McKinleyville Arts Night is presented on the third Friday of the month by members of the McKinleyville business community and is open for all McKinleyville businesses to display the work of local artists. Receptions for artists, exhibits and/or performances are from 6-8 p.m. on the third Friday of each month. Call (707) 834-6460 or visit www.mckinleyvilleartsnight.com for more information.
1. EUREKA-ARCATA AIRPORT 3561 Boeing Ave. Long-term exhibit coordinated by the Redwood Art Association, featuring eight local female artists: Regina Case, Natalie Craig, Joan Gold, Linda Mitchell, Kathy O'Leary, Linda Parkinson, Lien Truong and Roberta Welty.
2. SILVER LINING 3561 Boeing Ave., #D (at the Eureka-Arcata Airport). Acoustic folk and bluegrass by Pat Holland; ambigram book featuring Good and Evil Twins; after-party from 8-10 p.m.
3. MCKINLEYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL 1300 Murray Road in the Multipurpose Room Spring variety show, including one acts, comedy and music by the Advanced Theater Workshop troupe. $5/7 per person, starting at 7 p.m. Preceded by a free Green Show (face painting, music, dance) from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
4. UMPQUA BANK 2095 Central Ave. Art by kindergarten through fifth grade students at Morris Elementary School.
5. MCKINLEYVILLE FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER1450 Hiller Road. The theme for May is Rocks and More Rocks!
6. BLAKE'S BOOKS 2005 Central Ave. Mixed media by Anastasia Zielinski, who will also be on hand demonstrating her collage techniques.
7. EDWARD JONES 1973 Central Ave. Paintings by Fox and Shawn Gould.
8. CHURCH OF THE JOYFUL HEALER 1944 Central Ave. Lauresa Tomlinson: mixed media, and classical piano by Larry Tomlinson.
9. MIRADOR GLASS Miller Business Park. Photography by Arcata Bottom 4H Members.