Heads Up This Week

When: Thursdays

Lost Coast Camp has full and partial camperships available for Makers Camp session 2, July 6-13 for boys and girls ages 11-13. Visit or call 629 3547.

The Humboldt Folklife Festival, July 8-15, seeks volunteers. Email or call 616-1546.

The Humboldt Branch of Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom is asking for your donations of newer, good quality books for their annual Fourth of July Book Sale. Paperbacks preferred, no textbooks. The sale benefits the Edilith Eckart Memorial Peace Scholarship. Call 822-5711 to arrange donation.

The Board of Directors for Redwood Coast Regional Center seeks interested persons to fill six board vacancies in Humboldt, Mendocino and Lake counties. Application deadline is July 7. Call 445-0893, ext. 317, for an application.

The Blue Lake Chamber of Commerce has $45 vendor booths at this year’s Annie and Mary Day celebration on Sunday, July 9. Deadline for booth applications is July 3. Go to or call 668-5567.

Any Arcata citizen or anyone who lives or works within the Arcata Planning area is invited to apply to serve on the Arcata Planning Commission. The seven-member Planning Commission has final decision making authority for most planning and physical development permits in the Arcata area. Applications accepted until 5 p.m. on Friday, July 7, and are available on the city’s website as well as the City Manager’s Office.

The McKinleyville Community Services District announces two alternate member vacancies on the Recreation Advisory Committee. Letters of application may be mailed to the MCSD, Attn: Lesley Frisbee, P.O. Box 2037, McKinleyville, CA 95519. Contact the Parks and Recreation Office at 839-9003.

Arcata Fire District is seeking a community minded individual interested in participating in local government to serve on an elected five-person Board of Directors. Visit to download an application. For more information, call 825-2000.

Interested in volunteering for EPIC? Contact Briana Villalobos, or call 822-7711 to be added to the volunteer list


Headwaters Fund mini-grants available for projects to promote local economic development. For more information call 476-4809 or visit

The Morris Graves Museum of Art seeks volunteer greeters for Friday and Saturday afternoons, noon-2:30 p.m. and 2:30-5 p.m. Contact: Janine Murphy, Museum Programs Manager: or 442-0278 ext 202.

North Coast Community Garden Collaborative seeks donated garden supplies, monetary donations and/or volunteers. For more information, contact 269-2071 or

Volunteers needed for the Arcata Marsh Interpretive Center. Call 826-2359 or email

Volunteers wanted for Eureka VA clinic. Call 269-7502.

Add a review


Select a star to rate.