A celebration of local art and artists, music, food and fun. McKinleyville Art Night is open for all McKinleyville businesses to display work from local artists on the third Friday of each month. For more information, call 834-6460 or visit www.mckinleyvilleartsnight.com.
1) CALIFORNIA REDWOOD COAST AIRPORT 3561 Boeing Ave. "Street Art," works by Thomas "Sonny Wong" Atwood, Christopher Dmise, Eric Furman, Sam Kagan and Ananda Oliveri.
2) SILVER LINING 3561 Boeing Ave., #D (at the California Redwood Coast Airport). Works by Dow's Prairie Elementary school students of all grade levels. Music by JD Jeffries.
3) MCKINLEYVILLE HIGH SCHOOL 1300 Murray Rd., in the Library. Senior Portfolio Show: artwork by 11 seniors. "Real/Surreal": photographs by students. Family Art Night activities include make-and-take art projects for all ages, an open ceramics lab and refreshments.
4) MCKINLEYVILLE FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER 1450 Hiller Road. A night of art and fun for all ages with special activities from 6:30-7:30 p.m. March's theme is "Spring is Here!"
5) BLAKE'S BOOKS 2005 Central Ave. Linda Parkinson, paintings.
6) CHURCH OF THE JOYFUL HEALER 1944 Central Ave. Works by Kenyan artists. Music by The Arcata Interfaith Gospel Choir.