Presented by Eureka Main Street. Opening receptions for artists, exhibits and/or performances are held the first Saturday of each month. Phone Eureka Main Street at 442-9054 or go to www.eurekamainstreet.org for more information or to have an exhibit or performance included.
A. GALLERY GARAGE Ninth and F streets. "Noche Humanos," Kelly Myers, mini book signing.
1. EUREKA INN 518 Seventh St. Lauren Cogan Jones, mixed media.
2. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda: Music by Good Company, Celtic and British acoustic folk music. William Thonson Gallery: "Big Pictures," Suk Choo Kim, large scale photography created by stitching multiple images. Atrium & Rotunda Gallery: Selections from the HAC permanent collection. Homer Balabanis Gallery: Humboldt Artist Gallery featuring representational and abstract paintings, prints, jewelry, photographs and ceramics. Anderson Gallery: Humboldt Arts Council Annual Members Exhibition, juried show. Awards selected by the visitors to the exhibition. Join us and vote for your favorite. Knight Gallery: Selections from HAC collection: Women Artists. Floyd Bettiga Gallery: Gilbert Castro, unique ceramic tiles with iconic symbols. Youth Gallery: PTA Reflections: Believe, Dream, Inspire, a national arts recognition and achievement program since 1969. Museum Store/Permanent Collection Gallery: Selection of gifts and merchandise inspired by Morris Graves, Glenn Berry, Bruno Groth, Melvin Schuler, and Romano Gabriel.
3. EUREKA THEATER 612 F St. Larry Sanborn, artwork projected in high definition on the big screen.
4. REDWOOD ART ASSOCIATION 603 F St. "Off the Wall," annual holiday art sale where the customer can purchase the artwork and take it the very same day.
5. BOHEMIAN MERMAID 511 Sixth St. Celebrate our 1-year birthday party! Local art, clothing and jewelry. Music by Tommy & Dimitra Chase.
6. DALIANES 522 F St. Robert Lopez, pastels and acrylics.
7. F ST. FOTO GALLERY at Swanlund's Camera 527 F St. "The Fernbridge Revisited" by Redwood Camera Club, Sharon Falk-Carlsen, Thomas Bethune, Pam Cone, Diane Williams, John Lynch, Katherine Ziemer, Stilson Snow, Greg Nyquist, and Murline Georgeson.
7a. THE LOCAL 517 F St. Cheyenne, paintings.
7b. REDWOOD MUSIC MART 511 F St. Music by Dana Christen, piano, and Allen Lesser, violin.
8a. EUREKA STUDIO ARTS 526 Fifth St. "First Anniversary Party" Duane Flatmo, airbrush demo. "Small Works Invitational Exhibit," Regina Case, Joan Dunning, Becky Evans, Judy Evenson, Brent Eviston, Micki Dyson-Flatmo, Joan Gold, Carrie Grant, Joyce Jonte, Guy Joy, Jim McVicker, Linda Mitchell, Kathy O'Leary, Terry Oats, Leslie Odelberg, Steve Porter, Rachel Schlueter, Stock Schlueter, Amy Stewart, Alicia Tredway and Amy Uyeki. Music by Geoff Dougherty and Sam Maez, jazz. Food, wine, and drawing for prizes.
9. MIKKIMOVES' LIVING ROOM GALLERY 805 Seventh St. Humboldt County Student Art show and Competition. Judges: John Wesa, Stock Schlueter, Marceau Verdiere, Monica Topping. Music by Aber Miller, piano.
10. EUREKA SPA AND SALON 601 Fifth St. Complimentary hair chalking, braiding, stress fix ritual. Artist TBA.
11. BOLLYWOOD INDIAN CUISINE 535 Fifth St. Chrissy Fracker, portraits. Music by Halsey Ray.
11a. ROSE'S BILLIARDS 535 Fifth St. Music TBA.
12. GROSS BUILDING Fifth and F Streets. Melvin Schuler pieces from the private collections of Daniel and Jayne Ollivier and Edward Oliver, including some of Schuler's final works.
12a. SEWELL GALLERY FINE ART 423 F St. "Hidden Beauty, Landscapes of the North Coast," Kathy O'Leary, Alan Sanborn. Music by Blue Lotus. Beverage service benefits Friends of the Dunes.
13. NORTH COAST DANCE 426 F St. "Nutcracker," open rehearsals.
14a. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 Fifth St. "Muladhara," Ona Rox.
15. AMIGAS BURRITOS 317 Fifth St. "Barns of Humboldt County," winners of Humboldt County Farm Bureau photo and art contest. Coffee Shop: "Ocean Scenes," Vince Cavataio, photography.
16. PRIMATE TATU 139 Fifth St. "Old School Art," Michael Arneson.
17. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY and THE STUDIO 272 C St. "The Deep Blue — Art Inspired by the Ocean," group exhibition, drawings, paintings, ceramics, mosaics, sculpture, video and photography.
17a. C STREET STUDIOS & HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Natalie Craig, abstract art, John King and Regina Case.
18. SAILORS' GRAVE TATTOO 138 Second St. Tattoo-related art, antiques and memorabilia.
18b. MANTOVA'S TWO ST. MUSIC 124 Second St. Music by J.G. Jeffries 5-7 p.m., and The Hill 7-9 p.m.
18c. THE BLACK FAUN GALLERY 120 Second St. "Of Silhouettes and Shadows," Gail McDowell, painting, photography, collage and sculptural installation.
19. SWEET SEA STUDIO 129 Second St. Digital photography.
19a. GALLAGHER'S IRISH PUB 139 Second St. Ron Thompson, oil paintings.
20. BAR-FLY PUB AND GRUB 91 Commercial St. Marnie Schneider. Art from Kathleen Bryson's private collection. Music by the Last Match at 9 p.m.
21. STEVE AND DAVE'S First and C streets. Marni Schneider, photography.
21a. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Kylan Luken, photography.
21b. ACCENT STYLING GALLERY 219 Second St. Music by the Man in White.
21c. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. "How Am I Going To Explain This To My Mother?" Rachel Robinson, oil paintings.
22. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Ginny Dexter, photography. Music and vocals by Leah Tamara.
22a. FOREVER YOUNG 308 Second St. Casey Sanders, photography.
23. THE SIREN'S SONG TAVERN 325 Second St., Suite 102. Noelle Cox, oil paintings.
23a. BRENDA TUXFORD GALLERY 325 Second St. "Open Heart Show," open to community artists, live performances and visual art.
23b. ALTERNATIVE BUILDING CENTER 325 Second St. "Acrylic Vision," Ken Nunes, acrylic paintings. Music by La Patinas.
23c. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. Millie Quam, jewelry, Cara Rider, mosaics, Shullie Steinfeld, jewelry, Glenda Noel, pottery, and Mary-Ann Swan, pin art.
24. CIARA'S IRISH SHOP 334 Second St. Mary Anderson, oil paintings.
24a. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM 240 E St. "Humboldt State University," Katy Tahja, book signing. Music by Scotia Band.
24b. CALIFORNIA MENTOR 317 Third St. The Studio, multimedia. Music by Jennifer Breezeband,
25. BELLA BASKETS 311 E St. Martha Tilden, wire art.
26. STUDIO 424 424 Third St. James Reid and Mark McKenna, photography.
26a. SHIPWRECK 430 Third St. Laura Lee Pfeiffer, reclaimed wooden cabinets, frames and organic illustrations and custom prints from Steve Lazar's collection of custom prints of historic Humboldt County postcards. Sales benefit Humboldt County Historical Society.
27. CAFÉ NOONER 409 Opera Alley. Ryan Filgas, photography. Guy Fieri, wall art. Music by John Myers & Jim Silva, acoustic guitar.
27a. THE SPEAKEASY 411 Opera Alley "Roaring 20s," danceable mix of '20s and other vintage sounds.
28. HUMBOLDT BAYKEEPER 211 E St. Rick Urban, artwork. Music by Kenny Ray & the Mighty Rovers.
28a. RAMONE'S 209 E St. Art by Ramone's. Music by Fogliner, blues and rock.
30. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. Chapman White, oil paintings.
31. BELLE STARR 405 Second St. Cynthia Noble, watercolors.
31a. NORTH SOLES 407 Second St. "Women of the World," Maureen Fitzgerald, photography.
33. HSU FIRST STREET GALLERY 422 First St. "Ceramic Invitational," Nancy Frazier, Ryan Hurst, Marlena Kellogg, Peggy Loudon, Scott North, Michael Pearce, Clarissa Pezone and Keith Schneider. "Glass, Color, and Light," Demetri Mitsanas, mixed media.
33a. WHIPLASH CURVE 423 First St. Art by Nancy Ayers.
34. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT 1 F St. Plaza Richard Duning, paintings.
34a. LIVING THE DREAM ICE CREAM 1 F St. Lisa Green, acrylic pop portraits.
35. VANITY 109 F St. Sherri Dobay, wild animals.
35a. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St. Peggy Mocine, paintings.
36. EUREKA FABRICS 414 Second St. Meet and Greet the North Coast Dance Nutcracker dancers in costume.
37. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 416 Second St. Ben Zeitlin, drawings.
38. TREASURE TROVE 420 Second St. Kody Remala, photographs on wood silhouettes.
38a. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St. Northwestern Pacific Railroad Eureka to Willits, Alex Service and Susan O'Hara, and Our Story: The Ferndale Museum, Wendy Lestina, 6 to 7 p.m. Presidential Retreats, Peter Hannaford, and Conifer Country and Conifers of the Pacific Slope, Michael Kauffmann, 7 to 9 p.m. Eureka (Then and Now), Scott H. Brown, and Secrets of the Nest and Seabird in the Forest, Joan Dunning, 8 to 9 p.m.
39. TALISMAN BEADS 214 F St. "Advent Calendar," fundraiser for Mary Scott Angel fund. Handmade ornaments donated by local artists.
40. THE WINE SPOT 234 F St. Miniature show, featuring 15 local artists.
41. OLD TOWN JEWELERS 311 F St. "Favorite Watercolor Landscapes," Lauren Lester.
42. COCO & CUVEE 531 Third St. Humboldt Pin-ups, Sargon and Gabrielle Bacchus.
43. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third streets. Kids Alive program drop-off 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Call for reservations 443-9694.
44. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Annual members' show.
45. HUMBOLDT BAY COFFEE 526 Opera Alley. Stephanie Gurley, artwork. Music by Musaic.
46. OLD TOWN COFFEE and CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Darlene Marlow, photography, Beth Gin, paintings. Music by Humboldt Harmonaires.
47. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Second and F streets "Still Life and Landscape Plein-Air," Samuel Lundeen, oil paintings.
48a. ST. VINCENT DE PAUL 528 Second St. Photos with Santa.
49. FIVE ELEVEN 511 Second St. Rob Hampson, large format oil paintings, many of them multiple panels. Music by Uptown Kings.
50a. NORTH STAR QUEST 527 Second St. Cookie Cottage Contest 2013, from gingerbread houses to meringue mansions, bakers of all ages are invited to enter their confectionary creations. Show off your shortbread shanty to the Arts Alive! crowd, then at 8:30, we'll eat the town!
50b. HUMBOLDT HARDWARE 531 Second St. Monica Coyne, blacksmithing demostration.
51. PARASOL ARTS 211 G St. Robin Friedman, mosaic art and glass fused jewelry.
52. HUMBOLDT BAY TOURISM CENTER Second and G streets. Linda Mitchell, paintings.
53. ORANGE CUP CORAL SALON 612 Second St. Rob Hampson, abstract oil paintings, Meagan Russin, jewelry. Music by the Hip Replacements.
54. PIANTE 620 Second St. Martin Sanderson Morgan, drawings, charcoal and pastel on paper.
55. SMUG'S PIZZA 626 Second St. Brandon Garland, pen and ink.
57. STUDIO S 717 Third St. Multiple artists.
58. ADORNI CENTER 1011 Waterfront St. Barbara Saul, acrylic and mixed media.
58a. SCOUTSHIP GALLERY Small Gallery aboard the Sea Scout boat docked at either C, F or Bonnie Gool public dock. Ruth B. Canaway, M.F.A., paintings.