A celebration of local art and artists with music, food and fun. McKinleyville Arts Night is open for all McKinleyville businesses to display the work of local artists on the third Friday of the month. Call 834-6460 or visit www.mckinleyvilleartsnight.com for more information.
1. CALIFORNIA REDWOOD COAST AIRPORT 3561 Boeing Ave. Redwood Art Association reception from 6 to 8 p.m. featuring art by Micki Flatmo, Allison Curtis, Andrei Hedstrom, Rachel Schlueter, Augustus Clark, Scott Hemphill & Anna Sofia Amezcua. Music by Dogbone.
2. SILVER LINING 3561 Boeing Ave., #D (at the California Redwood Coast Airport) Jody Bryan, watercolor paintings; Steve Porter, watercolor paintings; Paul Rickard, watercolor paintings. Music by JD Jeffries and Michael Stewart.
3. MCKINLEYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL 1300 Murray Rd. in the Library "Still Life," student photographs, Mack High students, autobiographical letter sculptures. Special Event! Join Mack High Students for the show openings. In addition to the art, guests are invited to tour the ceramics lab, partake in food and refreshments, and participate in art making activities.
4. MCKINLEYVILLE FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER 1450 Hiller Rd. Art and activities for children of all ages from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
5. NORTH COAST FROZEN YOGURT McKinleyville Shopping Center "Mack Arts," McKinleyville High School Arts Students.
6. BLAKE'S BOOKS 2005 Central Ave. Kathrin Burleson, mixed media. Music by Harry Smith.
7. CHURCH OF THE JOYFUL HEALER 1944 Central Ave. "Joyworks" art, Earth Day fun.