Presented by the Humboldt Arts Council and Eureka Main Street. Opening receptions for artists, exhibits and/or performances are held the first Saturday of each month. Phone 442-9054 or go to www.eurekamainstreet.org, for more information or to have an exhibit/performance included.
A. AORNI CENTER Open Studios preview.
1. EUREKA INN 518 Seventh St. Ellen Bryant vintage hats. Jazz jam with Sugar Rum Larrys.
2. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda: Fred and Junior, String Jazz Duo; William Thonson Gallery: Schoolhouse Odyssey: Photographs by Diana Schoenfeld; Homer Balabanis Gallery: Morris Graves & Selections from the Humboldt Arts Council Permanent Collection; Anderson Gallery: Cathy Locke and Tracy Grubbs, Motion and Meaning; Knight Gallery: Mia Semingson, 39+ What comes Around, Goes Around; Mel Schuler Sculpture Garden: Anthony Johnson, Timeworn; Youth Gallery: Jacoby Creek Elementary School; Floyd Bettiga Gallery: Collectors Sale; Second Saturday Family Arts Day Gallery: Children's art.
3. TREASURE TROVE 609 E St. Jeannie Croy, Pawsitively Comfy fleeceware for people and pets.
4. DALIANES TRAVEL 522 F St. Photogals.
5. SWANLUND'S CAMERA Glen Crosby and Vaughn Hutchins, landscapes and portraits.
6. SACRED PALACE BOUTIQUE - BIKRAM YOGA - HUMBOLDT BRANCH 516 Fifth St.
7. ARKLEY CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS 412 G St.
8. NORTH COAST DANCE 426 F St. Scholarship Fundraiser and Garden Party $20. Savory garden fare and spirits; live auction, dutch raffle, games; dance to Mary Jo Casasnta.
9. INDAH BALI 440 F St. Live music with Gamelan.
10. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 Fifth St. Phillip King.
11. WELLS FARGO ADVISORS 318 Fifth St. Yvonne Kern, oil and watercolor paintings,
12. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. Somali Rabang, photos of flowers; Fortuna Skin Divers Club, underwater photographs.
13. EMPIRE SQUARED 47 W. Third St. Small Works Exhibition.
14. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY and THE STUDIO 272 C St. Iris Smith and Adam Wilson.
15. HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Face to Face, women painting women, a fundraiser for Planned Parenthood featuring Mollyanne Ritter, Linda Mitchell, Alicia Treadway, Regina Case, RK Schlueter, Ellen LeBel, Terry Oats, Francis Kuta, Joan Dunning, Lush Newton, Leslie Allan, Mimi LaPlant, Joyce Jonte and Karen Schubert; live music by Blake Ritter, Rich Kearns and DogBone.
16. THE WORKS 210 C St. Rhianna Gallagher, photographs; live music.
17. ACCIDENT GALLERY 210 C St.
18. SAILORS' GRAVE TATTOO 138 Second St.
18a. MANTOVA'S TWO STREET MUSIC 124 Second St. Music by Sour Cream.
18b. LIVELLA STUDIOS (Music Recording Studio/Art Gallery) 120 Second St. Artwork by Katrina Godsil, acrylic paintings, and Errol O'Fallalle; live music with The Mod Bros.
19. STEVE AND DAVE'S First and C Sts. Live music with Dr. Squid; John Harland, photographs.
19a. REDWOOD CURTAIN 220 First St. (Main Entrance through Snug Alley) Bea Stanley, oil paintings.
20. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Traditional Southwest artists' prints.
20a. ACCENT STYLING GALLERY 219 Second St. New in Old Town. Artist Lisa Landis, soft pastel paintings.
20b. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. Celeste Masson, photographs, Emerging Life.
21. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Tani Johnson, oils and watercolors; blues by The Back Seat Drivers.
21a. HEALING ART CENTER 320 Second St. Suite 2a. Free 10-minute massages by Tina Allen, CMT.
22. ROMANO GABRIEL SCULPTURE GARDEN 314 Second St. Accordion music with Justin Ross.
22a. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. Featuring Cara Rider, mosaics; Christine Siverts, watercolors; Vickie McDonald, bead jewelry; and Katelyn Lollich, shell jewelry.
23. CIARA'S IRISH SHOP 334 Second St. Irish Photographer Paul Dixon.
23a. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM Third and E St. New exhibits on Bedtime and Corkscrews. Book signing by Katie Ohlheiser, author of The Love of Agates; concert by Trombones@Four.
24. BELLA BASKETS 311 E St. Mary Louise Anderson, oils, drawings, and watercolors.
24a. 424 STUDIO 424 Third St. James Reid and Christopher Convoy, photographs.
24b. ORIGINS DESIGN LAB 426 Third St. Chris Frolking, paintings inspired by the beauty of nature.
24c. SHIPWRECK 430 Third St. Eric Daniels.
25. CAFÉ NOONER 409 Opera Alley Landscape paintings and photographs by Arcata Arts Institute at Arcata High.
26. HUMBOLDT BAYKEEPER 211 E St. Jenny Metz, silk paintings; music to be announced.
27. RAMONE'S 209 E St. Mistwood Montessori School; music The Dave and Bill Jazz Band.
28. BOOKLEGGER 402 Second St. Rain All Day Writers will be promoting their book Tales from the Lost Coast, from 7-8:30 p.m.
29. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. Reception for artist Allison Reed, showing her new masks.
30. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Kristy Method, photographs and mixed media.
30a. NORTH SOLES 417 Second St. Paula Anderson, watercolors.
31. SISTERFRIENDSJEANS 108 F St. Nancy Lawrence, Series of 12, acrylic paintings.
32. FIRST STREET GALLERY 422 First St. HSU Printmakers Exhibition. Produced by the students in the Museum and Gallery Practices Program, and curated by HSU Art Professor Sarah Whorf. Artists include instructor Sarah Whorf, Tim Camp, Kristy Eden, Max Garcia, Jorden Goodspeed, Patricia Guerrero, Brian Hennesy, Jeff Jensen, Heather Johnston, Sam Kirby, Arielle Kern, Jennifer McElroy, David Midgorden, Ruth Miller, Ozzy Ricardez, Marla Roach, Charissa Schulze, Justin Skillstad, Ryan Apaulding, Mailina Syvoravong, and Stephanie Vonderahe; Seascapes:Paintings and Watercolors by Jim McVicker and Steve Porter. Produced and curated by the students in the Museum and Gallery Practices Program. ?
33. GRAYSTONE JEWELERS First and E Sts. Fieldbrook School Fundraiser BBQ.
33a. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT F St. Plaza. Marceau Verdiere, paintings.
33b. SEA BREEZE CANDY AND TEES F St.
34. VANITY 109 F St. Featuring Curtis Otto, The Money and Marijuana Series.
34a. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St.
35. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 416 Second St. Live music: Gunsafe, dobo, accordion, and upright base; Christine Walden, paintings and shadowboxes.
35a. YARN 418 Second St. Ashley K. Sutherland, Industrial Seascapes.
36. EUREKA FABRICS 420 Second St. Ava Hilton, Textile Mythical Creatures.
36a. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St. Local Author Amy Stewart launches her new book Wicked Bugs.
36b. SHORELINES GALLERY 434 Second St. Scott Hemphill, bronze and copper work.
37. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 Second St. Phil Haysmer, wood spirits and forest creatures.
37a. ALL UNDER HEAVEN 212 F St. Fundraiser for the Tibet earthquake victims, featuring photos of Tibet.
38. TALISMAN BEADS 214 F St.
39. BAA BAA SHEEPSKIN 218 F St.
40.SASAFRASS 226 F St. Sidewalk Sale.
41. THE WINE SPOT 234 F St. Rick Gustafson, impressionistic photography; artist reception 6-9 p.m.
42. COCO & CUVEE 531 Third St. Gabrielle and Sargon Bacchus, creators of Humboldt Pin-Up Girls; live models.
42a. DANNILYNN'S SHOE BOUTIQUE 527 Third St. Dean Smith, shoe portraits.
43. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third St. Kids Alive Program Drop off 5:30-8 p.m.; call for reservations 443-9694.
44. AMERICAN INDIAN ART & GIFT SHOP 241 F St. Penny Gensaw, crocheted art.
44a. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Virginia Sutherland, watercolors.
45. BON BONIERE 215 F St. Eureka High School, mixed media; Dale Winget, guitar and vocals.
45a. CODY GALLERY 213 F St.
46. OLD TOWN COFFEE AND CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Ryan Bisio, acoustic orignal music; Ashley Sutherland, mixed media.
47. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Corner of 2nd and F Sts. Meet artist Cynthia Noble, watercolor paintings, Painting the North Coast Seasons; live flute duet by Joyce Carter and Mary Harper of Wynsome Winds.
48. HOLLYGOLIGHTLY 514 Second St. Floral paintings.
48a. OBERON GRILL 516 Second St. Permanent Display: Photographs of Old Eureka from Historical Society.
48b. ST. VINCENT DE PAUL 528 Second St. Live music.
49. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St. Locally made jewelry, handbags, soaps, lotions.
50. HURRICANE KATE'S 511 Second St. Chris Wisner, Capturing the Beauty and Culture of Agriculture, photographs.
51. VANCE LOBBY 525 Second St. Community members celebrate Mental Health Month, Art of Understanding, mixed media artwork.
51a. TESORI 527 Second St. Martha Jane Johnson, watercolors; Ashley Sutherland, mixed media.
51b. HIMALYAN RUG TRADERS 529 Second St.
52. PLAZA DESIGN 211 G St. Patricia Sennott; jazz music by Blue Lotus.
53. BUHNE ART STUDIOS 207 G St. (Second Floor): Karen Merry's Studio: Jane Good, watercolors; Yuma Lynch's Studio 106: William S. Pierson.
54. THE ART CENTER 616 Second St. Meredith Aldrich, watercolors.
55. PIANTE 620 Second St. William S. Pierson, What I See, new photographs.
55a. SMUG'S PIZZA 626 Second St. Amy Ward, drawings and paintings.
56. AVALON Third & G Sts.
57. UPSTAIRS ABOVE THE LOST COAST BREWERY 615 Fourth St. TBD.
58. STUDIO S 717 Third St. Floral Show featuring the works of 25 different artists.
59. HAS BEANS 738 Second St. Matt Brody; open mic.
60. INK PEOPLE CENTER FOR THE ARTS at ADORNI CENTER 1011 Waterfront Dr. 13th Annual North Coast Open Studios Artists' Preview: 60+ Artists; live music with Gregg Moore.
61. BIGFOOT COMPUTERS AND photographs TOO... 905 Third St. Mariana Krattiger, acrylic and oil paintings, multi media.
62. LINDEN & COMPANY Salon and Spa 1122 Fifth St. Makeup Artist to the Stars Kristine Chadwick.