First Saturday Night Arts Alive! Is proudly presented by USBank, with Eureka Main Street and the Humboldt Arts Council Opening receptions for artists, exhibits, and/or performances Sept. 4 6-9 p.m. Phone 707-442-9054, for more information.
1. WORLD CUP 1626 F St. Rachel Schlueter.
1a. ST. INNOCENT ORTHODOX CHURCH 939 F St. Group show, paintings, drawings, prints and photographs.
2. TREASURE TROVE 609 E St. Frances Cinardo, handmade jewelry from the land and sea.
2. EUREKA INN 518 Seventh St. Trey Hale Galleries, landscape and nature photography; Susan Bloch, glass flower sculptures; Ellen Bryant, vintage hat collection; Jabot's Holly vogue Vintage Boutique. Alex Begovic Catering, food demonstration. The Ferndale Blues Vendetta, live music.
3. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda: The Meadowood String Quartet; William Thonson Gallery: Autumn Art Auction; Homer Balabanis Gallery: Morris Graves & Selections from the Humboldt Arts Council Permanent Collection; Knight Gallery: Selections from the Humboldt Arts Council Permanent Collection; Anderson Gallery: 62 Years of Art, A Retrospective of Art by Floyd Bettiga; Mel Schuler Sculpture Garden: Richard Kistler; Youth Gallery: Indian Paintbrushers; Second Saturday Family Arts Day Gallery: Children's panda and bamboo artwork.
4. EUREKA THEATER 612 F St. Music by Subject to Change.
4a. ANNEX 39 610 F St.
5. EUREKA OLD GLASS HOUSE & ANTIQUES/EUREKA SOAP FACTORY 604 F St. Donna Sellers; Suzi Sicard, handcrafted bees wax ornaments; hand crafted soaps from Eureka Soap Factory.
6. OBENTO'S 517 F St.
7. SACRED PALACE BOUTIQUE - BIKRAM YOGA - HUMBOLDT BRANCH 516 Fifth St. Angelina Lasko, photographs; live Yoga art at 7:30.
8. OASIS 520 Fifth St. Sidewalk sale with photographs, paintings, and prints; Open mic with altONE and Kid Telex, Dubstep After Party.
9. PLAZA DESIGN 427 F St. Karen Merry, watercolors; Music by The Tesla Duo.
9a. REDWOOD ART ASSOCIATION 423 F St. Humboldt Photography Exhibition. Awards ceremony at 5:30 p.m.
10. INDAH BALI 440 F St. Music by Good Company; cheese and wine.
10a. SURFSIDE BURGER SHACK 445 Fifth St. TBA
11. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 Fifth St. Eric Krobly, Coldwater.
12. WELLS FARGO ADVISORS GALLERY 318 Fifth St. Donna Bush, water scenes in watercolors.
13. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. New photographs by the Fortuna Camera Club.
14. EMPIRE SQUARED 47 W. Third St. A Character Show.
15. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY at the Studio 272 C St. Allen Cassidy, Sarah Chamberlain, Jaimal Kordes, Dawn Wentworth, Elizabeth Kordes, and Cicely Ames, paintings; special Sculpture Sale in the sculpture room.
16. ACCIDENT GALLERY 210 C St. With cooperation from the Taipei Cultural Center, New York City; Going Green: New Environmental Art from Taiwan. Reception and gallery talk by curator Jane Ingram Allen.
16a. HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Georgia Long, David Hodes, Faye Hon, Curtis Otto, John King and Regina Case.
16b. SAILORS' GRAVE TATTOO 138 Second St. Skin art.
16c. MANTOVA'S TWO STREET MUSIC 124 Second St. Eureka Brass Band.
16d. LIVELLA STUDIOS (Music Recording Studio/Art Gallery) 120 Second St. Alejandro Escudero Ochoa, psychedelic artwork; live studio recording with the Mob Brothers.
17. STEVE AND DAVE'S First and C Sts. Live music by Dr. Squid; John Harland, photographs.
17a. REDWOOD CURTAIN 220 First St. Daniel C. Nyiri.
18. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Traditional Southwest artists' prints.
18a. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. Joele Wiliams, art glass and acrylic painting; Ian Herriott, Celtic Zodiac, watercolor and colored pencils.
19. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Carmel Reyes, Merc in Retro, acrylic on canvas; Music with Todd Krider.
20. ART OF WINE 308 Second St. Group show, abstract paintings.
21. HEALING ARTS CENTER 320 Second St. Upstairs, Suite 2A. Christa Cottrell.
22. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. Paula Hamon, clayworks; Jim Cernohlavek, pottery/masks; Millie Quam, bead jewelry.
23. CIARA'S IRISH SHOP 334 Second St. Sara Westfahl, paintings.
23a. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM Third and E St. New exhibits on the 1960s, local pharmacies, and newspapers.
24. BONNIE NEELY CAMPAIGN HEADQUARTERS 426 St. Robert Daugherty.
25. SHIPWRECK AND YARN 430 Third St. Matt Porr.
26. HUMBOLDT BAY KEEPER 211 E St. Donna Bush, watercolors; music by Bret Harte Breakers.
27. RAMONE'S 209 E St. Rosalie Thompson; live music by The Sidekicks.
28. BOOKLEGGER 402 Second St. Art of the book.
29. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. Carolyn Furman and Susan Cooper, oil paintings.
30. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Shauna Mayfield, Goddess paintings.
30a. NORTH SOLES 417 Second St. Willie McCarthy, Beth Gin, Joan Hula, Rachel Schlueter, Palate Concepts.
30b. OLD TOWN SQUARE Second and F Sts.
31. FIRST STREET GALLERY 422 First St. A Faculty and Staff Exhibition.
32. SISTERFRIENDSJEANS 108 F St. Camile Sanford, acrylic and water soluable oils on canvas.
33. F STREET PLAZA On the Boardwalk. Live music.
33a. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT F St. Richard Duning, plaza artwork.
33b. SEA BREEZE CANDY AND TEE'S F St. Alice Burney School Jellybean Mural.
34. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St. Donna Bush.
35. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 408 Second St. Mari Person, photographs.
36. BELLA BASKETS 412 Second St. Brooklyn Marvin, photographs.
36a. EUREKA FABRICS 420 Second St. Key Heikamp, weavings.
36b. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St. North Redwoods Book Arts Guild.
36c. SHORELINES GALLERY 434 Second St. Exotic Sands.
37. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 Second St. Lunel Haysmer, recycled objects.
38. ALL UNDER HEAVEN 212 F St. Gus Clark, Golden SkyBird Show.
30. TALISMAN BEADS 214 F St.
40. SASAFRASS 226 F St.
41. BAA BAA SHEEPSKIN 234 F St.
42. COCO & CUVEE 531 Third St. Adam Foster, Frank Shelley, and Kari Shoberg local photographs, black & white and color.
42a. DANNILYNN'S SHOE BOUTIQUE 527 Third St. Sarah Swanlund, paintings; Tareshah Lois Ferguson, jewelry.
43. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third St. Kids Alive Program Drop off 5:30-8:00; call for reservations 443-9694. Dawn Woodman, Native American jewelry.
44. AMERICAN INDIAN ART & GIFT SHOP 241 F St. Lonnie Wheat, beadwork & t-shirts.
44. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Randolph Torres, wood sculpture.
45. BON BONIERE 215 F St. The Sanborn Watercolor Critique Group.
46. OLD TOWN COFFEE and CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Music by Tar Beach Quartet.
47. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Corner of 2nd and F Sts. Hans Spek, landscapes; Wynsonme Winds, classical and jazz flute duets.
48. HOLLYGOLIGHTLY 514 Second St. Floral paintings.
48a. OBERON GRILL 516 Second St. Photographs of Old Eureka from Historical Society
49. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St. Mirador Glass jewelry. Hand blown, functional glass art.
50. HURRICANE KATE'S 511 Second St. Kathryn Stotter, fiber collage and media with reclaimed materials.
51. THE LOBBY CAFÉ 525 Second St. Peter Zambas, representational oils on linen and panel.
51a. PLUS MODES 527 Second St. Russ Brown and Wylie Landry.
51b. HIMALYAN RUG TRADER 529 Second St. Exotic Weavings.
52. BUHNE ART STUDIOS 207 G St. Yuma Lynch, Studio 106 landscape and mixed media paintings; Fran Kuta, Studio 109, oil paintings, guest artist Leslie Odelberg; Erik Horvath, Studio 206.
53. HUMBOLDT CARPET SHOWROOM Second and G Sts. Mara Rizzo, Emotional Biology - Exploring the Connection Between Internal Structure and the Human Condition; Sasha Pepper.
54. SUKI BOUTIQUE 612 Second St. Shawn Griggs.
55. PIANTE 620 Second St. Ellen Land-Weber, photographer, Far Away: From Valparaiso to Antartica; Alastair Bolton, Pimal Forms.
56. AVALON Third & G Sts. William S. Pierson, photography 2007-2009.
57. UPSTAIRS ABOVE THE LOST COAST BREWERY 615 Fourth St.
58. STUDIO S 717 Third St. David Hodes, seascapes.
59. HAS BEANS 738 Second St. Matt Brody's Musical Art
60. BIGFOOT COMPUTERS AND PHOTOGRAPHY TOO... 905 Third St. Mariana Krattiger, mixed media paintings; multiple artist YART Sale.
61. ADORNI CENTER 1011 Waterfront Dr. The Ink People Center for the Arts, Artists in Flight: 4th Annual North Coast SBCD Group Show; Music by Les Craig
62. HUE SOUTHEAST ASIAN CUISINE 1039 Fourth St. Lateal Schumpert, mixed media.
62a. HUMBOLDT COMPUTERS.com 1103 Fourth St. at L St. Jon Marx, photographs.
63. LOOKING GLASS RESTAURANT 1436 Second St. Jonathan Sparks, oil paintings.