Presented by the Humboldt Arts Council and Eureka Main Street. Opening receptions for artists, exhibits and/or performances are held the first Saturday of each month. Phone (707) 442-9054 or go to www.eurekamainstreet.org for more information or to have an exhibit or performance included.
1. EUREKA INN 518 Seventh St. Lauren Cogan Jones, mixed media.
2. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda: The Soulful Sidekicks, a duet featuring Ginger Casanova on guitar, banjo and vocals and Laura Hennings on guitar, harmonica and vocals. William Thonson Gallery, The Left Edge Atrium and Rotunda Gallery: selections from the Humboldt Art Council permanent collection. Homer Balabanis Gallery: Humboldt Artist Gallery featuring representational and abstract paintings, prints, jewelry, photographs and ceramics. Anderson Gallery: "Botanically Inclined." Knight Gallery: Gary Cawood. Floyd Bettiga Gallery: "Meet Morris." Youth Gallery: MGMA Museum Art School, art created in the 2012-2013 sessions.
4. REDWOOD ART ASSOCIATION 603 F St. "Art as Community." 93 pieces by 64 artists. Watercolor, oil, and acrylic painting to various forms of printmaking, photography, mixed media and sculpture.
5. BOHEMIAN MERMAID 511 Sixth St. New glass art pendants by Joele Williams, local beach photography by Dave J Struthers, copper art by Amber Jones, fine beaded jewelry by Merit Cape.
6. F STREET FOTO GALLERY at Swanlund's Camera, 527 F St. "ANSEL ADAMS AMERICAN LANDSCAPES 1923 – 1968", American photographer and environmentalist. Remembered for his black and white photographs of the American landscape, especially his images of Yosemite National Park.
7. THE LOCAL 517 F St. Jenna Aiello, prints and other mixed media.
8. SACRED PALACE BOUTIQUE 516 Fifth St. Peter Canclini, "Be Kind Anyway," photography.
8a. EUREKA STUDIO ARTS 526 Fifth St. A painting demonstration by artist/instructor Stock Schlueter from 6-7 p.m. Paintings by Schlueter and his students, along with work by fellow instructors Micki Dyson-Flatmo, Brent Eviston, Joan Gold, Kathy O'Leary, Rachel Schlueter and Amy Stewart.
9. LIVING ROOM GALLERY at MIKKI MOVES REAL ESTATE 805 Seventh St. Stock and Rachel Schlueter, paintings. The Vanishing Pints, performing. Masterly paintings, refreshments and civilized debauchery!
10. MANHARD CONSULTING 611 I St. Frank Speck, "Urban Landscapes," acrylic on canvas, refreshments served.
11. EUREKA SPA AND SALON 601 Fifth St. Complimentary hair chalking, braiding, stress fix ritual; live music, tbd.
12. SEWELL GALLERY FINE ART 423 F St. Richard Duning, "The Journey." Special exhibit, "Farewell to Michael Guerriero", serigraphs. Doug Felden and 4/4 Jazz performing; beverage sales benefit Access Humboldt.
13a. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 Fifth St. Shannon Korb, Material Boy and Vince Chritten, "DISILLUSION/Diamonds."
14. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. Katherine Ziemer, photography. Vince Cavatio, "Wave and Surfing," photography.
14a. HUMBOLDT REPUBLICAN CENTRAL COMMITTEE 311 Fifth St. Claudia Lima, acrylics.
15. PRIMATE TATU 139 Fifth St. Michael Arneson, "Old School Art."
16. BAR FLY PUB AND GRUB 91 Commercial St. Marnie Schneider, artwork; art from Kathleen Bryson's private collection. Music by the Blast Match, no cover, 9 p.m.
17. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY and THE STUDIO 272 C St. First solo show for Sarah Deniston, "Come Travel the World," paintings.
17a. C STREET STUDIOS AND HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Featuring David Steinhardt and Roberta Heidt-Preble.
18. SAILORS' GRAVE TATTOO 138 Second St. Tattoo related art, antiques and memorabilia.
18b. MANTOVA'S TWO STREET MUSIC 124 Second St. Classic rock by UFOB.
18c. THE BLACK FAUN GALLERY 120 Second St. Jessica Albee and Donica Wiesner, "Integral Embrace." Yoga session from 6-7 p.m. and a live set from DJ Gobi.
18d. SEE NO EVIL PHOTO GALLERY at SUITE C STUDIO 129 Second St. Sonny Belk, "Sweet Sea," digitally enhanced photography.
19. STEVE AND DAVE'S First and C streets. Marni Schneider, photography.
19a. REDWOOD CURTAIN 220 First St. (Main Entrance Through Snug Alley) Lobby Gallery: James Hildebrandt, paintings and shadow puppetry. "The Heir Apparent" 8 p.m. opening night with Gala reception, $17.
20. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Kylan Luken, photography.
20a. ACCENT GALLERY 219 Second St. Music by the Redwood Dixie Gators.
20b. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. Sarah Stednitz, "Seber Dream," paint, ink and charcoal.
21. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Amy Glasser, "Botanical Illustrations of Medicinal Herbs and Their Remedies," watercolors; Todd Krider, acoustic guitar.
22. THE SIREN'S SONG TAVERN 325 Second St., Suite. 102 Rhianna Gallagher, photography; Lindsey Battle and Corey, performing.
22a. BRENDA TUXFORD GALLERY 325 Second St. "DRRTY," an exhibition by the Giant Squid, a printmakers collective, and Ink People DreamMaker Project.
22b. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. Louise Zuleger, jewelry; Jim Cernohlavek, pottery; Jaime Weideman, dream catchers; Millie Quam, jewelry.
23. CIARA'S IRISH SHOP 334 Second St. Paul Dixon, "Scotland," photography.
23a. HUMBOLDT GLASS BLOWERS 214 E St. Monica Haff, paintings; pinball tournament.
24. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM Third and E streets. Artists Marlette Grant-Jackson and Loren Lavine; plus two new exhibits, "Quilts of Humboldt County" featuring our famous Grant quilt and "Natinixwe: The Hupa People." Regalia-maker, member of the Hupa tribe and co-curator Bradley Marshall will be available to answer questions and discuss Hupa history and culture. Also the Redwood Empire Quilters Guild will also be available to answer quilt-related questions and sell raffle tickets to win its Opportunity Quilt.
25. STUDIO 424 424 Third St. James Reid and Mark McKenna, photography.
26. SHIPWRECK 430 Third St. Jesse Wiedel, paintings of psychic trauma, flying objects and mysterious holes.
27. CAFÉ NOONER 409 Opera Alley Chris Hungerford, paper sculptures; The Living Rooms, performing.
27a. CLARKE PLAZA Scotia Band, performing.
28. RAMONE'S 209 E St. Cicely Ames, watercolors and black ink art; Dr. Cheryl & Mr. Jay, acoustic guitar and vocals.
30. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. Ethan Bertz, local nature photography.
31. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Tina Gleave, paint on silk.
31a. NORTH SOLES 407 Second St. Stephen Infantino, acrylic on canvas.
33. HSU FIRST STREET GALLERY 422 First St. Jeremy Farrell, Erin Figueroa, Keith Fleury, Rhianna Gallagher, Erin Grady, Kelsey Hardwick, Nurelle Harrigan, Nicholas Hunt, Nickolas C. Hurlbut, Hannah Jacobs, Kasey Jorgensen, Bobby Latona, Greg Lysander, Jamari Montgomery, Aaron Morris, Shawn O'Connor, Amelia O'Dell, Clárissa Pezone, Hannah Pierce, Anna Schneider, Natalie Schoch, Maccabee Shelley, Justin Skillstad, Ryan Spaulding, Michael Sutter, Sean Sutter, Rosalie Thomson, Kiersten Travis-McKittrick, Sara Jo Wolf, Sarah Woodard, "Young Alumni, 2013," mixed media.
34. WHIPLASH CURVE JEWELERS 423 First St. Sharon Falk Carlsen, photography.
35. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT 1 F St. Plaza Huichol Indian Art from Mexico.
35a. LIVING THE DREAM ICE CREAM 1 F St. Sonny Wong, acrylic on canvas.
36. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St. Leslie Anderson, photography, plus she will be signing her book: "Common Birds of Northwest California."
37. EUREKA FABRICS 414 Second St. Nancy Kennedy, weaver, rugs and scarves.
37a. LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 416 Second St. Enter the Miniverse! A collaborative miniature art show featuring more than twelve local artists in an eclectic mix of medium, subject and style with one thing in common: All art included does not exceed five by five inches.
38. TREASURE TROVE 420 Second St. Sharon Collins, acrylics and oils.
38a. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St. Vintage posters.
38b. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 Second St. Laurel A. Gilkerson, "In This Moment," acrylic on canvas with mixed media
40. THE WINE SPOT 234 F St. Dave Van-Patten, mixed media; Jackson Falor-Ward, mixed media.
41. OLD TOWN JEWELERS 311 F St. Jody Bryan, watercolors.
42. COCO & CUVEE 531 Third St. Adam Foster, photography
43. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third streets. Kids Alive Program drop off 5:30-8 p.m.; call for reservations 443-9694.
44. AMERICAN INDIAN ART GALLERY 241 F St. Edward Bowie Sr., Native American paintings and other art.
44a. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Cynthia Noble.
44b. HUMBOLDT BAY COFFEE 526 Opera Alley Brent Noel Eviston, artwork; Rick Fugate's Unadulterated Accordion, performing; coffee tastings.
46. OLD TOWN COFFEE AND CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Eldon Green and Sarah Rodrigues, photography; Judy Robertson, acrylic paintings; Jim Lahman Band, performing.
47. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Corner of Second and F streets. Antoinette Magyar, "Shadow and Light," paintings.
48. OBERON GRILL 516 Second St. Permanent Display: historic photographs of old Eureka from Historical Society. Open late.
49. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St. Gina Mobley, alphabet photography.
49a. FIVE ELEVEN 511 Second St. Rob Hampson, large format paintings; The Uptown Kings, performing at 10 p.m.
51. PARASOL ARTS PAINT YOUR OWN POTTERY & MOSAICS 211 G St. Thomas Hunt, mosaic artist.
51a. HUMBOLDT BAY TOURISM CENTER 205 G St. Linda Mitchell, paintings.
52. ORANGE CUP CORAL SALON 612 Second St. Rob Hampson, abstract oils.
53. PIANTE 620 Second St. Dona Blakely and Russell Blakely.
55. SMUG'S PIZZA 626 Second St. Brandon Garland, pen and ink.
56. ORIGIN DESIGN LAB 621 Third St. Almond Blossom Arts & Crafts; textile artist Mari Penley, sustainable products using organic and re-purposed materials; Crafty Kids from 6-8 p.m., $15 per child. We will craft with your child while you check out the great art in Eureka. Call to reserve a spot at 497-6237; Guilty Apple, performing; food by Go Go Bistro.
57. STUDIO S 717 Third St. Multiple artists, paintings of water.
58. ADORNI CENTER 1011 Waterfront St. Clarissa Jones, oils, acrylics; Howard Rutherford, oils and watercolors; Melissa Zielinsky, glass; Paul Rickard, watercolors.
59. CASA BLANCA CATERING CO. 1436 Second St. Shawn Griggs, "Mexico On My Mind," oil paintings.