits on aviation and Mother’s Day join ongoing exhibits on Humboldt history; music by Confusion Hill.
23a. 321 GALLEGOS 321 Third St. Michael Guerrero, paintings; guitar by Jesse Elias.
24. SHIPWRECK AND YARN 430 Third St. Gabriella, paintings and drawings.
25. CLARKE PLAZA Third and E Sts.
26. CAFÉ NOONERS 409Opera Alley. Stencil artwork pieces from Arcata Art Institute.
27. HUMBOLDT BAY KEEPER 211 E St. Music by The Phoebes; Ted Trichilo, watercolors.
28. RAMONE’S 209 E St. Paula Cunningham, pet portraits; music by Soulful Sidekicks.
29. BOOKLEGGER 402 Second St.
30. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. Linda Sundquist, paintings.
30a. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Alyssa Cose, abstract painting.
30b. NORTH SOLES 417 Second St. Bob & Donna Sellers, painted photography; SambAmore Dance Troupe and drummers.
30c. REFLECTIONS GALLERY 417 Second St. Refreshments served.
30d. COMMUNITY HEALTH ALLIANCE 417 Second St. Ste. 102 & 103 “Art of Your Health”.
31. OLD TOWN SQUARE Second and F Sts. MARZ Project presents Dance and Drum in Humboldt 7:30-8:30.
31a. SISTERFRIENDSJEANS 108 F St.
32. HSU FIRST STREET GALLERY 422 First St. Mimi LaPlant, My Life as an Artist, a survey of works, 1973-2010.
33. HEALTHSPORT BY THE BAY 423 First St. Laura Lampley, Moblie Medical in Action, photographs.
34. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT F St. Plaza. Richard Duning.
34a. SEA BREEZE CANDY AND TEE’S F St. Plaza.
35. VANITY 109 F St. Meet and Greet Paul Gallegos.
35a. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St.
35b. HUMBOLDT ACUPUNCTURE 123 F St. Suite F. Asian art.
36. 416 Second St. (Formerly Geppetto’s) Meet and greet with Paul Hagen candidate for District Attorney.
36a. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 408 Second St. Maureen Fitzgerald, Women of the World.
36b. BELLA BASKETS 412 Second St. Lost Coast Daily Painters Group; food demo with Sweet Mama Janisse from Bless My Soul Cafe.
36c. EUREKA FABRICS 420 Second St. Connie Rose, textile art.
36d. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St.
36e. SHORELINES GALLERY 434 Second St. Yardbirds, metal art.
37. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 Second St.
37a. ALL UNDER HEAVEN 212 F St. Gus Clark, Golden SkyBird Show.
37b. TALISMAN BEADS 214 F St.
38. MOON’S PLAY AND LEARN 218 F St. Alder Grove Charter School artwork.
39. SASAFRASS 226 F St.
40. BAA BAA SHEEPSKIN 234 F St. Becky Saucedo, handmade recession pillow case dresses and tops.
41. DOT & DAUGHTER 311 F St.
42. COCO & CUVEE 531 Third St. Joliene Bourassa, Fears & Phobias, function art and magnet boards.
43. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third St. Kids Alive Program Drop off 5:30-8:00; call for reservations 443-9694.
43a. AMERICAN INDIAN ART AND GIFT 233 F St.
44. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Linda Wise, metal sculpture.
45. BON BONIERE 215 F St. Eureka High School Arts Department, mixed media; music by Dale Winget.
46. OLD TOWN COFFEE and CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Karen Merry, watercolors; Jim Lahman Band, soft rock.
47. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Corner of 2nd and F Sts. Kathryn Hedges, botanical photographs; Baroque music by Alysia Gibbs, Gregg Moore and Katy Hartridge.
48. HOLLYGOLIGHTLY 514 Second St. Colorful, floral paintings.
48a. OBERON GRILL 516 Second St. Photographs of Old Eureka from Historical Society.
49. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St. Amy Lou Bags.
50. HURRICANE KATE'S 511 Second St. Artist Chris Wisner, Produce as Art photography from Community Alliance of Family Farmers Calendar and Locally Delicious Cookbook.
51. PLUS MODES 527 Second St.
51a. HIMALYAN RUG TRADER 529 Second St. Rugs from Katmandu; Music by Yo Tengo.
52. BUHNE ART STUDIOS 207 G St. (Second Floor) Karen Merry, watercolor and pen and ink; Fran Kuta, Studio 109, oil paintings: Erik Horvath, Studio 206.
53. HUMBOLDT CARPET SHOWROOM AT THE GALLERY Second & G St. Jay Brown.
53a. SUKI BOUTIQUE 612 Second St. Barry Post, illustrations; Tony Machado.
54. PIANTE 620 Second St. Peggy Loudon and Naomi Mest, Threshold, ceramic sculpture; Mary Randlett Landscape as Poetry, photography.
54a. ESKRA INSURANCE 622 Second St. Linda Griffin.
55. SMUGS PIZZA 626 Second St. Marcus West.
55a. CLOUD NINE 634 Second St. Artist Helen Rust
56. AVALON Third & G Sts. William S. Pierson, Photography 2007-2009
57. UPSTAIRS ABOVE THE LOST COAST BREWERY 615 Fourth St.
58. STUDIO S 717 Third St. Quilt show by Redwood Empire Quilters.
59. HAS BEANS 738 Second St. Open Mic 6-9 p.m.
60. BIGFOOT COMPUTERS AND PHOTOGRAPHY TOO… 905 Third St.
61. ADORNI CENTER 1011 Waterfront Dr. The Ink People Center for the Arts presents its May 2010 Gallery Show and Reception.
61. ANTIQUES AND GOODIES 1128 Third St. Kathleen Bechler, fiber arts; hats by Dale Lee; and Art for KEET.
62. LOOKING GLASS RESTAURANT 1436 Second St. Natalie Craig, mixed media.