A celebration of local art and artists, music, food and fun. McKinleyville Art Night is open for all McKinleyville businesses to display work from local artists on the third Friday of each month. For more information, call 834-6460 or visit www.mckinleyvilleartsnight.com.
1. SILVER LINING 3561 Boeing Ave. #D (at the California Redwood Coast Airport). Landscapes and radial symmetry snowflakes by Morris Elementary School students. Music by JD Jeffries.
2. MCKINLEYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL 1300 Murray Road, in the library. Unveiling of the "Unity & Diversity" mural by students. Enjoy refreshments, make and take art projects and visit the ceramics lab.
3. MCKINLEYVILLE FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER 1450 Hiller Road. A night of art and fun for all ages with special activities from 6:30-7:30 p.m. January's theme is "New Beginnings."
4. BLAKE'S BOOKS 2005 Central Ave. Dorothy Klein, cyanotypes.
5. CHURCH OF THE JOYFUL HEALER 1944 Central Ave. Phylis Geller, photography. Music by Joe Garceau, singer/songwriter.