A celebration of local art and artists with music, food and fun. McKinleyville Arts Night is open for all McKinleyville businesses to display the work of local artists on the third Friday of the month. Call 834-6460 or visit www.mckinleyvilleartsnight.com for more information.
1) CALIFORNIA REDWOOD COAST AIRPORT 3561 Boeing Ave. View artwork by Humboldt County artists at the long-term exhibit coordinated by the Redwood Art Association. The new exhibit features work by Augustus Clark, Curtis Otto, Hanna Pierce, Howard Emerson, Rob Hampson and Micki Flatmo.
2) MCKINLEYVILLE FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER 1450 Hiller Road. Special Event: Bring your family out to a night of art and fun with special activities from 6-7 p.m. Come prepared for a fun night for children of all ages.
3) GRACE GOOD SHEPHERD CHURCH 1450 Hiller Road. Hannia SánchezMadriz and other McKinleyville High School artists: Mixed media.
4) NORTH COAST FROZEN YOGURT McKinleyville Shopping Center. Earl Stevens, woodwork, showing a collection of "Intarsia" work.
5) BLAKE'S BOOKS 2005 Central Ave. Tina Gleave, paintings on silk and live silk painting demo. Music by Harry Smith. Special Event: Join Artist-In-Residence Tina Gleave for a silk scarf painting class. Find out more or register by calling Blake's Books at 839-8800.