A celebration of local art and artists, music, food and fun. McKinleyville Arts Night is open for all McKinleyville businesses to display work from local artists on the third Friday of each month. For more information, call 834-6460 or visit www.mckinleyvilleartsnight.com.
1) CALIFORNIA REDWOOD COAST-HUMBOLDT COUNTY AIRPORT 3561 Boeing Ave. Works by Robert Benson, Floyd Bettiga, Thomas Klapproth, Jim McVicker, William Pierson, Laura Rose, Stock Schlueter and Stilson Snow.
2) SILVER LINING 3561 Boeing Ave. #D (at the airport). Hand-knit scarves by KC Creations. Music by JD Jeffries 6-9 p.m.
3) MCKINLEYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL 1300 Murray Road, in the library. "Mural Design Art," sketches by students. "Unique Portraits," photographs by students. There will be "make-and-take" art projects for all ages, an open ceramics lab, refreshments and music.
4) MCKINLEYVILLE FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER 1450 Hiller Road. Bring your family out for special activities from 6:30-7:30 p.m. The theme for November is "Friends Giving." For children of all ages.
5) BLAKE'S BOOKS 2005 Central Ave. Mike Anderson and Leslie Anderson, nature photography.
6) EDWARD JONES 1973 Central Ave. Miniatures by the Redwood Small World Club. Joyce Jonté, watercolors. Jeffrey Schwartz, photographs.
7) CHURCH OF THE JOYFUL HEALER 1944 Central Ave. Works by the Humboldt Miniatures Club. Also open mic night hosted by poet and dynamic math professor Diane Johnson.
8) HUMSPA 1660 Central Ave., Suite. C. "Planets," Dorje Kirsten, acrylic on canvas. Also spa demos and a raffle for essential oils and spa gift certificate.
9) NORCAL PETS Miller Business Park. Brittany Villiados, animal photography.
10) CURVES Miller Business Park. Diane Slagle, acrylic folk art paintings and folk and Victorian crafts.
11) GATTON'S TAXIDERMY Miller Business Park. "Call of the Wild," Reed Gatton, wildlife art including fish replicas, antler mounts, shoulder mounts, Euros and rugs.