Presented by the Humboldt Arts Council and Eureka Main Street. Opening receptions for artists, exhibits and performances are held the first Satruday of each month. For more information, phone Eureka Main Street at 442-9054 or go to www.eurekamainstreet.org
1. EUREKA INN 518 Seventh St. Lauren Cogan Jones, mixed media.
2. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art, 636 F St. Performance Rotunda: Music by Chris Parreira and Friends. William Thonson Gallery: "19th Annual Junque Arte Competition & Exhibition," various artists, juried by SCRAP Humboldt. Atrium & Rotunda Gallery: Selections from the HAC permanent collection. Homer Balabanis Gallery: Humboldt Artist Gallery featuring representational and abstract paintings, prints, jewelry, photographs and ceramics. Anderson Gallery: "Night Meditations," Wayne Jiang, paintings. Knight Gallery: "Numina," Corey Drieth, paintings and drawings. Floyd Bettiga Gallery: "Meet Morris." Youth Gallery: selected works from the Children's Author and Illustrator Festival.
3. EUREKA THEATER 612 F St. Showing cartoons and serving popcorn.
4. REDWOOD ART ASSOCIATION 603 F St. "For the Love of Art and Architecture," exhibition exploring structural shapes and design.
5a. MEGARA'S 521 Sixth St. Lauren Katz, animation art.
6. DALIANES 522 F St. Redwood Decorative Artists, decorative painting.
7. F ST. FOTO GALLERY at Swanlund's Camera 527 F St. "Emerging Photographers," Daniel Southard, Brittney, Cathey-Adams, Chloe Hawkins, Mariah Sarabia, Rhianna Gallagher, Art Barab, Aaron Morris and Bryn Roberson.
7a. THE LOCAL 517 F St. Sergio Guzman, hand-crafted bottle openers.
8. SACRED PALACE BOUTIQUE 516 Fifth St. Music by Ron Villagrana.
8a. EUREKA STUDIO ARTS 526 Fifth St. "Ghost Opera," Brent Eviston, an ongoing project that explores crumpled paper. Eviston will also give a drawing demonstration.
9. MIKKIMOVES' LIVING ROOM GALLERY 805 Seventh St. "small town: BIG ART," Monica Topping, calendar launch and photos, including pieces from many of the featured artists. Calendar artists include Peggy Loudon, Rae Robison, Laurel Skye, Scott Hemphill, Scott Cocking, Elizabeth Berrien, Linda Wise, Christina Anastasia, Darin Mitchell, Duane Flatmo, Colin Vance and Matt Filar. A portion of sales will benefit the Arcata Arts Institute. Music by Ken Lawrence and Steve Smith of Dream Ticket.
10. EUREKA SPA AND SALON 601 Fifth St. Complimentary hair chalking, braiding, stress fix ritual. Artist TBA.
11. ROSE'S BILLIARDS 535 Fifth St. Music by Mark Hayes, acoustic guitar.
12. SEWELL GALLERY FINE ART 423 F St. "Oddworks," Orr Marshall. John Motian, oil paintings. Music by Tim Randles Trio. Beverage service benefits Coast Grove School.
12a. NORTH COAST DANCE 426 F St. Costume sale.
13a. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering, 401 Fifth St. Rachel Grusin, mixed media.
14. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. Winners of "Barns of Humboldt County" photo and art contest. Coffee shop side: "Ocean Scenes," Vince Cavataio, photography.
14a. HUMBOLDT REPUBLICAN CENTRAL COMMITTEE 311 Fifth St. D. Nickleson Miller, wildlife paintings.
15. PRIMATE TATU 139 Fifth St. "Old School Art," Michael Arneson. Also $25 cancer ribbon tattoos to raise money for childhood cancer research and care.
16. BAR FLY PUB AND GRUB 91 Commercial St. Marnie Schneider, artwork. Art from Kathleen Bryson's private collection.
17. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY and THE STUDIO 272 C St. "Inter Galaxies," Deanna Dutra, abstract acrylic paintings.
17a. C STREET STUDIOS & HALL GALLERY 208 C St. "Fabric Visions," Dana Jones.
18. SAILOR'S GRAVE TATTOO 138 Second St. Tattoo related art, antiques and memorabilia.
18b. MANTOVA'S TWO ST. MUSIC 124 Second St. Music by Angel Fargas, guitarist.
18c. THE BLACK FAUN GALLERY 120 Second St. "Birds," Allison Curtis, paintings.
19. STEVE AND DAVE'S First and C streets. Marni Schneider, photography.
19a. REDWOOD CURTAIN 220 First St. (Main Entrance Through Snug Alley). Sharon Millman, acrylic on canvas, landscape and portrait paintings, based on photographs of friends and family members.
19b. GALLAGHER'S IRISH PUB 139 Second St. Ron Thompson, oils.
20. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Kylan Luken, photography.
20a. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. Noelle Cox, oil paintings.
21. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Carrie Elizabeth Wachter Martinez, acrylics. Live painting throughout the evening. Music by Ken Collins, acoustic guitar and vocals.
21a. FOREVER YOUNG 308 Second St. Sydney Visser, photographs. Refreshments and drawings.
22. THE SIREN'S SONG TAVERN 325 Second St., Ste. 102 Scott Hemphill, sculptures.
22a. BRENDA TUXFORD GALLERY 325 Second St. "Maskibition," annual juried show featuring performances and art masks.
22b. ALTERNATIVE BUILDING CENTER 325 Second St. "Motion and Light," Jan Scurfield, photographs. Music by Kingfoot.
22c. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. Glenda Noel, pottery. Katya Newman, wire art. Liz Farrell, jewelry. Christine Siverts, watercolors.
23. CIARA'S IRISH SHOP 334 Second St. Sam and Angela Lundeen, oil paintings.
24. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM Third and E streets. "Humboldt State Turns 100," new exhibit featuring Susie Baker Fountain and the first graduating class, HSU's first Olympian Elta Cartwright, the Indian Teacher and Personnel Program and KHSU.
25. STUDIO 424 424 Third St. James Reid and Mark McKenna, photography.
26. SHIPWRECK 430 Third St. Dimitri Tokarsky, repurposed functional art.
27. CAFÉ NOONER 409 Opera Alley Jimmy Culian, photography. Music by The Living Rooms.
27a. CLARKE PLAZA Third and E streets. Live painters and dancers from Lighthouse Fortuna/Arcata, headed by Elizabeth Holloway. Music by Steve Clark and Denise Fraga, contemporary folk/rock.
28. HUMBOLDT BAYKEEPER 211 E St. "Lower Colorado River," Cynthia Hooper. Music by Kenny Ray and the Mighty Rovers.
28a. RAMONE'S 209 E St. Alex Felt, watercolor, ballpoint pen and acrylic portraits. Music by Chicken Dinner, old timey cowboy music.
29. BOOKLEGGER 402 Second St. Stewart Moskowitz, book signing and original artwork for the children's book Vincent van Goat.
30. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. "Dia de Los Muertos, Day of the Dead," Greta Turney.
31. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Paula Anderson.
31a. NORTH SOLES 407 Second St. Abbie Perrott, pastel watercolors.
32a. OLD TOWN SQUARE Humboldt Domestic Violence Services
33. HSU FIRST ST. GALLERY 422 First St. "Forest Invisible," Young Suh, photographs. "Eight Photographers from California's North Coast: A Moment in Time," Julie Clark, Ricardo Febré, Nicole Jean Hill, Vaughn Hutchins, Suk Choo Kim, Ellen Land-Weber, John Mahony and William S. Pierson.
34. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT F St. Plaza Richard Duning, paintings.
35. LIVING THE DREAM ICE CREAM #1 F St. Kathryn Stotler, mixed media.
36. EUREKA FABRICS 414 Second St. River Hughes, home decor and apparel.
37. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 416 Second St. Harley Demarest, dark and spooky works for Halloween month.
37a. YARN 418 Second St. Allison Jones Marsh, photographs.
38. TREASURE TROVE 420 Second St. Bongo, acrylic paintings.
38a. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St. Friends of the Library will have wine and books available for sale from the Author Festival.
38b. RIVERBEND CELLARS & MORE 434 Second St. Sonny Wong, small works.
38c. MANY HANDS GALLERY 438 Second St. "Half Embalmed: Anthropomorphic Taxidermy and Natural Curiosities," Simone Smith.
39. NATURE GEAR 226 F St. Artwork from Studio S.
40. THE WINE SPOT 234 F St. Frank Speck, oil on canvas.
41. OLD TOWN JEWELERS 311 F St. Alan Sanborn's Critic Class.
42. COCO & CUVEE 531 Third St. Jennifer Backman-Stone, acrylic on canvas, watercolor and mixed media.
43. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third streets. Kids Alive program drop-off 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Call for reservations 443-9694.
44. AMERICAN INDIAN ART GALLERY 241 F St. Joseph Thompson Martinez, chain mail jewelry.
44a. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Lisa Landis.
44b. HUMBOLDT BAY COFFEE 526 Opera Alley. Shiek vs. Wong, artwork. Music by One Wise Sound, featuring Vidagua.
46. OLD TOWN COFFEE and CHOCOLATES 211 F St. "Surrealistic Space Creatures," Angie. Music by Soulful Sidekicks, acoustic duo.
47. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Corner of Second and F streets. "Let's Eat," Jan Hollander, watercolor still life paintings.
49a. FIVE ELEVEN 511 Second St. Rob Hampson, large format oil paintings. Artwork 25% off during Arts Alive weekend.
50. WOLF DAWG 525 Second St. "Photo Wars," national winners thus far. Music by John David Young Conspiracy.
50b. HUMBOLDT HARDWARE 531 Second St. Lane Thomsen, wood turning.
51. PARASOL ARTS 211 G St. Thomas Hunt, mosaic art. Andrew Daniel, paintings.
52. HUMBOLDT BAY TOURISM CENTER Second and G streets. Linda Mitchell, paintings.
53. ORANGE CUP CORAL SALON 612 Second St. Rob Hampson, abstract oils.
54. PIANTE 620 Second St. "Water Ways," Becky Evans, mixed media painting and sculpture.
55. SMUG'S PIZZA 626 Second St. Brandon Garland, pen and ink drawings.
56. ORIGIN DESIGN LAB 621 Third St. "Metal and Leather: Women's Accessories." Athena Rose Ortega's Ruin and Redemption wearable art from up-cycled materials. Marnie Jane Cooper, designer for Jane Cooper and MarnieBugs.
57. STUDIO S 717 Third St. Artists' choice.
58. ADORNI CENTER 1011 Waterfront St. Lisa Polack, photographs. Stephanie Pyne, mixed media. Mariana Krattiger, water and acrylic. Paul Rickard, watercolors.