A celebration of local art and artists with music, food and fun. McKinleyville Arts Night is open for all McKinleyville businesses to display the work of local artists on the third Friday of the month. Call 834-6460 or visit www.mckinleyvilleartsnight.com for more information.
1) CALIFORNIA REDWOOD COAST AIRPORT 3561 Boeing Ave. View artwork by Humboldt County artists at the long term exhibit coordinated by the Redwood Art Association. The show includes art by Micki Flatmo, Allison Curtis, Andrei Hedstrom, Rachel Schlueter, Augustus Clark, Scott Hemphill and Anna Sofia Amezcua.
2) NORTH COAST FROZEN YOGURT McKinleyville Shopping Center Earl Stevens, intarsia (inlaid patterns on the surface of wood and other objects), "Mack Arts," McKinleyville High School art students.
3) GRACE GOOD SHEPHERD CHURCH 1450 Hiller Rd. Geoff Werronen, illustrations and paintings. From 6-6:30 pm, music by the church's Hand Bell Choir; from 6:30-8:30 pm, music by Lynn Hubbard and Craig Lemster.
4) MCKINLEYVILLE FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER 1450 Hiller Rd. Special Event: Children's Mental Health Day. Free dinner, interactive art project and story time with Jeanine Lancaster from Humboldt County Library and Michael Davies-Hughes from McKinleyville Union School District.
5) BLAKE'S BOOKS 2005 Central Ave. Tina Gleave, paintings on silk and live silk painting demo. Music by Harry Smith.
6) CHURCH OF THE JOYFUL HEALER 1944 Central Ave. Tree-themed show with watercolors and photography by Evelyn Wiebe-Anderson and Terry Sue Myers.