Presented by the Humboldt Arts Council and Eureka Main Street. Opening receptions for artists, exhibits and/or performances are held the first Saturday of each month. Phone (707) 442-9054 or go to www.eurekamainstreet.org for more information or to have an exhibit or performance included.
2. HUMBOLDT ARTS COUNCIL at the Morris Graves Museum of Art 636 F St. Performance Rotunda: Music by Chubritza, international. William Thonson Gallery: "Looking at Fire," Conrad Calimpong, wood fire ceramics. Homer Balabanis Gallery: Humboldt Artist Gallery featuring representational and abstract paintings, prints, jewelry, photographs and ceramics. Anderson Gallery: "Paintings and Works on Paper," Melissa Gwyn, oil paintings on panels, oil sketches and watercolor paintings. Knight Gallery: "Considering Orange," John W. Woods. Youth Gallery: "4th Annual Redwood Coast Peace through Poetry and Art," Humboldt County high school students, poems and art on peace and non-violence.
3. EUREKA THEATER 612 F St. "Heart's Alive," art from local artists on the big screen.
4. REDWOOD ART ASSOCIATION 603 F St. "2014 New Year Exhibition."
6. DALIANES 522 F St. "Interpretive Landscapes," Barbara J. Pulliam, drawings and prints; "Figurative Art," Carol LaLonde, watercolors, drawings and collage.
7. F ST. FOTO GALLERY at Swanlund's Camera 527 F St. "Paving the Way, Photography Professors Past and Present," Ellen Land-Weber, Mark Larson, Lorraine Miller-Wolf, Bill Pierson, Diana Schonfield and Jim Toms, photography by HSU and CR teachers 1974-2012.
7a. THE LOCAL 517 F St. Pam Carothers, acrylic, oil and watercolors.
8. SACRED PALACE - BIKRAM YOGA – HUMBOLDT 516 Fifth St. Cora Bird, drawings.
8a. EUREKA STUDIO ARTS 526 Fifth St. Tina Gleave, silk paintings and silk demo.
9. MIKKIMOVES' LIVING ROOM GALLERY 805 Seventh St. "Arcata Creamery District Art Show," Lush Newton, Malia Matsumoto, Bob Doran, Suk Choo Kim, Virgil Bouler, Timmaree Finigan, Brian Federici, Jay Forbes, Art Jimenez, Larry Schlussler, Brian and Lisa Finigan-Thonson, Imagine Jewelry, et al. Various works by residents or artists depicting the neighborhood. Music by the Birdhouse Band. 5% of sales go to a nonprofit of the buyer's choosing.
10. EUREKA SPA AND SALON 601 Fifth St. Complimentary hair chalking, braiding and stress fix ritual. Artist TBA.
11. BOLLYWOOD INDIAN CUISINE 535 Fifth St. Chrissy Fracker, portraits. Music by Halsey Ray.
11a. ROSE'S BILLIARDS 535 Fifth St. Music TBA.
12. HUMBOLDT REPUBLIC 535 Fourth St. Canvases by Humboldt Republic.
13. SEWELL GALLERY FINE ART 423 F St. "Casting Change," George Bucquet, hot cast glass; Steve Porter, paintings. Music by Holbrook, Bear and Wilson Trio. Beverage service benefits Access Humboldt.
13a. BLACK LIGHTNING MOTORCYCLE CAFÉ 440 F St. Stephen Brisken, motorcycle photography.
14a. SIDEWALK GALLERY at Ellis Art and Engineering 401 Fifth St. Jodie Loghry.
15. COLLEGE OF THE REDWOODS COMMUNITY EDUCATION 525 D St. Penny Fregeau, acrylic paintings. Music by Roland Rock.
16. PRIMATE TATU 139 Fifth St. "Old School Art," Michael Arneson.
17. NORTH COAST CO-OP 25 Fourth St. Susan Strope, paintings.
18. CHERI BLACKERBY GALLERY and THE STUDIO 272 C St. "Weltwunder (Wonder of the World)," Christine Bietz, acrylic paintings, ceramic sculptures.
18a. C STREET STUDIOS & HALL GALLERY 208 C St. Marceau Verdier, John King, Regina Case and David White.
18c. SAILORS' GRAVE TATTOO 138 Second St. Tattoo-related art, antiques, and memorabilia.
18f. THE BLACK FAUN GALLERY 120 Second St. "The Drugz Show: Vector Prints from the Last Decade," Barry Post.
19. SWEET SEA STUDIO 129 Second St. Photography
19a. GALLAGHER'S IRISH PUB 139 Second St. Ron Thompson, oil paintings.
20. BAR FLY PUB AND GRUB 91 Commercial St. Marni Schneider. Kathleen Bryson, art from her private collection. Music by The Last Match at 9 p.m.
21. STEVE AND DAVE'S First and C streets. Marni Schneider, photography.
21a. REDWOOD CURTAIN 220 First St. Theater Gallery: John Wesa, paintings.
22. CHAPALA CAFE 201 Second St. Kylan Luken, photography.
22a. ACCENT STYLING GALLERY 219 Second St. Music by Winsome Winds.
22b. GOOD RELATIONS 223 Second St. "Shades of Gray," Nancy Ensign, figure drawing.
23. HUMBOLDT HERBALS 300 Second St. Karan Collenberg, etchings and paintings. Music by Jan Bramlett.
24. THE SIREN'S SONG TAVERN 325 Second St., Suite 102. Noelle Cox, oil paintings.
24a. BRENDA TUXFORD GALLERY 325 Second St. "Big Foot Show," open community art show with an appearance by Bobo. Music TBA.
24b. ALTERNATIVE BUILDING CENTER 325 Second St., #102. "Acrylic Vision," Ken Nunes, acrylic paintings. Music by La Patinas.
24cc. RUSTIC WEST TRADING CO. 339 Second St. Vickie McDonald, bead jewelry; Jim Cernohlavek, wall art; Carol Mallard, vintage jewelry; Katya Newman, wire art.
25. CLARKE HISTORICAL MUSEUM 240 E St. "Floating Sculptures from Behind the Redwood Curtain: History of Decoys and Those Who Made Them." "Eureka Theater 75th Anniversary Exhibit." Artist and co-founder of Honor Flight Kathrin Burleson signing Veteran Portraits and discussing the Adopt A Veteran Campaign.
25b. CALIFORNIA MENTOR 317 Third St. Ken Waldvogel, acrylics on canvas. Music by Alicia Gildea and Band.
26. BELLA BASKETS 311 E St. Martha Tilden, wire art.
26a. STUDIO 424 424 Third St. "our gold is not the gold of the masses," Kelly Myers, multi-media.
26b. SHIPWRECK 430 Third St. "Seven Sirens," Lisken Rossi, photography.
27. CAFÉ NOONER 409 Opera Alley. Guy Fieri, wall art. Music by John Myers and Jim Silva, acoustic guitar.
28. RAMONE'S 209 E St. Darcy McKeon, photography. Music by UFO8, indy rock.
30. TRUCHAS GALLERY/LOS BAGELS 403 Second St. "Giant Squid Collective," Sam Kirby, Ashley Mobley, Tim Camp, Jordan Goodspeed and Max Garcia, prints.
31. NORTH SOLES 407 Second St. "Mardi Gras Celebration," Donviev, watercolors.
32a. OLD TOWN SQUARE Second and F streets. Street performance by Sacred Palace.
33. CORNUCOPIA 425 Snug Alley. Birthday celebration for the late Leon Berliner.
34. HSU FIRST ST. GALLERY 422 First St. "Nightwatch," Ellen Garvens, mixed media and photography; "The Universe Unfolded," Ananda Oliveri, spray paint, Plexiglass.
35. WHIPLASH CURVE 423 First St. Nancy Ayers, artwork.
36. BAYFRONT RESTAURANT 1 F St. Plaza. Richard Duning, paintings.
36a. LIVING THE DREAM ICE CREAM 1 F St. Seanna Burden, glitter paintings.
37. VANITY 109 F St. Blake Reagan, paintings.
37a. STRICTLY FOR THE BIRDS 123 F St. Paula Anderson, watercolors.
37b. HUMBOLDT ACCUPUNCTURE 123 F St. Suite F (third floor). "Chinese New Year Celebration," Amy Leon and Dorje Kirsten.
37c. LINEN CLOSET 127 F St. Natalya Drew, encaustic wax and acrylics.
38. EUREKA FABRICS 414 Second St. Meet and greet the North Coast Dance Nutcracker Dancers in costume.
39. THE LITTLE SHOP OF HERS 416 Second St. Forrest Laven, drawings.
39a. YARN 418 Second St. Lynn Jones/Just My Type Letterpress & Illustration, Year of the Horse letterpress print.
39b. TREASURE TROVE 420 Second St. Sharon Collins, acrylic and oil paintings.
39c. EUREKA BOOKS 426 Second St. Book signing for The 1964 Flood of Humboldt and Del Norte with authors Dave Stockton Jr. and Greg Rumney.
41a. THE WINE SPOT 234 F St. Redwood Camera Club, photographs.
42. OLD TOWN JEWELERS 311 F St. Bobby Wright, graphite on paper.
43a. DISCOVERY MUSEUM Corner of F and Third streets. Kids Alive program drop-off 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Call for reservations 443-9694.
44. AMERICAN INDIAN ART GALLERY 241 F St. Jessica Lawson, Yurok wire jewelry.
44a. OLD TOWN ART GALLERY 233 F St. Dan Lazarus, found art.
45. HUMBOLDT BAY COFFEE 526 Opera Alley. Music by DJ Itchie Fingaz.
46. OLD TOWN COFFEE and CHOCOLATES 211 F St. Melissa Solitz, artwork. Music by Jenni and David and the Sweet Soul Band.
47. OLD TOWN ANTIQUE LIGHTING Second and F streets. "Off the Grid," John Jameton, watercolor paintings.
49. FIVE ELEVEN 511 Second St. Rob Hampson, large format oil paintings.
50. WOLF DAWG 525 Second St. Iazik Brown, artwork.
50b. HUMBOLDT HARDWARE 531 Second St. Information on South Bay School programs.
52. HUMBOLDT BAY TOURISM CENTER Second and G streets. Linda Mitchell, paintings.
53. ORANGE CUP CORAL SALON 612 Second St. Chinese New Year celebration. Rob Hampson, abstract oil paintings; and Meagan Russin, jewelry.
54. PIANTE 620 Second St. Stilson Snow, photography.
55. SMUG'S PIZZA 626 Second St. Brandon Garland, pen and ink drawings.
56. ORIGIN DESIGN LAB 621 Third St. "Get Your Heart On," Origin makers, romance-themed crafts. Hands-on demos and tutorials in sewing and crafting.
58. ADORNI CENTER 1011 Waterfront St. "Hearts Alive," presented by the Gulch Teen Recreation Program, teens performing live art, dance, spoken word and orginial songs, from 6 p.m.-8 p.m.