First Saturday Night Arts Alive! Is proudly presented by USBank, with Eureka Main Street and the Humboldt Arts Council Opening receptions for artists, exhibits, and/or performances August 7 6-9 p.m. Phone 707-442-9054, for more information.
1. WORLD CUP 1626 F St. Paul Krakow, photographs.
1a. ST. INNOCENT ORTHODOX CHURCH 939 F St. Jeff Jensen, A Declaration of Circular Process, paintings.
2. TREASURE TROVE 609 E St. Don Ciancio, redwood planters, burl clocks, birdhouses.
2. EUREKA INN 518 Seventh St. Dave's Stonecraft jewelry; Ellen Bryant, vintage hat collection; Susan Block, glass flower sculptures; Trey Hale Galleries, photographs.
3. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda: 3 Mediums; William Thonson Gallery: Cathleen Daly: Beyond Beauty, A Decade of Watercolors; Homer Balabanis Gallery: Morris Graves & Selections from the Humboldt Arts Council Permanent Collection; Knight Gallery: Selections from the Humboldt Arts Council Permanent Collection; Anderson Gallery: Jesse Allen, The Psyche and Nature, paintings; Mel Schuler Sculpture Garden: Richard Kistler; Youth Gallery: Olga Dahl; Second Saturday Family Arts Day Gallery: Children's pirate artwork.
3a. EUREKA THEATER 612 F St. Music by Shin Bone.
3b. ANNEX 39 610 F St.
4. EUREKA OLD GLASS HOUSE & ANTIQUES/EUREKA SOAP FACTORY 604 F St. Donna Sellers; Suzi Sicard, handcrafted beeswax ornaments.
5. DALIANES TRAVEL 522 F St. Robert Lopez, paintings and drawings.
6. SWANLUND'S CAMERA 527 F St. Michael Kenna, paintings.
6a. OBENTO'S 517 F St
7. SACRED PALACE BOUTIQUE - BIKRAM YOGA - HUMBOLDT BRANCH 516 Fifth St. Artist Angelina Lasko, photographs; live Yoga art at 7:30; live music.
8. OASIS 520 Fifth St. Art Sidewalk Sale; Open mic with altONE and Kid Telex followed by a Dubstep After Party.
9. PLAZA DESIGN 427 F St. Karen Merry, watercolors; music by Robb Agee.
9a. REDWOOD ART ASSOCIATION 423 F St. 52nd Summer Exhibition, Art as Community.
10. INDAH BALI 440 F St. Tom Fossier, Betsy Roberts, Lauren Wright, Yab Yummy Jewelry; Music by Good Company.
10a. SURFSIDE BURGER SHACK 445 Fifth St. Music by the John David Young Trio.
11. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 Fifth St. Ayla Khan, wearable art.
12. WELLS FARGO ADVISORS GALLERY 318 Fifth St. Donna Bush, water scenes in watercolors.
12a. NORTH COAST REPERTORY THEATRE 300 Fifth St. Over the River and Through the Woods.
13. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. Fortuna Camera Club.
14. EMPIRE SQUARED 47 W. Third St. Photo-based art.
15. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY at the Studio 272 C St. Rachelle Aubrey, Getaway.
16. ACCIDENT GALLERY 210 C St. Scott Hemphill, For the Love of Sea, copper sculptures; Bethany Forloney, Simple as a Flower, mixed media paintings; music by The Captain.
16a. HALL GALLERY 208 C St.Georgia Long, David Hodes, Faye Hon, Curtis Otto, John King, Regina Case.
16b. SAILORS' GRAVE TATTOO 138 Second St.
16c. MANTOVA'S TWO STREET MUSIC 124 Second St. Eureka Brass Band.
16d. LIVELLA STUDIOS (Music Recording Studio/Art Gallery) 120 Second St. Alejandro Escudero Ochoa, psychedelic artwork; live studio recording with the Mob Brothers.
17. STEVE AND DAVE'S First and C Sts. Music with Dr. Squid; photography by John Harland.
17a. REDWOOD CURTAIN 220 First St. Sharon Falk-Carlsen, Diane Williams, Murline Georgeson and John Lynch, photoraphs; live music.
18. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Traditional Southwest artists' prints. Music by The Tumbleweeds.
18a. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. Sheldon Chase, acrylic paintings.
19. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Thao le Khac, watercolors; jazz by Bill & Dave.
20. ART OF WINE 308 Second St. Paintings.
21. HEALING ARTS CENTER 320 Second St. Upstairs, Suite 2A Tina Allen, CMT. Ashley Foreman, visionary art.
22. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. Eric Williams, acrylic paintings; Amy Simon, chain mail jewelry, and candles; Carol Nelson, vintage jewelry and gifts.
23. CIARA'S IRISH SHOP 334 Second St. Paul Dixon, photographs of Ireland.
24. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM Third and E St. 1960s fashions, news magazines, photos and many other items.
25. SHIPWRECK AND YARN 430 Third St. Matt Porr.
26. HUMBOLDT BAY KEEPER 211 E St. Donna Bush, watercolors; music Kenny Ray & the Mighty Rovers.
27. RAMONE'S 209 E St. Kasha Mann, wall sculptures; Music by The Phoebes.
28. BOOKLEGGER 402 Second St.
29. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. Carolyn Furman and Susan Cooper, oil paintings.
30. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Jessica McCollough, photographs.
30a. NORTH SOLES 417 Second St. Bobbi Bennetzen, impressionistic paintings.
30b. OLD TOWN SQUARE Second and F Sts.
31. FIRST STREET GALLERY 422 First St. HSU Art Department Alumni Heather Cruce, Dorian Daneau, Jennifer Divine, Kelley Donahue, Kacie Flynn, Dan Hapgood, Annakatrin Kraus, Elizabeth Lipski, Ruth Miller, Toni Moss, Jimmie Nord, Charissa Schulze, Seth Simpson, Victoria Viramontes, and April Zariczny.
32. SISTERFRIENDSJEANS 108 F St. Camile Sanford, acrylic and water soluable oils on canvas.
33. F STREET PLAZA On the Boardwalk. Live music.
33a. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT F St. Richard Duning.
33b. SEA BREEZE CANDY AND TEE'S F St. Jelly Bean Mural by Alice Burney School students.
34. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St. Artist Paula Anderson, watercolors.
35. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 408 Second St. Artist Mari Person, photographs.
36. BELLA BASKETS 412 Second St. Matthew Filar, photographs of Humboldt Crabs Baseball Team.
36a. EUREKA FABRICS 420 Second St. Key Heikamp, weavings.
36b. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St. Cecelia Holland, book signing.
36c. SHORELINES GALLERY 434 Second St. New metal art by Yardbirds.
37. MANY HANDS GAL LERY 438 Second St. Lunel Haysmer.
37a. ALL UNDER HEAVEN 212 F Gus Clark, Golden SkyBird Show.
37b. TALISMAN BEADS 214 F St.
38. MOON'S PLAY AND LEARN 218 F St.
39. SASAFRASS 226 F St.
40. BAA BAA SHEEPSKIN 234 F St.
41. DOT & DAUGHTER 311 F St. Store closing.
42. COCO & CUVEE 531 Third St. Adam Foster, Frank Shelley, and Kari Shoberg, local photographs.
42a. DANNILYNN'S SHOE BOUTIQUE 527 Third St. Sarah Swanlund, paintings; Tareshah Lois Ferguson, jewelry.
43. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third St. Kids Alive Program Drop off 5:30-8:00; call for reservations 443-9694. Dawn Woodman, Native American jewelry.
44. AMERICAN INDIAN ART & GIFT SHOP 241 F St. Eldon Sanderson, glass etchings.
44. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Mixed media including pottery, painting, and much more.
45. BON BONIERE 215 F St. The Sanborn Watercolor Critique Group.
46. OLD TOWN COFFEE and CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Randy Mayers, photographs; live music by Spudgun.
47. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Corner of 2nd and F Sts. Richard Gustafson, abstract photographic images and Death Valley panoramas; live music by Wynsome Winds, clarinet duets with Joyce Carter and Karen Sack.
48. HOLLYGOLIGHTLY 514 Second St. Paintings with Summer Color.
48a. OBERON GRILL 516 Second St. Photographs of Old Eureka from Historical Society.
49. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St. Found oil paintings from the late Viola Russ McBride's private collection; Karen Sullivan, paintings.
50. HURRICANE KATE'S 511 Second St. Linda Sundquist, large scale floral oil paintings.
51. THE LOBBY CAFÉ 525 Second St. Peter Zambas, representational oils on linen and panel. Music by DJ Cheasy Listening.
51a. PLUS MODES 527 Second St. Russ Brown and Wylie Landry.
51b. HIMALYAN RUG TRADER 529 Second St.
52. BUHNE ART STUDIOS 207 G St. (Second Floor) Karen Merry; Fran Kuta, Studio 109, oil paintings: Erik Horvath, Studio 206.
53. HUMBOLDT CARPET SHOWROOM AT THE GALLERY Second and G St. Mara Rizzo, Emotional Biology; Sasha Pepper.
53a. SUKI BOUTIQUE 612 Second St. Shawn Griggs.
54. PIANTE 620 Second St. Alicia Tredway, Studio Survey; Gwen Thoele, Mining Dad's Images.
55. SMUGS PIZZA 626 Second St. Andrew Meinzer.
56. AVALON Third & G Sts. William S. Pierson, Photography 2007-2009.
57. UPSTAIRS ABOVE THE LOST COAST BREWERY 615 Fourth St.
58. STUDIO S 717 Third St. Paintings of Humboldt County.
59. HAS BEANS 738 Second St. Open Mic 6-9 p.m.
60. BIGFOOT COMPUTERS AND PHOTOGRAPHY TOO... 905 Third St. YART Sale; Mariana Krattiger, mixed media paintings.
61. ADORNI CENTER 1011 Waterfront Dr. The Ink People Center for the Arts: Synapsis Presents Circus of the Sacred Search, installation art.
62. HUE SOUTHEAST ASIAN CUISINE 1039 Fourth St. Lateal Schumpert, mixed media.
62a. HUMBOLDT COMPUTERS.com 1103 Fourth St. at L St. Jon Marx, Jon Marx Photography.
63. LOOKING GLASS RESTAURANT 1436 Second St. Barry Post.